Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues

Go down 
+11
centreback
Sam1928
Lily8
Taibi
Jimmy winning matches
kildarecat
Rex
Ogie
walsheman
FearBan
SeeTheStars
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Difference between €13 and €10 is €3
Approx average of attendances per NFL game in all 4 divisions - maybe 3,000????
16 games per weekend
16 x 3000 x €3 = €144,000 per weekend x 8 rounds = €1.2million

Not to be sneezed at from the GAA's point of view.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 pm

The dubs have it right, four games in Croker for €45 which works out at just over €11 quid for a seat, €35 for a terrace which is approx €8 or €55 for a adult and child. You can see some hurling and shout obcenities at Jedward (which would be worth the entrance fee alone)
In Newbridge you pay the full whack for dodgy toilets and iron girders blocking you view.
It's strange though that the Dublin county board can set their own prices here and yet we are always told prices are set by headquarters and apply to all counties.
The KCB should also be trying to set a home match package for Newbridge as this is the first year in ages we get four home games of which two are local derbys that will draw big crowds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Will the fact that is €13 and not €10 keep anyone away from the League Matches?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:10 pm

I think it will fionn, I would not underestimate they way people view their discretionary spending nowadays. You will always get the core support no matter what but the people who may have only watched Kildare for the first time last year may look at the price and think their is better value elsewhere.
As I have said before, it's these supporters or the walk in crowd (those who are in the town and see there is a match on and decide to go in, but on walking up see the price and decide not to) that should be targetted. They are the difference between a break even crowd and a profitable crowd.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Who knows yet. When you make an annoncement that your reducing prices from 15 to 13 people just go well why not 12 or 10 like whats the point 13 is as good as 15 in most peoples eyes where 12 at least is a more creditable gesture.
Kildare are in a good place after going to the semis last year other teams will not be as well supported as ours.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 pm

For starters, you can't just say - it's only €2, you'd have to look at it in terms of percentage and as I said earlier, a €5 reduction is a third, 33%, that's a massive whack... of course there is the argument that you might get more in and make more money if you reduce it a little more.

Surprised at the sneering about the Dublin thing (not at Jedward mind you), I think this is brilliant, the first time anything connected to the GAA has thought outside of the box... proper packages, double-headers in Croker and a bit of fun (I'd say the kids will love Jedward) and a price of €45 for a stand ticket for four days and something like a tenner extra for a child for those four days.... They're trying and I'd give them full marks for that.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 pm

AS I said Ogie the Dubs have this spot on, gone are the days that you will hand over money without getting value for it. The dubs realise this and offer an incentive to go through the gates. It's the way forward while also recruiting the next generation of supporters.

Sport in the modern world is less and less about the sport itself and more about entertainment and the event that surrounds it. If the GAA don't see this they will eventually become obsolete because there will be other "glittery" sport events to snatch the money that would normally go to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 pm

I wonder what the attendanc was the last 2 O'Byrne Cup games were.

Wouldnt say too many county teams had the crowd at their match that the Kildare lads had.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:35 pm

I think the better question will be how much it increases for the league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:58 pm

How much was it in for the O'Byrne Cup matches?
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:12 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
How much was it in for the O'Byrne Cup matches?

€10.

Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:07 am

johnsmyth wrote:
Who knows yet. When you make an annoncement that your reducing prices from 15 to 13 people just go well why not 12 or 10 like whats the point 13 is as good as 15 in most peoples eyes where 12 at least is a more creditable gesture.
Kildare are in a good place after going to the semis last year other teams will not be as well supported as ours.

Rex wrote:
Agree with Walsheman here, should have been a tenner or even €12 as physiologically you will get a lot more people willing to pay €12 than €13 just because it's not in the teens even though it's just €1 in the difference.

absolute total and utter horsesh*t...how about €12.99 lads...

And Rex you seem to be struggling with the big words there, physiologically...ya might want to check dictionary.com with that one horse unless you're suggesting punters get a free rub down...would you pay your extra euro then?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:41 am

wingback wrote:

absolute total and utter horsesh*t...how about €12.99 lads...

And Rex you seem to be struggling with the big words there, physiologically...ya might want to check dictionary.com with that one horse unless you're suggesting punters get a free rub down...would you pay your extra euro then?

Oh oh grammer police, so I hit the wrong word in the spell check, shoot me. Now instead of wasting yours and my time highlighting that meaningless mistake, how about you expand with an opinion instead of making a blunt pointless statement. There's a good chap.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:07 am

Good man Wingback, no place for psychology in marketing, especially when its the GAA.
So the Dubs can reduce pricing by 40% (before someone points out the my maths error, there is a hurling game which makes 5 15's) fair play to them.
By the way I'd still pay if it was15 its not the point the point is 15 or 13 for someone who really wants to go wont matter but for those who are not so bothered about going then the drop from 15 to 13 would appear pointless.

Also wingback to quote someone is not an opinion, if you disagree with them then make your point dont just say that thier point is rubbish and come out with nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues   GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAA reduce ticket prices for leagues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2