Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tickets V Down

Go down 
+39
sam10
jnrwhite
topcat
shoutitout
kildarelass
stanley
abl
gaaman
jj
koko39
Loads of Pints
kickingking
carburyman
shortgrass1928
Stonecold
Horsebox
lilywhiteforlife
Highball
hawker
rgb
clonmullin
wingback
flourman
FearBan
centreback
Could'nt Trap Cement
Derfil
lilypremier
tomcruise
Rex
analysis
Sam1928
SeeTheStars
bob12
walsheman
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
gaaweb
MD
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:42 am

Just got mine now,ticketmaster had said that only Hogan and Hill are left,Cusack totally sold out apprantley,would want yous to get your tickets ASAP if you have not already,looks like we could have a sell out.
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:50 am

Ticketmaster will only get tickets which are not being made available to clubs. Should still be no problem getting them off your club or in Newbridge over the next week or so.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:55 am

they are 45 euro.
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 am

Folks when do tickets go on sale in the county grounds?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:24 am

prob not for couple of weeks
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:57 am

the tickets will be out in the clubs the thursday before the match probably be available in newbridge from the monday / tuesday hopefully we will bring between 25-30 k everyone i know now wants to go some have not set foot in croiker since 98 I think this is great up the interest and the support can only be a good thing would be great to see more kids going so it will make them want to play my kids friends hvae come along to the matches with me now they are getting their parents to go so numers shoudl swell
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:33 pm

By far the best place to get tickets is through the clubs, as they usually get the best seats, and you don't have to queue. Second best place is from county board offices, as they usually get blocks where all the Kildare supporters are sitting together.
I see a notice this morning that clubs must have their ticket orders in by this Friday, which would suggest that the will go on sale from Co Board next week to general public.
Family tickets are available.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:30 pm

I got 2 for the hill last night. Delighted. TM seats are usually rubbish while club seats are much better.

Suprised TM have tickets to be honest. Sign of the times I suppose.
Back to top Go down

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Being honest I have been disappointed with the support for Kildare so far this year.

For the people who have went to the games they have certainly made themselves heard but for a county with a population Of 200k + we should really be bringing more to the games.

Down have a huge population and I imagine will out number us unless we drum up the support for the lads.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:33 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
Being honest I have been disappointed with the support for Kildare so far this year.

For the people who have went to the games they have certainly made themselves heard but for a county with a population Of 200k + we should really be bringing more to the games.

Down have a huge population and I imagine will out number us unless we drum up the support for the lads.

Dont worry Fionn, the bandwagon will get rolling in earnest now. They will all come out of the woodwork.
Back to top Go down

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:47 pm

I have no problem with the bandwagoners so long as they don't take a ticket from a genuine supporter which happened in 98.
Some people attended the final in 98 having not been to one game when some people would have given their kidney for a ticket.
With the size of Croker now however, should we reach the final we'll have no problems with that i imagine.

It's been an absolute magical year. Injury setbacks, The heartbreak against Louth, Dermot senior. Antrim- extra time and replay, winning in fortress Casement. The shocking weather v Leitrim, Drubbing Derry in Celtic Park.
Back to Croker to face Grimley and slay them also.
Leinster Champions next, Jimmers goal of the season, JD's performance, The realisation we have a special talent in flats jnr and showing Meath a little karma.
A lot of us should be really preparing for club championship now, but it's not often we have years like this.
Wherever we end up it's been an Epic year.
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:55 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
I have no problem with the bandwagoners so long as they don't take a ticket from a genuine supporter which happened in 98.
Some people attended the final in 98 having not been to one game when some people would have given their kidney for a ticket.
With the size of Croker now however, should we reach the final we'll have no problems with that i imagine.

It's been an absolute magical year. Injury setbacks, The heartbreak against Louth, Dermot senior. Antrim- extra time and replay, winning in fortress Casement. The shocking weather v Leitrim, Drubbing Derry in Celtic Park.
Back to Croker to face Grimley and slay them also.
Leinster Champions next, Jimmers goal of the season, JD's performance, The realisation we have a special talent in flats jnr and showing Meath a little karma.
A lot of us should be really preparing for club championship now, but it's not often we have years like this.
Wherever we end up it's been an Epic year.

