Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How will county board reduce debt ?

Go down 
+50
Athyman
ChopperDalton
lilly-exile
midfieldmaestro
ohluckyme
Cassanata
murof
tomcruise
peile
Dual
lastline
steviegenius
Ohtoohtobe
SamMaguire
Sam1928
Could'nt Trap Cement
Highball
milltownmary
ndog
stanley
SeeTheStars
Come on the Boys in Blue
Lily2016
BelieveToAchieve
jafm
kickingking
fargo
analysis
Loads of Pints
Big Full Back
rgb
wingback
TommyKeegan
Ogie
jj
Frankel
if_in_doubt
jim
Fear An Geata
centreback
Stonecold
Botch
lillyboy
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
fanofkildare
Taibi
kelf
Gaffer
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:28 pm

We could start like I think it's Carlow... Not employ a full time Secretary... Start at the top and work down...

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:51 pm

I see Galway who bought land for a center of excellence for wait for it.... €2.8 million, are now not going ahead with it meaning a loss if the land is sold a current market prices of €2 million and a further €500,000 in interest. Another County that makes our problem look like small change. Not a word in the Independent about them though. Between themselves and Mayo the west is up a creek and no paddles are in sight.

Tommy Callaghan was right in his piece in the Leader this week, there seems to be a orchestrated attempt inside and outside the County to unsettle Kildare.
Throw in the Presidents accusations regarding the former Chairman and also Club Kildare whom without, this County would still be a laughing stock and it really is a wonder how we manage to get anything done. It's shameful really Kildare people stabbing the the County in the back.

You know who you are.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Never said we were going to go bankrupt Fionn. Made it clear it was nothing to do with Kildare but given the topic was on finances, was just wondering what would happen if any county said we can't pay back loans because I presumed the GAA would rescue them and would open up very interesting time in Gaelic games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Quote :

Something tells me that this whole story is being put out there by some individuals who are not happy with the current administration and this is certainly a stick to beat them with.

I said it on Monday Rex. Its shameful to be honest.

These lads know who they are themselves.

A question I would like to ask is about County Convention.
When the previous Chairman P.Ashe resigned, he stated personal reasons were the reason behind him resigning.
On Ashe's resignation Seamus Aldridge claimed at County Convention that

"It was put out that he resigned for personal grounds and that was what he wanted put out but we all know why".

No Seamus, we actually dont know why Ashe resigned other than the reason Ashe gave himself.

So would you like to clarify the situation or would P.Ashe like to clarify the situation for us?

How can baseless claims like this be made at a County Convention with no one pulling Aldridge up on it or asking for some sort of evidence for his claims?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Wasn't it that he felt an undermining of his role as chairman of the County Board by the intercounty manager? McGeeney was getting his way with players and when they could play whereas the clubs and Ashe weren't, therefore he felt he couldn't do his job?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Wasn't it that he felt an undermining of his role as chairman of the County Board by the intercounty manager? McGeeney was getting his way with players and when they could play whereas the clubs and Ashe weren't, therefore he felt he couldn't do his job?

If this was the case TK its obvious to me that he should never have been Chairman in the first place and he done us all a favour by resigning.

But McGeeney has already rubbished these claims.

I believe either Seamus Aldridge or P.Ashe should come out and clarify the situation or would they both prefer to continue scoring points against Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:16 pm

why exactly should this be made public? If a CEO of a company resigns for personal reasons, do you feel it is necessary for those reasons be made public to the employees?

Similarly, Mr Aldridge is in the wrong for bringing up something that is in the past and irrelevant

its typical for the GAA, full of nosey outspoken oul women who love a bit of shcandal.

now back to the crippling debt issue....
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Because a company is private and this is a sporting organisation funded by members who deserve to know what is going on when people they elect to the top quit amidst rumours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Well if it is private P.Ashe needs to come and state that he doesn't know what Aldridge is talking about.

Like wise if its not private well then it needs to become public as to the true reason and Adridge needs to back up his story.

If I made an accusation that TK was a cross dresser during his leisure time, I'm sure I would be asked to provide evidence of such a claim.

In a company situation if a CEO was resigning I would imagine shareholders would be well within their rights to demand a reason why he was resigning. But this isn't a company situation therefore we cannot compare the 2.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:00 pm

i missed what aldridge said, what did he say?
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 pm

McHale Park repayments set to increase
14 December 2011

McHale Park Castlebar
The Mayo County Board are faced with the prospect of increased repayments for redevelopment work on McHale Park.

