Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tickets V Down

Go down 
+39
sam10
jnrwhite
topcat
shoutitout
kildarelass
stanley
abl
gaaman
jj
koko39
Loads of Pints
kickingking
carburyman
shortgrass1928
Stonecold
Horsebox
lilywhiteforlife
Highball
hawker
rgb
clonmullin
wingback
flourman
FearBan
centreback
Could'nt Trap Cement
Derfil
lilypremier
tomcruise
Rex
analysis
Sam1928
SeeTheStars
bob12
walsheman
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
gaaweb
MD
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
shortgrass1928
Junior A
Junior A
shortgrass1928

Tickets V Down - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:00 am

wingback wrote:
Why dont they apply to Hogan tickets??I cant understand not getting a discount for the Hill but surely if you are in the Hogan stand you should get a similar reduction as the Cusack?

You would think so, but I went to hurling quarter finals with my dad and they had no Cusack tickets left so got Hogan ones and when I asked where did he go to get his concession I was told that student & oap refunds only applied to Cusack and Davin stands. It says the same on gaa.ie. Its stupid but, hey, its the GAA!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:43 am

shortgrass1928 wrote:
wingback wrote:
Why dont they apply to Hogan tickets??I cant understand not getting a discount for the Hill but surely if you are in the Hogan stand you should get a similar reduction as the Cusack?

You would think so, but I went to hurling quarter finals with my dad and they had no Cusack tickets left so got Hogan ones and when I asked where did he go to get his concession I was told that student & oap refunds only applied to Cusack and Davin stands. It says the same on gaa.ie. Its stupid but, hey, its the GAA!

In fairness to the GAA you can't get student or oap concessions for soccer or rugby internationals.

As for the price of tickets it's a big increase on what it was ten years ago. However, 40,000+ paid about the same amount to see some crap meaningless soccer match at the bedpan stadium last night.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass1928
Junior A
Junior A
shortgrass1928

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:50 am

kickingking wrote:
shortgrass1928 wrote:
wingback wrote:

In fairness to the GAA you can't get student or oap concessions for soccer or rugby internationals.

As for the price of tickets it's a big increase on what it was ten years ago. However, 40,000+ paid about the same amount to see some crap meaningless soccer match at the bedpan stadium last night.

Not disputing that at all. The GAA have always looked after oaps, I think they get free into Newbridge. And also student and childrens tickets. But it seems ridiculous that one stand has a concession and the other doesn't, when the views & facilities are the exact same
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:58 am

shortgrass1928 wrote:
kickingking wrote:
shortgrass1928 wrote:
wingback wrote:

Not disputing that at all. The GAA have always looked after oaps, I think they get free into Newbridge. And also student and childrens tickets. But it seems ridiculous that one stand has a concession and the other doesn't, when the views & facilities are the exact same

I'm guessing here but I think the reason for that might be that there is more space at the back of the Cusack/Davin turnstiles (Block D is where the concession stiles are IIRC). It is easier for people to queue up here and therefore it is easier for the stewards to check ID's and scan tickets before people get their money back at the stiles.

The stiles on the Hogan side are pretty much on Jones' Road and it would be a bit of a nightmare if all students/oaps had to queue up for a small number of stiles on that side. No concession on the Hill is understandable considering it's a cheaper ticket anyway.

Only an educated guess but I suspect this is the reason there are no concessions for the Hogan Stand.
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:19 pm

Folks are the tickets available for general sale in conleths park from today?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Tomorrow
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Any one know what times etc tickets are avail from conleths tomorrow??
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:41 pm

It's usually any time up to 7pm I think.

10am-7pm will probably get you some.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:06 am

i see ticket requests from clubs in kildare is up 600% for this game!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:11 am

600% a typo mistake walsheman surely.

So if my maths are correct and I'll be honest and say they probably are not then

if we usually get 5000 tickets for clubs then we are looking at 30,000 before any sale to the public or interent sales, or Club Kildare sales.

Is this right.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:34 am

just saying what the email sent out to all clubs said.....said 600%.....and nobody is gaurenteed lower tickets due to demand!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:39 am

The bandwagon has been dusted down and is about to depart the station.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:41 am

all aboard!!!!

this was always going to happen in fairness, we are just living up to our reputation around the country, not least in dublin - although in fairness they will be the biggest culprits no doubt for their game against cork!

time to give a quick wash to the 4X4's hook up the trailer and make a day of it, the lillies are well and truly back in bloom!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:44 am

Dont forget the stetsons!!!

Tickets V Down - Page 3 Stetson-rover-safari
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 am

Cant see it been a big demand on the tickets
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:48 am

If Walsheman's info is correct and there is no reason to doubt it then an increase of 600% is astonishing. It won't get to capacity but with this new info I'd say it will get to 60,000.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:49 am

Great to see the demand all the same.Any one know if kildare have all the hill on the 29th????
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:59 am

doubt they have all the hill since it went onsale on ticket master,say we cud have 2/3rds of it thogh!!!yep thats my info,signed by miss o'neill aswell!!!there processing the orders from clubs last week first before sorting out more ticket demands!!!
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:23 am

Got a text this morning saying they're expecting big queues at county grounds tomorrow for tickets. So if you are going there for tickets go early
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:47 am

clubs getting their tickets tomarrow
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:10 am

fone wrote:
clubs getting their tickets tomarrow
goos stuff,havnt got a text bout mine yet though!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Apparently Kildare county board is expecting 40,000 Kildare fans to attend the match.

10,000 tickets were supplied to the clubs, and they are expecting to sell 30,000 themselves.

Tickets supplied to the clubs are not suppose to be great quality either.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Large queues outside Conleth's apparently for tickets. Great indicator of support if there is
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:18 pm

small crowd there at 8.45 this morning
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:31 pm

working in newbridge and just passed conleths, was huge crowd there between 10 and 11, still good queue down the steps at the moment! Colleague of mine spotted a few queuing at 6am this morning, great to see, who here imagined we'd be in this situation last January ...........queues in conleths to see Kildare play in an ALL IRELAND SEMI FINAL., god I'll get no work done for next few weeks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tickets V Down
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next