Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How will county board reduce debt ?

Go down 
+50
Athyman
ChopperDalton
lilly-exile
midfieldmaestro
ohluckyme
Cassanata
murof
tomcruise
peile
Dual
lastline
steviegenius
Ohtoohtobe
SamMaguire
Sam1928
Could'nt Trap Cement
Highball
milltownmary
ndog
stanley
SeeTheStars
Come on the Boys in Blue
Lily2016
BelieveToAchieve
jafm
kickingking
fargo
analysis
Loads of Pints
Big Full Back
rgb
wingback
TommyKeegan
Ogie
jj
Frankel
if_in_doubt
jim
Fear An Geata
centreback
Stonecold
Botch
lillyboy
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
fanofkildare
Taibi
kelf
Gaffer
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:23 am

Stonecold wrote:
Now what sort of event would get 30,000 people to part with €10 hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok now its bad I'm quoting myself, but the answer is students and teenagers have the disposable income I'm on about, we have a venue or venues now its about getting somebody or bodies to do the gig..........
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:43 am

Good idea by Marty McEvoy, I just wonder has he joined the thousandaire club himself?
It might encourage others to follow suit.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:01 pm

ohluckyme wrote:
Agree with the last two posts, we all know Marty McEvoy deserves credit for pursuing this dream !! but there are not as many punters around with a €1,000 to give away, and let's call a spade a spade that's all they are doing is giving it away.

People need to be assured that if there is a contribution made that they don't find themselves back in the same muck in another 12 months time.

A suggestion for what it is worth, why doesn't every club in the County over the next 12 months do some form of fundraising towards the debt, it would not be treated as a levy and all clubs would then feel they contributed in some way toward helping out, there are over 60 clubs and if over the 12 months each club raised just €1,000 it would make a serious contribution towards the debt, in return the County Board would give each club 10 tickets to Kildares home games in Div 1 League 2013 and the clubs could then raffle the tickets and get there contribution returned.

I am sure there are holes to be picked in this suggestion.

most clubs including my own are struggling financially and struggling to keep going themselves , its hard enough hitting up people to raise money for your own club let alone the county board, clubs have already been levied to pay for hawkfield.
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Seems to be quite a few ideas being mentioned like 'Thousandaire' to help reduce the debt. However, I presume the bigger problem is that we are continuing to spend more than we take in.

Very similar to the governement situation at the moment. The bank debt (could be Hawkfield in our case) is a major burden but if we don't balance spending and revenues then the problems get worse and we've no chance of paying off the debt.

One off revenue ideas are great but it's actually up to the county board to balance the spending. That's why I'd guess the auditor mentioned the spending on teams! I don't know all the figures but with such a fantastically well supported county this shouldn't be happening. We've over-stretched in some areas and we need to start cutting our cloth.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Is it time to look at a new sponsor for the county teams? I know Tegral have been wonderful supporters for Kildare since around 94 but they have been hard hit by the recession and haven't the financial power of a multinational like Vodafone. There are a number of major companies in Kildare like Intel, HP and Pfizer. Is there any chance of one of them being interested in getting involved? Just putting the idea out there to see what people think.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Stonecold wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

Ok now its bad I'm quoting myself, but the answer is students and teenagers have the disposable income I'm on about, we have a venue or venues now its about getting somebody or bodies to do the gig..........

You would basically need the performers to play free for something like this to realise any profit.

If you could pull that miracle off and have Christy Moore, Luka Bloom, Jack L, Damien Rice, King Modo, Super Extra Bonus Party and a load of other local bands at a big one day thing in Conleths for €20 or €30 a head...would you get 10,000 to 15,000????