That was the news emanating from the county convention at Geesala last weekend. Already the board pays €400,000 per year for redevelopment work and depending on a restructuring plan on the loan that amount could increase.

However, county board chairman Paddy McNicholas stressed that they were unsure what the repayments would be as it was waiting to hear from Croke Park and the Ulster bank over the restructuring plan.

well if we are in trouble mayo are up sh**e creek altogether
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:22 pm

fat full forward wrote:
i missed what aldridge said, what did he say?

from http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/

Ashe declared that he was calling it quits for personal reasons, but Aldridge, who famously refereed the 1978 All-Ireland football final and penalised Paddy Cullen for the free that led to Kerry’s Mikey Sheehy chipping the Dublin goalkeeper for a goal, suggested that this was a cover.
“It was put out that he resigned for personal grounds and that was what he wanted put out but we all know why” said Aldridge.
“He identified serious problems and I’m sorry to say, he didn’t seem to have the support of his fellow officers on the county board.”
McMahon rejected Aldridge’s claim however.
“I know what was said, as do all of my officers” said McMahon. “Padraig Ashe told us it was for family and personal reasons and every one of us asked him to stay.”
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:30 pm

[quote="fionnmccool"]
Quote :

A question I would like to ask is about County Convention.
When the previous Chairman P.Ashe resigned, he stated personal reasons were the reason behind him resigning.
On Ashe's resignation Seamus Aldridge claimed at County Convention that

"It was put out that he resigned for personal grounds and that was what he wanted put out but we all know why".

No Seamus, we actually dont know why Ashe resigned other than the reason Ashe gave himself.

So would you like to clarify the situation or would P.Ashe like to clarify the situation for us?

How can baseless claims like this be made at a County Convention with no one pulling Aldridge up on it or asking for some sort of evidence for his claims?

Aldridge was very swiftly pulled up on it by mcmahon, shame on aldridge bringing up these issues when ashe has stated personal reasons for resigning. Sh** stirring!

It was an open and honest convention and well hosted, We are all kildare people who want the best for the county and I for one am excited about 2012 and felt positive leaving the convention on saturday night. Yes, we are in serious financial trouble, but what can we do except continue to support our clubs and county and hope that many of the fundraising initiatives planned for 2012 work out and lead to succes on the field of play...........I don't think we'd be as worried about finance if we had a piece of silverware in the cabinet, with a bit of luck we will have in 2012.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Because a company is private and this is a sporting organisation funded by members who deserve to know what is going on when people they elect to the top quit amidst rumours.

Not necessarily.

I am just curious to know why you are so miffed by Mr. Ashe's resignation. Do you feel aggrieved that you arent in on the gossip from the county board?

A resignation for 'personal reasons' should not be scrutinised and ridiculed in public. If the shoe was on the other foot i'd be interested to see you reactions TK.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:39 pm

I agree with Tommy Cal ---------------

"nosey outspoken oul women who love a bit of shcandal." should put up or shut it !!!!!

I suppose saying something contraversial at Convention, again, seems to be to get a name in the papers when its a name that's seldom heard nowadays !!!!!!!

Kildare folk should now be getting on with what's needed to win a few Leinstersin 2012 ( Minor, Under 21, Junior or Senior, any 2 would do for now !!!!) and I wish all the teams well (except in the games v Offaly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Loads of Pints wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

Not necessarily.

I am just curious to know why you are so miffed by Mr. Ashe's resignation. Do you feel aggrieved that you arent in on the gossip from the county board?

A resignation for 'personal reasons' should not be scrutinised and ridiculed in public. If the shoe was on the other foot i'd be interested to see you reactions TK.

If fairness LoP this bus was well and truly parked until Mr Aldridge brought it up at the Convention.

Now he made a very wild claim that everyone knows that the real reason why P.Ashe resigned.

In my opinion its not unfair to call on either P.Ashe or Aldridge to clarify the situation as the can of worms has been reopened and is being used as a stick to beat the current administration set up in Kildare and also the Senior Management set up.

