Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mikey conway

Go down 
+18
TheBigFullForward
centreback
the big cal
walsheman
daracill
The Oracle
lillielad1888
Rex
KILL BILL
Stonecold
Yellow Pearl
Muvverfuk
kickingking
Muller
Ogie
bob12
GaaHead
Jimmy winning matches
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 am

heard he in sweeden at moment having his injury looked at .
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:39 pm

From what I hear he had a very successful operation in Sweden.... Let's hope that tunnel now has a bright light at the end of it....
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:57 pm

lets hope he make full recovery
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:14 am

back in 3 months
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:37 am

will be like a new player to the panel his passing skills will be most welcomed
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:52 am

if everything goes well, fingers crossed... will be very hard to get back to what he was 18 months ago, might be year after next before it happens, if it ever does. He deserves it. Some nightmare
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:14 pm

was right in line with him when he went over in moore park.. fingers crossed he gets another chance on the big stage. He was heading toward a all star nomination at the very least the way he was going.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:06 am

Still a long way back but good luck to him
Back to top Go down
Muvverfuk
Junior C
Junior C

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:05 am

Great player, love to see him back but hes problems on both knees now. Might never be back to 09 form
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:11 am

He deserves a chance to get back to full fitness and prove that he is what everybody says/thinks.
Personally I think its too late, there are better defenders around than him. Like Kevin O'Neill, that ship has sailed and the team has moved on.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:21 am

Nothing like a positive mental attitude huh lads
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 am

Newbridgefan wrote:
Personally I think its too late, there are better defenders around than him.

Possibly there are better natural defenders but apart from Leper, we have no one who can link the play between the backs and the forwards like Conway.

He could easily slot in at centre or wing-forward if he regains his fitness and retains his ability.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:54 pm

As you mentioned Kevin O'Neill - is this chapter closed for good also? , BTW - as the office I work in is in Dublin and because of the holiday period casual dress is allowed - I am proudly wearing my Kildare jersey around the office - lots of dirty looks from the dubs!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:13 am

Good man Bill keep the colours flying as there are enough manky blue jerseys on show around this part of the country.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:28 am

I have great faith im Mikey always remeber hi 70 yard pass to smithy v Laois in Tullamore in 09 to score a screamer it was worth paying in for alone never mind the result - Get well soon Mikey
Back to top Go down
lillielad1888
Junior C
Junior C

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Hope he comes back to form going to be tough but I think he can do it some passer of the ball would love to see Kevin O'Neill back as well.
P Kelly, K O'Neil, H McGrillan,
Flats, Bolton, Conway
Would be class together Very Happy
Back to top Go down

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Lads will ye give up on the Kev O'Neill thing! to be honest didnt think he stood out for Moores in championship
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:31 am

The O'Neill thing is hilarious. He hasn't played well for maybe three years. The comparison made between his case and Mikey is not accurate at all... Mikey hasn't played for a year and a half due to injury but was in the form of his life when he did get injured, in the running for an All Star nomination. Kev's form with Kildare has never had him in the running for an All Star nomination. That ship is sailed. I do agree though, that having been out so long, I find it very hard to believe Mikey will be at his best this year, if ever. If he does, it is likely to be 2012. Certainly when he got back playing after his first cruciate, it took him a long, long time to hit form again. As for him not being tight-marking, he's no worse than Flano and has the little bonus of not giving it away most times he kicks it!
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:36 am

Give him time, he'll be completely out of shape after so much time out and considering the current level of finess that the Kildare team aspire to he may not really kick a ball in anger for Kildare in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 1:16 am

Ogie wrote:
The O'Neill thing is hilarious. He hasn't played well for maybe three years. The comparison made between his case and Mikey is not accurate at all... Mikey hasn't played for a year and a half due to injury but was in the form of his life when he did get injured, in the running for an All Star nomination. Kev's form with Kildare has never had him in the running for an All Star nomination. That ship is sailed.

Well said!!!
Back to top Go down
lillielad1888
Junior C
Junior C

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:12 am

I remember in the league last year our full back line was getting a hammering and Kevin O'Neill came on and steadied the ship and even before that he was playing well too..
Back to top Go down

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:41 am

For anyone who seen moorefield playing in the club championship this year and
The Leinster Club Championship they will know that Kevin O'Neill has done nothing to suggest he should be included in the panel for 2011. Obviously this could change in the current year but in the last game I seen him play Zach Tuohy took him to the cleaners for Portlaoise.
Back to top Go down
daracill
Junior A
Junior A

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:26 am

fionnmccool wrote:
For anyone who seen moorefield playing in the club championship this year and
The Leinster Club Championship they will know that Kevin O'Neill has done nothing to suggest he should be included in the panel for 2011. Obviously this could change in the current year but in the last game I seen him play Zach Tuohy took him to the cleaners for Portlaoise.
should have been taken off in portlaoise game
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:56 am

Back to Mikey Conway, if he is able to get back to give the team 15 -20 minutes in August if we are still around then that would be a huge bonus particularly as the game became a little more open.
I also don't think there is anybody better around to the lad back to fitness than Julie Davis. She will be vital to our cause this year as she has a lot of work to get through on Dermot and Mikey Conway.

what ever happens it would be great to hear he is on his way back
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 1:00 pm

Firstly: Happy New Year to you all.
Secondly: Lets build on 2010. That means reputations mean f**k all. We want/need guys to improve enough to break into last years 15. That includes the likes of the rookies (Dowling, Moolick, Mulhall and guys who have been around a while without proving anything.
Whoever Geezer decides is good enough, is good enough for me.
Thirdly: Good night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mikey conway Empty
PostSubject: Re: mikey conway   mikey conway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mikey conway
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next