You might ye know!!!...Sure Failte Ireland are throwing money at music festivals all over the place in recent years. There are some God awful festivals being run with terrible lineups virtually every weekend of the summer.
Could be worth a punt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:44 pm

murof wrote:
Is it time to look at a new sponsor for the county teams? I know Tegral have been wonderful supporters for Kildare since around 94 but they have been hard hit by the recession and haven't the financial power of a multinational like Vodafone. There are a number of major companies in Kildare like Intel, HP and Pfizer. Is there any chance of one of them being interested in getting involved? Just putting the idea out there to see what people think.

I asked earlier in the thread how much were Tegral adding to the pot on an annual basis.

I'm still waiting on an answer.

Kildare are not bad box office at the moment. We play attractive football and are always there or there about in the last 5 seasons. We get good coverage in the media be it good or bad.

There are many avenues that we could look for sponsorship, we don't have to concentrate only within Kildare.

Anyone know why the GAA shot down the idea of allowing more than one sponsor on a Jersey?

Given the current climate should all sponsorship not be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
Stonecold wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

You would basically need the performers to play free for something like this to realise any profit.

If you could pull that miracle off and have Christy Moore, Luka Bloom, Jack L, Damien Rice, King Modo, Super Extra Bonus Party and a load of other local bands at a big one day thing in Conleths for €20 or €30 a head...would you get 10,000 to 15,000????

You might ye know!!!...Sure Failte Ireland are throwing money at music festivals all over the place in recent years. There are some God awful festivals being run with terrible lineups virtually every weekend of the summer.
Could be worth a punt.

Now yer talkin, shur didn't Bob Geldof do something similar with a hard neck
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 pm

when i go to newbridge, theres very little pitchside advertising there. some have been painted on the wall for years. not sure if some of these are even paid for or have just been left there.
considering the amount of games played there then surely a lot more effort could be put in to maximise revenue here.

that gig in conleths is a great idea. theres no oxegen this year so theres a massive gap in the market. curragh racecourse would be a good venue too. also, why dont we do a horse racing night. could have jockeys dressed in club colours to generate the rivalry and craic. kildare is the home of irish racing yet theres no direct link between it and the gaa.

theres loads more the county board could do but dont seem to have the 'get up and go' attitude that is needed
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:58 pm

End of the day we need a big name sponsor like Vodafone,02 or the likes if we are to compete. The Dubs even announced in November that Aer Lingus will be the official airline partner of Dublin GAA over the next three years. We are p*ssing against the wind.,this thousandaire thing is only a short term solution to get us out of this mess, a big sponsor is the way to go, plenty of big companies in Kildare, HP, Intel, Wyeth.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 am

Would be an interesting piece of journalistic work if someone compiled all 32 counties along with the value of their "main" sponsor. Would you be able to even get a truthful answer to that???

We should be benchmarking our sponsors against other counties at the very least to see where we stand. I like Fionn would be interested to know how much Tegral put in as part of our overall sponsor package.

Very good point about the advertising around Conleths. It has barely changed that much in the last 10 years or even 20 years!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:17 am

I see Breheny has a sequel out about Kildare today. Must be writing a trilogy at this rate, he'll have more articles on Kildare than Policy Academy films.

No agenda in the GAA that I can see.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:36 am

Very good points about Tegral. They have been with us through good times and bad but i wonder are we doing ourselves justice in terms of sponsorship compared with other top team.

Dublin: Vodafone
Kerry: Kerry Group
Cork: o2
Tyrone: Rocwell

I would imagine we pale in comparison.. Would there be a case for another sponsor for away jerseys/training tops or something like that. Just an idea..
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:55 am

Maybe look at the National stud or the Curragh Racecourse, perhaps a syndicate of companies associated with the horse racing/breeding industry in Kildare might be interested in sponsorship.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:50 am

What about a Christy Moore concert on the Curragh of Kildare ?
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:50 am

What about a Christy Moore concert on the Curragh of Kildare ?
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:04 am

stanley wrote:
Maybe look at the National stud or the Curragh Racecourse, perhaps a syndicate of companies associated with the horse racing/breeding industry in Kildare might be interested in sponsorship.