P.Ashe is no coming out of this covered in glory at the moment as Aldridge is more or less calling his press release regarding his resignation lies.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:33 pm

I dont know if thats how everyone would read it Fionn he obviously has a certain code of omerta which goes with that territory that he didnt break. I think Aldridges aim was to Place Ashe as the man of principle who could foresee events unfolding as they did (not exactly crystal ball territory) if you were privy to some financial figures past and projected at the time of his resignation.Whether you could place much regard on any of them Ashe , or Aldridge is the next question because Ashe would also have signed off on the 2010 projections and outlay anyway.But for me theres a whole bubble scenario going on at the top table with plenty of "we are where we are " being mentioned and talk of 1000 x 1000Euro donations going on .To get the clubs onside there has to be much more tranparency and pragmatism in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Whatever his real thoughts, he said publicly it was for personal reasons. Why bring it up now. There must have been plenty of meetings between then and this point.
Aldridge has come out of it looking very poor in my view.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 pm

I see on the back page of today's Indo that Leinster Council Chairman Martin Skelly says that neither them nor Croke Park will be bailing out Counties or Clubs that get themselves into trouble and it's up to the individual units to sort out their own affairs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm

fargo wrote:
I dont know if thats how everyone would read it Fionn he obviously has a certain code of omerta which goes with that territory that he didnt break. I think Aldridges aim was to Place Ashe as the man of principle who could foresee events unfolding as they did (not exactly crystal ball territory) if you were privy to some financial figures past and projected at the time of his resignation.Whether you could place much regard on any of them Ashe , or Aldridge is the next question because Ashe would also have signed off on the 2010 projections and outlay anyway.But for me theres a whole bubble scenario going on at the top table with plenty of "we are where we are " being mentioned and talk of 1000 x 1000Euro donations going on .To get the clubs onside there has to be much more tranparency and pragmatism in my opinion.

There needs to be far more transparency regardless fargo. Its all very easy for Aldridge or indeed Ashe to be on the outside looking in now and being critical of the situation. In truth we are where we are and only ourselves will get us out of the hole.

The idea of 1,000 donations of €1,000 is in my opinion a great idea. I would presume anyone who would like to donate more if they can would.
If I was in a position where €1,000 was no issue to me, would I donate to Kildare GAA, of course I would. Unfortunately I'm broke like most people.

They have been nothing but pro active in addressing the situation fargo, wouldn't that be fair to say?

The biggest change for me is that the day of electing a great clubman or great servant of GAA for Chairman and Treasurer has gone out the window.
We need people who have good business brains on their heads as it now no different to running a business with the sort of figures being talked about.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:02 pm

But thats precisely the issue Fionn how many people actually have 1000 Euro or the colour of it to put into this no matter how staunch they are ?.Im not saying theyre not being pro active in their own way , but to be fair i have serious reservations as to how effective they can be and id be more disenchanted with their lack of prudence over the last few years ,and their ability to manage us out of it if im to br frank.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:22 pm

You don't know until you try. There are a lot of very rich people who follow Kildare, that €1000 would be no issue. They may ask for 1000 donations but if they got 200, then that's a sizeable chuck of the debt gone.
Was it not mentioned in the Leader that a "silent benefactor" came up to Marty McEvoy I think and "offered to write a cheque".

We have to make the effort as only ourselves are going to get us out of this.
Time to circle the wagons I think.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 pm

the board county in kildare in all poltics, they give their family members job their on match day and people still get in free into matches
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:36 pm

[quote="Rex"]What's your point fone. First it's the Players raising their own money you don't agree with, now it's over night stays and backroom staff.

But to answer your question, they need those things to help increase their chances of winning things ,Answer well would u say kerry and dublin in 70s had loads of money spent on them

Does your club have physios and other ancillary staff fone. I bet they Answer lucky to enough money for a good manager

AT end of day money do not sam maguire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:46 pm

[quote="fone"]
Rex wrote:
What's your point fone. First it's the Players raising their own money you don't agree with, now it's over night stays and backroom staff.

But to answer your question, they need those things to help increase their chances of winning things ,Answer well would u say kerry and dublin in 70s had loads of money spent on them

Does your club have physios and other ancillary staff fone. I bet they Answer lucky to enough money for a good manager

AT end of day money do not sam maguire

i'm not too sure what your trying to say here fone but surely your not comparing the level of preparation in the 1970's to the level of preparation now.

Money doesn't but you Sam Maguire but if you look at the spend of counties who come close to winning it and win it you'll find that they always have the highest spend on preparing intercounty teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How will county board reduce debt ?
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next