Got teary reading this, magical is the only word to describe 17.30 on Sunday evening, croker could have been filled with Kildare people for all the noise people made at the final whistle, super feeling sitting in work this mornin, going to be a long long 4 weeks,hope the county comes alive in white now, anyone know when the lads are training this week? would be great to go have a look at them.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:58 pm

tuseday and thursday @ 7.30pm are the training night in conleths park are normal times
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:24 pm

bob12 wrote:
would be great to see more kids going

brought my 14 month old to the last game but she didn't sit still for 2 seconds loved shouting along with the crowd but had enough by the time the second half came.

So it would be great to bring her along if someone else volunteered to look after her while I watched the game.

Well BOB???
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:46 am

bandwagon s gonna be huge,hopefully fill the hill,be great to make an unreal atmosphere!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:52 am

won't be many of these lads around now

Tickets V Down Bag_head

Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:54 am

If it's a Dublin v Kildare final the ticket search will be chaos.God help us all !!!

I don't think that the mistakes of 1998 will be made this year.In 1998 we lost all sense of reality in that the County Board lost touch with the ordinary GAA supporter in the county in that it was seen as a quick way to make money eg the dinner the night of the final or the functions being held before the final. I see no problems with players being looked after but fundraising must include ALL supporters in the county.Also we will go into the final as underdogs.That will suit us. All this assumes that we will be in the final.

However it is one game at a time and Down are next on the horizon and this will be a mighty battle.I reckon we will outnumber their supporters by 2 to 1 simply because of geography and population.But they will arrive confident because they have unbelievable tradition and belief in their footballers.Saw it in 2001 and 2004.They have never been beaten in an AI final.The next few weeks will be great !!!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:05 am

im sure if ticket problems do occur,we can all help each-other on this ,to make sure we get sorted for tickets
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:07 am

Absolutley right walsheman.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:54 am

The bandwagon fans are out in force already. I got over 10 calls Sunday evening along the lines of "we're great, when's the next match? Are we going?". "Fook you says I, I'm going and you can tag along. Make sure to wear white and make noise. "
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:27 am

Rather sit beside bandwagoners than the empty seats that have followed kildare for the last number of years
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 am

folks I agree with Could'nt Trap Cement
I would love to have a huge support at this game I dont think it will sellout there will be 70-75K at it I have had friends that never set foot in croker since U2 rining me lookindg for tickets so ye bring along the support all is needed we wil need a siege mentallity as the boys from Down are cocky very cocky . I have a in law from Down and this is his 1st time in croker since 94 he thinks it will be a walk over so get the flag banners (some great ones on Sunday in the hill) rosettes, caps hat handbags headbands flour bags white coats, string vests get your family friends neighbours to come along to the greatest occasion on the 29th because beloeive me when the final whistle goes and we are 6-7pts up plan B wont stop the outpouring of emotion this is going to be great so lets get the tickets for the 'bandwagon fans' and show them what it feels to be a lillie on one point from Sunday I felt a greatrer sense of joy at the end of the game than I did in 98 due to the kids and wife been there they have never seen anything like that before and were hooked on it walking out of croker 12 months on from that famous dispaly against Tyrone I get a call from america my mate was watching in New york he was there i 98 sadly left our shores but is coming back with his family ( an amercan wfe and 9 yr old son) so this is getting big folks embrce the extra fans It was a lonely place last March in semple with me kids.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:19 am

it is annoying people who tell ya your mad going to derry and belfast to watch them they are no good couldn`t beat louth and now they are all jumping on the wagon saying they are a great team but i guess its better than sitting beside empty seats as couldn`t trap cement said, jaysus you may shorten that name or we will have to give you a nickname
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:21 am

walsheman wrote:
im sure if ticket problems do occur,we can all help each-other on this ,to make sure we get sorted for tickets

great idea. We should all lob in if we end with spares in the last few days before the game. I seen this work really well on soccer and music forums for match or concert tickets.

Could'nt Trap Cement wrote:
Rather sit beside bandwagoners than the empty seats that have followed kildare for the last number of years

This is true also. Strength in numbers.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:05 pm

yeah exactly sam...gettin spares works very well on the ybig.ie forum for ireland tickets,the more we can help the better!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tickets V Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tickets V Down
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next