Not for the next few years at least. The racing and breeding industry is in bad shape.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:49 am

I find it incredible that the County Board don't run a weekly lotto like plenty of other counties do. Kerry's one is very successful by all accounts and it is run through their website. No reason why something similar couldn't be done here in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
fanofkildare
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:42 am

Co board tried to have their own ongoing fundraisers a few years back but were shot down by Club Kildare. We cannot have two fundraising vehicles going on. Hawkfield is a capital spend and as such will always be there. It's the current spending where the problem lays. The expenses of some aspects of team preparation belong to the days of the Celtic Tiger economy and have to be reined in.
Back to top Go down
fanofkildare
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 am

PS. I honestly believe that Mr. McEvoy has good intentions but where will he get 300 people to fork out €1000 a head.. if there's any left over then can throw it this way
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 am

We need to look for another big sponsor , tegral could sponsor other aspects of Kildare football, big multinational companies like intel have huge marketing and advertising budgets, we should get a business plan together and present to these multi nationals, cb cannot ignore this situation we need to have a 5 year plan , I do not mind getting involved Smile

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:16 am

There is plenty of money about if you look in the right places. The days of people flaunting their money are gone but it does not mean that they don't have any. Kildare is a populous County, we have near a quarter of a million people living in our borders. Many are very successful people in all walks of life. If the right people are tapped a €1000 each would be pocket money. Finding the 300 is the problem, not getting the money.

So if you are one of the 300, are reading this and have a €1000 or so contact Marty McEvoy at Kildare GAA towers and make a friend for life.
I am not on Twitter but I hear about terms trending. What about #findthe300

There was another thread a while back on this same issue and the idea of some music concert was raised. Goffs was mentioned as a good place to stage an intimate concert of Kildare musicans. Some place to hear an unplugged session. Stage in the center, audience close by and intimate surroundings. With a bit of organising it could run for a two or three nights. Money maker if done right.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:40 am

they could auction off the naming rights to conleths park..they mite get a tener for it
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:42 am

You can only imagine my disappointment after I went out to buy the Indo today, only to find that my letter had not been deemed worthy enough of being put to print in the Comments section of the paper.

Moving on, the Dubs have Vodafone, Adidas sponsor their training gear, Deep RiverRock are their official water supplier and Aer Lingus are their official airline / partner. Each a massive international company (Deep RiverRock being owned by Coca Cola).

Nobody can compete with this, least of all Tegral; who are now also appearing on the hurlers jerseys this year, what happened to Kildare at a Click? What is there to stop us going after a sponsor for our training gear? Or for finding different sponsors for the underage and development squads?

In terms of publicity and media coverage there's very few other counties out there who generate more interest than us. We've had three matches shown live on tv already this year, two shown with full deferred coverage and one further live game to come in the league final. That'll be six matches on tv before the championship starts. There's the potential there for some serious brand promotion, both for a sponsor and for Kildare GAA.

Great a supporter and sponsor as they have been, surely there is somebody out there somewhere in the county with a decent connection to a bigger brand. Intel and Hewlett Packard are the obvious ones, but there's nothing wrong with thinking further afield. There's money out there, we just need to find out where it is and get the right person to exploit it.

The Celine Byrne concert back before Christmas was a very good idea, something that would have gotten into the pockets of those who would not usually support Kildare GAA. More events along that sort of line could go a long way to addressing the financial problem we have.

Even Longford have just announced that their annual race day has raised over a milliion Euro in profit over the last nine years (link). Serious money for a county of that size to raise, and not one that you would consider to have any sort of a strong horse racing tradition. Fair enough there's been Club Kildare Race Days in the past but have they come anywhere close to raising that sort of money?
Back to top Go down
fanofkildare
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:27 am

Admin... please alter the heading of this. its bugging me. outsiders would think that we can't spell in Kildaer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How will county board reduce debt ?
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next