Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How will county board reduce debt ?

Go down 
+50
Athyman
ChopperDalton
lilly-exile
midfieldmaestro
ohluckyme
Cassanata
murof
tomcruise
peile
Dual
lastline
steviegenius
Ohtoohtobe
SamMaguire
Sam1928
Could'nt Trap Cement
Highball
milltownmary
ndog
stanley
SeeTheStars
Come on the Boys in Blue
Lily2016
BelieveToAchieve
jafm
kickingking
fargo
analysis
Loads of Pints
Big Full Back
rgb
wingback
TommyKeegan
Ogie
jj
Frankel
if_in_doubt
jim
Fear An Geata
centreback
Stonecold
Botch
lillyboy
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
fanofkildare
Taibi
kelf
Gaffer
54 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

How will county board reduce debt ? Empty
PostSubject: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:42 am

As its reported that we are 200k over budget, anybody here know how they will sort this out. I hope they dont do it at the expense of teams that are already raising funds for their own costs.
I would do the following.
1.... Teams that have not done fund raising should be made to do so, ie Senior hurlers.
2.... Cut the cost of county board, ie high milage rates paid to them.
3.... Stop paying stewards at all matches, this should be voluntary, give them free passes to all games in the county instead.

I could go on, but I will leave it up to others to join this debate.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:34 am

Gaffer

Since when do stewards get paid. I dont think they ever were so that's 1 no help but the other 2 are worth a shot.

Will ur club delegate (County Board Member) make the proposal ??????????????????

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 am

Kelf is right, stewards don't get paid.

I'm sure the hurlers are involved in funraisers?

What milage rate are CB members getting?
Back to top Go down
fanofkildare
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:54 pm

I really dont think it is the mileage rates of CB members that have the debt so high.

Read todays Sunday Independent sports section and digest.

The dogs on the street know how the debt was allowed spiral!
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:29 am

Kelf & Taibi,
Stewards do get paid .. fact not fiction,
CB members get paid the GPA mileage allowance from what I was told.
Tell me what fundraisers the hurlers did, there was no mention in the media for the last year or more.
The senior team are heavly involved in funding themselves , Juniors do something and the ladies football also, Proof of this is in the Independent today with the seniors paying for their own holiday.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 am

I just read that report in the Independent and it's absolute guff from first word to last. There is nothing in it apart from hyperbole.

"There is concern at national level over the power and influence of Club Kildare" what the hell does this mean. Every successful county has a supporters club. Sure we took the idea from Tyrone, where is the "National level Concern" there, where is the writers concern that Mayo is in debt to the tune of €11 million euro. It smacks of needing a negative GAA story and with Kathleen O'Neill's speech during the week this was manor from heaven. On that point I think if anything in the future is to be released by officials then it should be done with this kind of reaction from journalist with little do in mind.

"Local estimates say their overall debt could be approaching the half-million mark.", who are these local estimates from. She just said it was €200,000, again hyping up the story.

"The Meath model is very Good", have they seen their team play lately, have they seen the in fighting and back stabbing it creates when the get beat again and again by Kildare. Apparently their center of Excellence does not even have changing rooms. Some model there.

"In Kildare, there were misgivings about county players helping to raise finance for their last team holiday because it could bleed clubs dry" What moran would come up with that.
Why bring the Players own fund raising into it. Anyone can fund raise, the clubs don't have a monopoly on it. If the players make the effort and get some cash they can spend it as they wish.

"Whyte said delegates at the November county board meeting had appealed for greater trans
-parency in Kildare's financial affairs and a better understanding of the financial activities of Club Kildare." Again why, what has Club Kildare got to do with the Clubs. They are not obliged to join it or contribute to it. It smacks of certain people looking to acquire more power over things that don't concern them. Maybe other Clubs could see how Moorefield or any other club spend their supporters club money. If some one from Sarsfields asked to see Club Moorefields accounts they'd be told where to go fairly quickly. What's got for the goose Mr. Whyte.

"Kildare is not unique in this respect" and "Again, this is not a new concern nor is the existence of a supporters' club unique or novel" all you need to read in this lump of turd. In other words all Counties do it but we are going to highlight Kildare.

Overall the article is shite from start to finish. Typical Independent journalism.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:06 am

u what about each kildare player has to rise 3.000 euro again this year? is that taken money from club
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 am

How is it taken from the Club. The club's didn't have the money in the first place. If I want to fund raise for cancer charities, is that taking money from St Vincent de paul. No, it's not. If a local soccer or rugby club fund raises, is that taking money from each other. No it's not, because they didn't have it in the first place to be taken from them

fone, you seem to have this idea that Clubs have first call on all money in the County. You only get what you work for. If the players work for it and fund raise themselves for it then it's their money, it was never the Clubs. If the Clubs want money they have to work for it as well. In today's world you get nothing handed to you.

Put it this way if a player has contacts in the racing or business worlds or raises money at work. Is that the Clubs money as well. What if he raises money ouside the County, is that the clubs. What if some one who wouldn't know Croke Park from Croke Patrick and have no affiliation to the GAA gave them some funds would the club have claim over that.

Come into the real world fone, when I see Players busting their balls to raise cash, I don't think that's our money you are stealing it. I think fair dues for making the effort I hope you benefit from it.

Last edited by Rex on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:27 am

Rex wrote:

fone, you seem to have this idea that Clubs have first call on all money in the County
without the clubs their no county team . well what do county teams need weekends away to bond , overnights stay in hotels night before matches and all backroom staff they have ,
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:38 am

What's your point fone. First it's the Players raising their own money you don't agree with, now it's over night stays and backroom staff.

But to answer your question, they need those things to help increase their chances of winning things.

Does your club have physios and other ancillary staff fone. I bet they do. What does your club need those for.

Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:31 am

Good replies rex, fone appears to be jealous of the funds that county players raise for their own costs.fone comes back running to this forum with tit bits from county board. Me thinks he has another agenda. Please look at the heading of this post fone and see that it does not have anything to do about taking away funds from clubs. I would recomend that you go back to the CB and ask them to raise their own funds through fundraising and stop complaining of the good work of those contributing to their own costs.Good on the players and the supporters club , at least their doing something.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:09 am

Gaffer
Ur comment

The senior team are heavly involved in funding themselves , Juniors do something and the ladies football also

Just to be clear Kildare Ladies Football is totally seperate from Kildare GAA County Board and do not get any money from KIldare GAA or the Supporters Club and yes the Ladies Footballers, Senior, Minor, Under 16, Under 14 and Under 12 have all done fund raising in the past ( I cant confirm if they did in the last year but I'd be prety sure they did).

I see ur referring to the County Board as "them". I said earlier ur Club, as all clubs, has at least one member on the County Board. So have u put ur prosposal to that person ???????????
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 am

Kelf have I touched a nerf ?

In your early reply to this post, you said stewards dont get paid for matches , which they do. It is fact not fiction. I didnt see any responce from you on that ?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:09 am

Gaffer
I'll ask again since you didn't answer the first time.

How much do stewards get paid?

How much per mile do CB members get paid?

Was anyone reading Pat Spillane's column in the Sunday World, like him or loathe him the man tells the truth! The GAA needs to get their act together quick before it goes to far!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 am

I'm still waiting fone. You were eager enough to jump into the debate so how about answer to my question.
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 am

Taibi wrote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kelf is right, stewards don't get paid.

I'm sure the hurlers are involved in funraisers?

What milage rate are CB members getting?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taibi wrote again
......................................................................................................
How much do stewards get paid?

How much per mile do CB members get paid
.............................................................................................................

As Pat Spillane would say, you need to get your act together

If you read the replies, you might find an answer to your question.
The idea of this post was to create a debate with kildare fans coming up with ideas to reduce the debt, but sadly Tabi you have missed the point. The only answer I can give you is to tell you that their is a TV programme called Questions & Answers

I am off to bed , time to put the cat out Smile
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:30 am

Gaffer I don't know what planet your from, but I can say for fact that stewards DON'T get paid. I know this because my club has regularly provided them for games and I myself have stewarded on occasion.

Now getting back to the heading of this thread it should read how are we going to reduce the debt There is no doubt that costs have to be trimmed, but I believe we need to look at ways to raise the revenue NEEDED, austerity does not work. The easiest way of doing this is through the Kildare Supporters Club, the more money they raise the less of a draw on county board funds.

I agree with Kelf, when you refer to county board as them you are ignoring the fact that its the clubs delegates who are the county board and its them who make the decisions.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:41 am

Well siad Ballyboy.

Even Croke Park stewards dont get paid. They get an apple, packet of crips and a drink and they travel from all over the country to do a great volunteer job !!!!!!

Yes Gaffer, u hit a nerve. I abhor falsehoods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and will challenge them as Ballyboy will verify !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Sorry to hear you are not getting the apple and the crisps, Question for you experts ?
Why do you have to pay for stewerds when you want to arrange a game in newbridge.
Differnent strokes for different folks ?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:42 pm

The easiest way to raise the extra revenue is by supporters backing the club kildare draw, you'l get 40,000 plus looking for big match tickets yet how many are willing to fork out 20 euro for the draw? an extra 10,000 sold fixes the problem and in fairness I'd say a lot of people are unaware it exists
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:25 pm

A lot going on here lads and lassies.

The debt problem is serious. WE all know the clubs are under pressure as it is to run themselves. And although there wil be loads of ideas there is bound to be one that will hit the club for more money in some way.

As far as I am aware the stewards don't get paid. I have done it myself.

On teh kildare players and raising their own hoilday money. That is true but let me say this. It is encouraged that the players club support him and run something to take in some money for these funds. Even thought the player is looking for the money himself teh club is EXPECTED to contribute in some form. FACT. So the clubs are getting hit.

I have 1 question.
I hvae been told there will be a trinaing/players fund for this year.
Each player must give up to €2000 towards thsi fund.

Is this true?
What is the money being used for?
Its a lot of cash considering the players are getting travelling expenses etc already.

And no smart answers polease. We know they are going on a holiday or weekend away etc. But a possible 40 players at €2000 each is €80000. ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Botch
Where are your ideas ?
All I see is questions and more questions, your COMPLAINING instead of coming up with ideas.

This topic clearly says How will county board reduce debth ?

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Gaffer wrote:
Botch
Where are your ideas ?
All I see is questions and more questions, your COMPLAINING instead of coming up with ideas.

This topic clearly says How will county board reduce debth ?

True I did not give any ideas btu the cb have a number of things in the pipeline so they ain't going to take my ideas.

Only 2 ways to solve this but Mcgeeny ain't goign to like it.

1: Reduce the spend on the county senior team including the 'Expenses' the geezer gets. There is a huge secretcy surroundign "Team Expenses', This needs to be reduced. Nothing against teh Geezer. I am his biggest fan but we jsut dont have the money.

2: Take money money in. And in these times its extremely difficult to do that. The cb have however succeeded in doing this as read from the projected figures fro 2012.

These are very basic but poiunt one definitley need to be done. WE cannot keep spending the way we are. Its out of Control

Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:11 am

I thinks its funny the Kildare people they have quoting in the piece. Its not the first time Kildare GAA has been in debt and it won't be the last.

Whats even funnier is the Meath model doesn't have dressing rooms or showers.................. paper never refuses ink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 am

Last edited by fionnmccool on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How will county board reduce debt ?
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next