Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How will county board reduce debt ?

Go down 
+50
Athyman
ChopperDalton
lilly-exile
midfieldmaestro
ohluckyme
Cassanata
murof
tomcruise
peile
Dual
lastline
steviegenius
Ohtoohtobe
SamMaguire
Sam1928
Could'nt Trap Cement
Highball
milltownmary
ndog
stanley
SeeTheStars
Come on the Boys in Blue
Lily2016
BelieveToAchieve
jafm
kickingking
fargo
analysis
Loads of Pints
Big Full Back
rgb
wingback
TommyKeegan
Ogie
jj
Frankel
if_in_doubt
jim
Fear An Geata
centreback
Stonecold
Botch
lillyboy
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
fanofkildare
Taibi
kelf
Gaffer
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:22 am

This is not the best time to try raising money lads, there are so many people up to their eyeballs in debt themselves, that they just can't afford to help out the county team.
I was talking to one of the girls who works in the local supermarket, and she was saying, people are looking for credit there to buy basic foodstuffs, after spending all they had, to give the kids a decent Christmas.
Maybe the county board should organise a give what you can afford bucket collection at the matches, organise a few volunteers to collect in the towns on a saturday night or after mass on a sunday.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Thats one thing stanley the big multi nationals won't do, God be with the days of the local shop/drapers/butchers and most pubs, they all had a slate, they will be sorely missed

I might not be a bad idea at all to do a bucket collection at the venues you mention, it would also be a way of reconnecting with the ordinary punter, something I feel was lost.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Agree there Ballyboy, the team represents all the people of the county, not just those of us who stand on the terraces at the league matches, fanatically freezing in our support. We all know people who fly their flags and listen to the games or the radio, watch the games on tv at home or in their local watering hole. They support in their own way, and I am sure they would be willing to donate something to the cause.
I have to say, there have been some great ideas for fund raising on this thread. Hopefully some of the powers that be, will put some of them into action.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:35 pm

I think with Oxegen on hold in 2012 , theres a massive Fundraising Opening awaiting to be snatched up , Naas & surrounding County areas have already lost out in this respect Yes , All is not lost if clever heads act upon it now its a date in the calander idiol , Hmmm where in the county could the kildare Gaa run a small shin dig , in a confined/enclosed venue that can be upgraded temporaily and most probably will be idiol during the summer Rolling Eyes , a nice little earner , get some celebs of kildare and beyond to play a benefit gig for the kildare county gaa teams , with the backing from all good kildare gaa loving folk and there county clubs members who would be willing to give a little more if possible of there already stretched time , manpower wouldnt be a problem , maybe it a far fetched idea , but if the willingness and ambition is there , anything is possible Rolling Eyes it wouldn't take much doing if there were many hands working on various aspects in organisational matters , the gardai are well versed (oxegen), Shops Hotels BBs Bars around the county would be glad of the already tight business revenue for 2012 , at that time of the year , if everyone bought into it , for the sake of Kildare Gaa Future , its a sacrifice gladly bourne for one year !! All from a Dub Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:04 pm

vodafone2012 inteligent thinking, great idea.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:26 am

Some interesting comments here from Mark Conway about Club Tyrone, who have raised a million pounds sterling in the last three years. You'd like to be able to replicate that!

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=1611
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:32 am

I doubt they have to deal with the nonsense such as this years CB meeting where certain delegates were sticking the knife in.

They see it as a way to have their County compete with the best and to provide monies to all levels of the game so to benefit all. A lot in this County see it as a burden and another hassle to put up with to being down right against and suspicious of it.

If Mark Conway came to run Club Kildare I would bet he would not last a month as he
would be sick of the negativity towards it.

“The only thing we promise our people is an intangible and very priceless thing called ‘feelgood’. The GAA in Tyrone is doing phenomenal good for the wider society of Tyrone and has been doing it for over 100 years. It delivers on all sorts of levels.
“It delivers in terms of county teams but that’s only part of it” Conway explains. “It delivers in terms of Scór, community development, gender equality.
“We then go and lay that in front of people and say ‘will you help us take that further forward?’ People say ‘yes, we will’. It’s no difficult or complicated as that.
“We in the GAA fall into the trap of thinking that because we know something, therefore everybody must know it. But of course they don’t. They’ll know it if we tell them. That’s something in the GAA we have not been good at.

Say that down here and you'll be laughed at and instead of realising it can help all members and corners of the game, certain sections of this County are feeding stories to the national press, looking to inspect the accounts, more control and to STOP fundraising as much.

If it wasn't so ridiculous it would be funny.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:46 am

Club Tyrone support gender equality.

That would put further pressure on Club KIldare who dont support Ladies Football.
But then they have enough to do to fund GAA Teams and I'll still buy the tickets and also the Ladies Football tickets !!!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:08 am

Rex wrote:
I doubt they have to deal with the nonsense such as this years CB meeting where certain delegates were sticking the knife in.

They see it as a way to have their County compete with the best and to provide monies to all levels of the game so to benefit all. A lot in this County see it as a burden and another hassle to put up with to being down right against and suspicious of it.

