Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fergal Conway retirement

Go down 
+7
Clubman
FlourBag_1
Badger85
Big T
lilysavage
CillDara71
Jimmy winning matches
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Fergal Conway  retirement  Empty
PostSubject: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 7:46 pm

Fergal Conway has retired from. Inter county football due to persistent knee injury. Best of luck in future

Last edited by Jimmy winning matches on Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 7:53 pm

That's a real shame. Best of luck to him. Never gave anything less than his absolute best any time he played.

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 8:22 pm

Quality footballer, could play in a number of positions. Glad he got to play against Mayo and he was very good that day.
Back to top Go down
Big T
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 8:35 pm

Big loss i think, fantastic player. Very versatile could play anywhere from 5 to 12 and preformed well. Wish him the best for the future.

lilysavage and Clubman like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 10:53 pm

His performance in the Newbridge or Nowhere match will live with me for years. Fantastic servant to the county and hopefully he’ll get to tog out for a few more years with Celbridge.

OutSideOfTheBoot likes this post

Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 11:01 pm

Best of luck to Fergal Conway, a whole hearted player who always gave 100%. A personal favourite of mine is his excellent solo goal V Longford in 2019 down in Tullamore.
Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 2:37 am

Quality player , pity he had to retire prematurely. Playing mickey mouse club hurling after long seasons with both the county and club football teams might nt have been the brighest idea for the body, but shows he is a club man .
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:31 am

Persistent knee injury or fall out with current management🤔 I wonder. I’d view Fergal as our best all around footballer excellent anywhere between 5-12. Missed little to no club games be it football or hurling. A massive leader for Celbridge and Kildare during the CON era. Pity to lose him but I feel it’s a clash of personality’s , will davy Hyland and Neil flynn hang around too
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2022 5:16 am

A great club player. Was always a stand out. Did very well with kildare over the years. A great servant and will be missed
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2022 7:01 am

TheManInTheStands wrote:
Persistent knee injury or fall out with current management🤔 I wonder. I’d view Fergal as our best all around footballer excellent anywhere between 5-12. Missed little to no club games be it football or hurling. A massive leader for Celbridge and Kildare during the CON era. Pity to lose him but I feel it’s a clash of personality’s  , will davy Hyland and Neil flynn hang around too

I think you're insulting Fergal David and Neil even if they're is a clash of personality as you put it. These boys don't walk away like spoiled kids they show up and graft that's the type of men they are. No throwing the toys out of the pram.

Best of luck for the future Fergal a great player regardless what jersey was on his back. Thanks for your honesty and effort for the last 10 years

OutSideOfTheBoot likes this post

Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2022 5:44 pm

Best of luck to Fergal - He stands out as one of the very few over the last 10 years who had the "toughness" and bit of divilment that we so badly lack when the chips are down. A really good footballer who will be missed about the place. Thankls for your efforts Fergal
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2022 12:18 am

Great article in the Liffey Champion with Conway. Shows the efforts lads go to to play for their county.

kelf likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fergal Conway retirement    Fergal Conway  retirement  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fergal Conway retirement
Page 1 of 1