Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ticket Pricing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

Ticket Pricing Empty
PostSubject: Ticket Pricing   Ticket Pricing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:16 pm

We tend to be critical of the GAA when it comes to admission prices etc but they are clearly not the worst offenders when it comes to sport in Ireland. The IRFU are being heavily criticised for selling tickets to their four Autumn tests in a package deal for an extortionate €340. This amounts to €85 per game and the tickets can't be sold individually. And this for what amount to just friendly matches. The FAI also sold tickets to the recent meaningless Man Utd match for something like €60 I think. So when you think that tickets are at €45 for an AI semi final it seems cheap in comparison. I know even that is still pricey enough and we are still ripped off when it comes to the €5 programme, food and drink in Croke Park but in fairness to them, they do seem to have a more reasonable attitude to ticket pricing for their big games. The juvenile tickets at €5 are also worthy of praise.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Ticket Pricing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ticket Pricing   Ticket Pricing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Agreed. The GAA is much better than the soccer and rugby in terms of value for money and its prices. FAI dearest seat is €70 and €50 for cheapest for qualifier.

However the huge amount of empty seating in Croke Park this year could have been reduced a bit by a simple €5 or €10 drop in prices. 450,000 unemployed. It would have helped Im sure.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

Ticket Pricing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ticket Pricing   Ticket Pricing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Plus the GAA product is far better than what's on offer in a rugby and soccer match in terms of excitement, passion and atmosphere, but thats only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

Ticket Pricing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ticket Pricing   Ticket Pricing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Hey Derfil - you've robbed my avatar!

I'm not supporting the IRFU but they are the only one of the 3 that is fully professional in Ireland. Can't be cheap paying BOD and the likes!
When you think there is 50k capacity and 10k of that is already sold though corporate 10yr tickets etc. then 40k to sell seems like a small number so I'm sure they'll find 40k suckers to go to these games! I'm sure it will come back to bite them in the long run though. The minute the Irish team start doing poorly support will drop quickly.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

Ticket Pricing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ticket Pricing   Ticket Pricing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:10 pm

He's all yours midfieldmaestro. Look after him Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ticket Pricing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ticket Pricing   Ticket Pricing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ticket Pricing
Page 1 of 1