Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.

Go down 
+54
bite the pillow
SplitThePosts
kickingking
ClaneLillywhite
lilywhites on tour
fatherted
Thin Blue Line
srg hartman
Anyonebutthedubs
lily4fr
Ogie
steviegenius
standhimup
Hurlerbehindtheditch
lilysavage
shortgrass
parcel
Cassanata
Ned
topcat
jj
Southern Gael
Admin
john Boy
Onechance
white boy
Taibi
moatesports
Thelillywhites
GoDownOnIt
lomond
BearintheSquare
Botch
NorthernLily89
seamymurphy
CillDara71
LillieLad
Badger85
KILL BILL
jimmers
White Bridge
Caprea
flourman
Curraghplains
TommyKeegan
Clubman
jim
murof
Highball
Rex
Cilldara_2000
Flamingo
Gaa1928
FionnMcCool
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 3:09 am

bloodsub wrote:
I'm hearing Glenn Ryan has the job.

Great news if true!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 5:17 am

I would rather Glenn over Tom but Davy should have been the man but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 5:35 am

Glenn Ryan is to be recommended as the new Manager of the Kildare Senior Football team with a Management team of Anthony Rainbow, Dermot Earley and Johnny Doyle.

lily4fr, bite the pillow and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
cuttothebone
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 6:44 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
This may be worth a read. Not a positive article about Kildare GAA and our record at senior/underage level. The old " Kildare don't have natural forwards" bit thrown in there too.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzz.ie/sport/gaa/now-kildare-gaa-after-years-25042563.amp
Not the 1st time that particular author mentioned Kildare Gaa in a negative piece. An Ashbourne Gaa Meath blow in, the very worst type of meath fan.. Their still very sore about that last game..
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 7:13 am

I can never quite understand why Kildare fans get so sore about journalists being accurate.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 8:26 am

Eh.... The article is spot on.
The truth hurts
Back to top Go down
ClaneLillywhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 8:25 am

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40716857.html

Ugh what an arsehole this man is! I used to really admire him before he took over Kildare.

The thing that breaks my heart is this 9 hour round trip nonsense! What about the nice cosy bed in the house he was given in Newbridge? About a 9 minute round trip from there!

“But the almost nine-hour round journey was taking a huge toll on me and even people close to me would have remarked around that time that I'd lost a lot of weight.

“The other thing that people don't realise is I didn't have a management team any more up there. Virtually the whole management team had broken up.

“The situation in Kildare was I more or less had my mind made up when we were beaten in the Leinster final. In fact, if you're reading body language in the dressing room after the game, you would say I was quite emotional in the dressing room because I'd a fair idea it was my last time meeting that bunch of players or addressing them.

Would love to see Kerry brought down a peg or two next year, or atleast a hammering or two,,,
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 9:34 am

What a joke! I was praising the County Board but they really should sack their body language expert after they failed to see he was OBVIOUSLY leaving after the Leinster Final...

Oh and he was introduced as the CURRENT Kildare manager on that Examiner podcast at the end of August. He could have set it straight there...

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 7:16 pm

We've been pushed around, disrespected and we've laid down for years on the field and now its happening at county board level!!

Thanks be to the lord jayses Glen Ryan is back to restore a bit of pride and self respect into Kildare football.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 8:31 pm

Have you forgotten the "play our league home games in Croke Park" debacle. Without Cian O Neill taking a stand I bet we'd have played Mayo there too. The CB has been a soft touch for a long time but not in this case.

Last edited by Rex on Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 10:01 pm

For JOC, that old expression comes to mind ... "If you're explaining, you're losing".

He's losing a lot at the moment............

shortgrass likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 11:57 pm

Lads whatever about the past this is not on the County Board who I'm sure acted in good faith.
It's hardly doing himself any favours below in Kerry either.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2021 12:44 am

Flamingo wrote:
Lads whatever about the past this is not on the County Board who I'm sure acted in good faith.
It's hardly doing himself any favours below in Kerry either.

I'm sure they acted in good faith too but they are either:

a) being taken for fools by this guy after paying him handsomely for 2 years

or

b) guilty of putting out a false statement concerning his future that ended up making them and Kildare Gaa look like fools!

So which is it?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2021 1:33 am

jimmers wrote:
For JOC, that old expression comes to mind ... "If you're explaining, you're losing".

He's losing a lot at the moment............
I'd absolutely agree. They have been a instances where they should have pushed back but no doubt He was telling them all kinds of things while eyeing up the Kerry job. No blame as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21