If Mark Conway came to run Club Kildare I would bet he would not last a month as he
would be sick of the negativity towards it.

“The only thing we promise our people is an intangible and very priceless thing called ‘feelgood’. The GAA in Tyrone is doing phenomenal good for the wider society of Tyrone and has been doing it for over 100 years. It delivers on all sorts of levels.
“It delivers in terms of county teams but that’s only part of it” Conway explains. “It delivers in terms of Scór, community development, gender equality.
“We then go and lay that in front of people and say ‘will you help us take that further forward?’ People say ‘yes, we will’. It’s no difficult or complicated as that.
“We in the GAA fall into the trap of thinking that because we know something, therefore everybody must know it. But of course they don’t. They’ll know it if we tell them. That’s something in the GAA we have not been good at.

Say that down here and you'll be laughed at and instead of realising it can help all members and corners of the game, certain sections of this County are feeding stories to the national press, looking to inspect the accounts, more control and to STOP fundraising as much.

If it wasn't so ridiculous it would be funny.

Just to add, members of Club Tyrone pay £500 without even having the guarantee of a ticket. It's amazing stuff.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Harking back to the OP's original question, Kerry run a weekly "Kerry Teams Lotto" similar to a local club lotto draw that can be played online through their website: http://www.locallotto.ie/localhome.asp?LL_ID=368

No reason why we couldn't have a similar setup. I'm not aware of any lotto operating for the Kildare teams but if there is why isn't it as well publicised or accesible as the Kerry version? It's one of the first things you'd notice when you load up their homepage. There's also a link to an official Kerry GAA online shop which is something that has been suggested previously here.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:48 pm

kickingking wrote:
Harking back to the OP's original question, Kerry run a weekly "Kerry Teams Lotto" similar to a local club lotto draw that can be played online through their website: http://www.locallotto.ie/localhome.asp?LL_ID=368

No reason why we couldn't have a similar setup. I'm not aware of any lotto operating for the Kildare teams but if there is why isn't it as well publicised or accesible as the Kerry version? It's one of the first things you'd notice when you load up their homepage. There's also a link to an official Kerry GAA online shop which is something that has been suggested previously here.

Too many clubs have their own lotto or are tied in with other groups or organisation's.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 am

Almost, if not, all clubs have Lotto but so do many counties (even the Biffos !!) and since its web based its handier to participate in and to run.

Why not Kildare as well ????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:22 am

A web based lotto would cost nothing to run, no printing of tickets and no going through tickets to find a winner.

People who do it can sign up to have their account/card debited with a certain amount every week on a continuous basis.

It's a great idea and should be followed up in my opinion. What about people who have no affiliation to clubs who follow Kildare? I know plenty and they would support it.
Could be very successful if managed correctly and would be a great way for capturing data like contact info and addresses for marketing Kildare GAA and raising further money through arranged nights ect.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:51 am

well said Fionn, loads of good will out there it just needs to be harnessed
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:52 am

Big Full Back wrote:
kickingking wrote:

Too many clubs have their own lotto or are tied in with other groups or organisation's.

I'm sure every club in Kerry has their own lotto too and yet they can run a lotto for their county teams. Too many people within Kildare GAA are too busy whinging and looking for others to blame instead of getting up off their holes and coming up with solutions.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:25 pm

See in the Independent today, Colm Keys writes that only Westmeath (€248,172) had a higher deficit than Kildare (€227,823). Marked contrast with Cork (€492,309) and Tyrone (€471,240) in profit....
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 pm

I see the Raheens Draw was shot down by the majority of clubs at the CB meeting. I can't say I am surprised.
Back to top Go down
ndog
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:54 am

I was wondering what was the raheens draw idea botch?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 pm

They have a great idea down in Wexford where each player on their hurling panel can be sponsored by a local business or individual for €500 to help cover their training gear, helmets, hurls etc.

http://www.enniscorthyguardian.ie/sport/hurling/get-closer-to-the-panel-by-sponsoring-a-hurler-3026148.html

No reason why something similar couldn't be done in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Kildare do have a players "fund" as far as I know and its up to the players to get the money or their clubs to organise something to get the money.
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:24 am

I dont know how much profit is in it, but why dont Kildare gaa sell Easter eggs like the utd celtic and liverpool ones I see in the shops. The company that make the Jedward eggs are kildare based surely they could help produce them. if they sold 5000 eggs x 2euro profit = 10,000euro,I know its not huge but it could be an annual income
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:44 am

Simple idea but a good one Mary. Hate that pair of clowns tho, the most talentless pair of twats ever to come off this island....
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:21 pm

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Simple idea but a good one Mary. Hate that pair of clowns tho, the most talentless pair of twats ever to come off this island....

Talented at making money though, fair play to them
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Good idea Mary, its the simple ones that are often the best.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 am

GAA in €300,000 bailout for Kildare according to tomorrow's indo...............

Pints for all Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How will county board reduce debt ?
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next