Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tickets V Down

Go down 
+39
sam10
jnrwhite
topcat
shoutitout
kildarelass
stanley
abl
gaaman
jj
koko39
Loads of Pints
kickingking
carburyman
shortgrass1928
Stonecold
Horsebox
lilywhiteforlife
Highball
hawker
rgb
clonmullin
wingback
flourman
FearBan
centreback
Could'nt Trap Cement
Derfil
lilypremier
tomcruise
Rex
analysis
Sam1928
SeeTheStars
bob12
walsheman
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
gaaweb
MD
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

Tickets V Down - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Peile we should be all member;s of club kildare,and not just trying to get the cheap way out!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:21 pm

I think croker makes a fair point peile. There was no mention of "proving yourself a supporter". No-one is looking for a list of games you attended or doubting your loyalty.

Only Billy Dunne has the right to brag about following Kildare everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:40 pm

shoutitout wrote:

stonecold how do you work out it only cost you €100 max?

If I remember correclty

2 O'Byrne Cup matches
3 league home matches
2 Championship home matches
1 Jacket
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Stonecold wrote:
shoutitout wrote:

If I remember correclty

2 O'Byrne Cup matches
3 league home matches
1 Jacket

I joined form the start and got coat and polo shirt too!!! I think its good to support it. But no one is saying anything about judgin gyou about your support.
The season ticket is great value too. Can you use that for any match?
I liek club Kildare for the fact that we get first call on tickets to championship matches and tickets are generally very good . To me its worth it for that alone!
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:38 pm

koko39 wrote:
Stonecold wrote:
shoutitout wrote:

If I remember correclty

2 O'Byrne Cup matches
3 league home matches
1 Jacket

I joined form the start and got coat and polo shirt too!!! I think its good to support it. But no one is saying anything about judgin gyou about your support.
I liek club Kildare for the fact that we get first call on tickets to championship matches and tickets are generally very good . To me its worth it for that alone!

Now no one said anything about a POLO SHIRT before. Now will join.

Did you actually get your polo shirt Koko ? I got done big time on one of these before Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:44 pm

carburyman do you stand by the last post you made? Poeple looking for the cheap way out. You dont know the financial suituation of anyone on this forum and what sacrifice some people make to attend games.

We all support Kildare at this all that matters. What ticket is used to get to a match does not matter one bit.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Club Kildare member here to. It's worth it if you ask me. I think the money raised by it has helped enormously in getting the team to the standard it is now.
The season ticket sounds good but I get a bit of a feel good factor knowing that my money is going directly into the County teams.

Anyway J.D says it's needed so that's good enough for me.

The one dark cloud on the horizon is the possibility of final tickets not being available. Although the way it works now you get a text asking do you want tickets and it's just a text back is very good (Top job Martina) if I can't get a couple of tickets for the final if we are lucky and good enough to get there will be a right slap in the face.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:48 pm

shoutitout wrote:
carburyman do you stand by the last post you made? Poeple looking for the cheap way out. You dont know the financial suituation of anyone on this forum and what sacrifice some people make to attend games.

We all support Kildare at this all that matters. What ticket is used to get to a match does not matter one bit.

Don't mind Carburyman, looking for an argument !!! If there was a cheap way, he'd find it. Think he joined order of malta just to see games.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 pm

peile wrote:
koko39 wrote:
Stonecold wrote:
shoutitout wrote:

If I remember correclty

2 O'Byrne Cup matches
3 league home matches
1 Jacket

Now no one said anything about a POLO SHIRT before. Now will join.

Did you actually get your polo shirt Koko ? I got done big time on one of these before Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_evil

Yeah Myself and Hubby are members and we BOTH got one!! oops think i've opened a can of worms!! Wink
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Just making a point , that if we could all afford it,we should be member's of club kildare.Look at what is happening at hawk field,most of the money for this comes from the kildare supporters club.

Back to top Go down
croker
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:05 pm

It is alot of money and it doesn't suit everyone. Im not suggesting for one minute that a supporter should be judged on joining Club Kildare or not.Some people train teams, coach underage, sell Club raffle tickets, mark out pitches or make tea, I join Club Kildare and the point I was making was that I do so because it goes directly towards the development and preparation of our county teams
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Fair enough Croker. There's no doubt it's there for the right reason. Maybe it should be promoted a bit more ? Any idea of membership numbers, open nights etc ?

Carburyman would be a good guy to have on it too. Anything you need he'd make sure and get it for you !!!!!
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Ha Ha Ha Peile,its bit like the polo shirts now!!!!!!!so it's not just me......
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:33 am

No supporter should be judged on the amount of money they contribute.

I dont think thats fair at all, I know plenty of people this year who would consider themselves kildare supporters who just couldnt afford the ticket to a match especially in the last few games when we got to croker, nevermind all the costs that go with the day transport, food etc. They still watch the matches and back the team all the way.

I've gone to nearly all matches this year and can just about afford it. Think I've given enough money to the county through gates fees etc throughout the year without giving out a lump sum or direct debit or whatever way membership is payed.

It doesnt look like the team is short of any money given the facilities they have, equipment, overnight stays before matches, trips away etc. I dont begrudge them anything as they work hard for all they get but I dont think people should be made feel under pressure to give more money, money that they probably dont have, towards the set up.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 am

lilywhiteforlife wrote:

It doesnt look like the team is short of any money given the facilities they have, equipment, overnight stays before matches, trips away etc. I dont begrudge them anything as they work hard for all they get but I dont think people should be made feel under pressure to give more money, money that they probably dont have, towards the set up.

I don't want to point out the obvious but how do you think they afforded to get those things. They were not given them as a present.
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:51 am

From fundraising like the fight night in time, tickets sold for the club kildare draws, membership from existing members of club kildare etc...

To point out the obvious my point, if you read my post again, is that they are doing well with what they have and as i said i dont think people should be made feel under pressure to give more money or feel they are any less of a supporter if they dont have the money to become a club kildare member. Thats all I was saying in response to some of the posts in this thread.
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

PostSubject: Club Kildare   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:06 am

Hi Lads

Just reading some of your comments, I think it is a great thing to support your county team, they work hard all year round for us to enjoy watching them. I joined Club Kildare 3 years ago, I am delighted to be supporting them in some way. It costs a lot of money to train the county team, without us getting behind them, they will be at nothing. I know everyone can't afford to join, but there are other ways, buying tickets, attending fight nights..etc. Anyhow lets enjoys the next match and get behind the team. UP KILDARE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:13 am

Any guesses on what sort of crowd Kildare will bring? I reckon we'll have around 35,000 with us
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:28 am

I hope we bring at least that jj. I'm so excited about the match. Rol on 29th
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:32 am

month is to long of wait
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:34 am

It is when you can't get to sleep at night with the nerves fone !!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:43 am

Everything in good time lads, relax and watch the game on Sunday. Then the build up will really kick in.

"All good things come to those who wait" and we have waited 82 years.

On a side note, I listen to Off the Ball on Newstalk most nights and they had roadshows in Cork and then Dublin, did anybody hear if there was one going to be in Kildare in the coming week.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:47 am

Reckon your not far off with the 35,000 figure. There's folk going to this match I didn't think even knew what colour Kildare play in.
Back to top Go down
lilywhite28
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:09 am

hi i dunno if anyone would be able to help me! I broke my ankle 5 weeks ago, and will be cast free fingers crossed wednesday before the match. My friend booked me ticket for the match but its upper cusack! i never paid any attention before but are there lifts available to upper tiers?! Sad
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 pm

yes, but you may have to contact a steward to access them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tickets V Down   Tickets V Down - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tickets V Down
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6