Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues

Go down 
+11
centreback
Sam1928
Lily8
Taibi
Jimmy winning matches
kildarecat
Rex
Ogie
walsheman
FearBan
SeeTheStars
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Empty
PostSubject: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:15 am

The GAA has announced a reduction in ticket prices for the forthcoming Aliianz League fixtures.

The decision to cut prices was announced at a Central Council meeting last Saturday and will see the cost of admission to a league game in the first and second divisions of the NFL and first division of the NHL dropping from €15 to €13.

A price of €10 will be the entry to Division 3 and Division 4 NFL ties, with a €5 admission to lower-level hurling games.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:35 am

Will they now reduce the season ticket price?

A bit suspect that they left the announcement of this until after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:06 am

2e down,cud have brought it to 10e in
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:20 am

That'd be 33% reduction, in fairness, that'd be a lot... season ticket still good value if you go to all the games but it's a fair point, it's worth less now than when a load of em were bought last month
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:59 am

Agree with Walsheman here, should have been a tenner or even €12 as physiologically you will get a lot more people willing to pay €12 than €13 just because it's not in the teens even though it's just €1 in the difference.

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:48 am

Am I missing something here?, I seem to remember paying €10 into the Antrim game in Newbridge, yes a championship game!, and yet they tell me I can pay the reduced price for a league game that comes in €3 more than I paid for a championship game?????
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:55 am

lets hope our county board drop their prices for 2011.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:56 am

fone wrote:
lets hope our county board drop their prices for 2011.
ah im SURE they will Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:09 am

Really went out of their way, €15 to €13, how wonderfully considerate of them.....
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:48 am

?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 am

Greed is alive and well in this country, do they not realise how much peoples wages are being cut by, i can safely say its more than 2 poxy euro!!!!

P.S How the hell do u get the euro symbol????lol confused
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:11 am

Yea how is it the Antrim match was only €10 last year then?
They're not killing themselves dropping prices by 2euro.
A tenner into league matches would be enough.

To get the € sign its ctrl, alt and 4
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks lily4life, yeah or maybe €8, the GAA has got to move with the times now people simply havent got it anymore.

The GAA annoys me sometimes, my club had a meeting the other nite and it was openly discussed what our new manager will be getting paid for each training session and match,i couldnt believe it!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Taibi wrote:
Thanks lily4life, yeah or maybe €8, the GAA has got to move with the times now people simply havent got it anymore.

The GAA annoys me sometimes, my club had a meeting the other nite and it was openly discussed what our new manager will be getting paid for each training session and match,i couldnt believe it!!

surprised you couldn't believe it Massimo, it's been the norm for a long, long, long, long time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:28 pm

kildarecat back on giving out about ticket prices - shock horror.

tight as a ducks hole.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 pm

People wont be happy until they get in for free. I see not much has changed round here!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:32 am

Ogie wrote:
Taibi wrote:

surprised you couldn't believe it Massimo, it's been the norm for a long, long, long, long time

Yes buts its always been the elephant in the room
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Yeh you're right Sam, nothing much has changed, I make my first posts of the new year and Fionn is sticking it to a Moorefield lad already.

Look the bottom line is if you can pay €10 and €15 into Championship games last year, the €13 charge for ordinary league games makes no sense to me, a smokescreen from the GAA, oh look at how wonderful we are we went to the bother of dropping prices to do our bit for the impoverished out there, as some said €8 would be more than enough for any league game in the current climate.

Just for your digestion fionn, my wages are down €110 a week, considering that my wages was just an average industrial wage at the best of times, you multiply that by four and it adds up €440 a month money that once paid many a bill, now you have to find that money from somewhere within your now considerably less take home pay!.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:51 am

fionn

GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues LAVvegpk7pJvcNG

Laughing
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 am

centreback wrote:
fionn

GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues LAVvegpk7pJvcNG

Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

then when he is finished dealing with some1 he shoves a €50 into there mouth
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:48 am

Ted Jnr just doesn't have the same charisma... they were the days
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:22 am

Not exactly a huge reduction in prices considering the state the country's in. Surely something around €10 or €12 would have been much more suitable for division 1 and 2 matches, especially considering the weather this time of year with many games played in stadiums with little shelter, but only taking 2 quid of the price when some championship and qualifier games can cost €10-€15 seems like a bit of an empty / token gesture from headquarters.

Like marcus said it's pretty unfair on those who have already bought season tickets, and no mention of any reductions on the season ticket website either. People can argue that the season tickets are already giving you a discount but they'd be hardly worth buying at this stage.

Things could be worse though I suppose, at least we're not going to end up like the Dub fans who'll be subjected to "entertainment", and I mean that in the loose sense of the word, from Jedward during the first hurling and football double header in Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 am

heard jumping johnny peters could be supplying the entertainment for our first league game,gonna be singing from the far 45,incase fans try to get on and rip his clothes off,i.e tom cruise
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Hahaha.... Nice one....
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Was wondering if the GAA can withhold the gate money for the league games(as threatened with cavan) is the money then distributed from HQ equally among all counties or how does it work, and if so then why not have all divisions at the same pricing ie €10.
€13 is a pointless effort,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next