Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How will county board reduce debt ?

Go down 
+50
Athyman
ChopperDalton
lilly-exile
midfieldmaestro
ohluckyme
Cassanata
murof
tomcruise
peile
Dual
lastline
steviegenius
Ohtoohtobe
SamMaguire
Sam1928
Could'nt Trap Cement
Highball
milltownmary
ndog
stanley
SeeTheStars
Come on the Boys in Blue
Lily2016
BelieveToAchieve
jafm
kickingking
fargo
analysis
Loads of Pints
Big Full Back
rgb
wingback
TommyKeegan
Ogie
jj
Frankel
if_in_doubt
jim
Fear An Geata
centreback
Stonecold
Botch
lillyboy
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
fanofkildare
Taibi
kelf
Gaffer
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:23 am

[quote="fionnmccool"]
fone wrote:
Rex wrote:
What's your point fone. First it's the Players raising their own money you don't agree with, now it's over night stays and backroom staff.

But to answer your question, they need those things to help increase their chances of winning things ,Answer well would u say kerry and dublin in 70s had loads of money spent on them

Does your club have physios and other ancillary staff fone. I bet they Answer lucky to enough money for a good manager

AT end of day money do not sam maguire

i'm not too sure what your trying to say here fone but surely your not comparing the level of preparation in the 1970's to the level of preparation now.

Money doesn't but you Sam Maguire but if you look at the spend of counties who come close to winning it and win it you'll find that they always have the highest spend on preparing intercounty teams.

The Kerry team in the 70s and 80s were being bankrolled off the back of those Benedix washing machine adverts!
Back to top Go down
jafm
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Have been reading this thread with great interest & couldnt help thinking "have we all missed the big picture"

What steps have been taken to ensure that the debt doesnt rise any higher?

To that end if there is no transperency as to how it arose in the first place, then how do you expect Kildare supporters to put there hands in their pockets and keep funding whats going on.

For me & im probably alone here, its about knowing what its costing & then judging if im getting "value for money" or to put it another way how much are Kildare supporters prepared to pay/fund to win an All Ireland and do you think its worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:40 pm

I think an All Ireland is worth around €1256.78 to be exact.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Jafm hits the nail on the head. It's not about the €250,000 this year, or the total cash deficit of more than €500,000 - it's about putting the structures in place to prevent that being €750,000 of a million next year, or €1m next year. That's what needs to be done, otherwise it'll be finger in the dam stuff. Fingers crossed they get it right because otherwise, we will be Mayo or Roscommon, without need for having spent outrageously on any fancy ground. I think Marty McEvoy is a good man to lead the committee though and he will work hard to get it right.
It's just a pity that this wasn't done 12 months ago when they publicly acknowledged a problem.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Whatever about or debt, thank heavens that no one has, a la Waterford, has suggested not swapping jerseys. Love some of these GAA committee men. "Lads, we are 210,000 in debt." "We could save about 200 quid by embarrassing our players?"

Waterford county board's financial situation is so dire that a call was made at last night's convention in Dungarvan for their inter-county players not to swap jerseys with opposing players after games.

Accounts showed that the board recorded a deficit of €210,000 to add to the €90,000 loss in the previous 12 months. County chairman Tom Cunningham warned delegates: "If this situation is to continue we will be left with an overall situation that would be beyond being rectified by this board.

"In this matter both the board and the clubs have a joint responsibility. And while I fully accept that the clubs themselves are currently virtually fighting for survival, it is still one on which they have a total obligation to the board to help to resolve."

Cunningham, who was returned unopposed, stressed that cost-cutting must come before success in 2012.

"For those counties who are at the top right now the situation has developed so professionally that cutbacks in our preparation can only lead to one thing - failure to make that all important breakthrough," he added.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:13 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Whatever about or debt, thank heavens that no one has, a la Waterford, has suggested not swapping jerseys. Love some of these GAA committee men. "Lads, we are 210,000 in debt." "We could save about 200 quid by embarrassing our players?"

Waterford county board's financial situation is so dire that a call was made at last night's convention in Dungarvan for their inter-county players not to swap jerseys with opposing players after games.

Accounts showed that the board recorded a deficit of €210,000 to add to the €90,000 loss in the previous 12 months. County chairman Tom Cunningham warned delegates: "If this situation is to continue we will be left with an overall situation that would be beyond being rectified by this board.

"In this matter both the board and the clubs have a joint responsibility. And while I fully accept that the clubs themselves are currently virtually fighting for survival, it is still one on which they have a total obligation to the board to help to resolve."

Cunningham, who was returned unopposed, stressed that cost-cutting must come before success in 2012.

"For those counties who are at the top right now the situation has developed so professionally that cutbacks in our preparation can only lead to one thing - failure to make that all important breakthrough," he added.

The bold bit in all of this is the key for me here.

Kildare are so very close to doing something special I can smell it.

The kind of thing that will give huge boost to future generations of young lads who dreams of being the next Johnny Doyle or Mick Foley.

And if some people at the Kildare Convention had their way and indeed on here we'd be in a situation where Club Kildare would be non existent and the work that Kieran McGeeney and development squads have done in the past 5 years would be replaced by us being also rans at every footballing grade AGAIN.

Some people have very short memories.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Sure didn't Richie Whelan do that with the Kildare lads a few years ago. Into the dressing room after a match & took the jerseys back from the lads. Thankfully he was outed and ousted - another guy who forgets the meaning of the word 'former'.
Himself & a couple of other former officers (chairman & treasurer) have no time
For Geezer and his style of football. They'll tell anybody that'll
listen to them how 'he needs to go' or 'that's not a Kildare style of football'.
Thankfully the majority of those who listen to them are old & hold little or
no sway. Frightening that there are still such blind
fools about!
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:30 pm

You could be right Fionn (and in fairness youve proved me wrong in the past), about Kildare being on the cusp ,im still a bit more cynical.If they do it will to an extent have justified the means, if they dont itll have been a true fools errand.This whole branding of anyone who dares question as being in some way backward, a la the drivel in the post following yours actually does the case for properly managed expenditure on top class preperation a disservice.It is possible to find an effective balance im sure.As for branding Aldridge a shit stirrer ,yeah probably but these figures have been requested at at least two county board meetings during the year and they havent been produced.Part of the trouble is the lack of financial information regularly being shared.So come convention time the stage is set large for Aldridge.And if im not mistaken he has been consistant over the last three conventions in saying we were overspending .
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:38 pm

reading the kildare post this week it said the team expenses will be linited to 600,000 euro next year from over 750.000 this year
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Tipp announced during the week deficits of €220,000 even after reducing their spending. Let no one think we are the only ones out there in a bit of difficulty.

While on the subject, great rebuke by Club Kildare in the Leader this week over the rubbish Independent article a while back and the histrionics at the Convention. They know who are causing the trouble. Interesting that they say that those who are having a go have never bought a Membership or a raffle ticket since it's inception. Backstabbers one and all.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Fair play to Pat Mangan.
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 am

How will county board reduce debth ?

Guys this is the heading of the post here, people are ignoring this or ranting on thier own personal agenda about their own intereste examples .... Rex about tipp ? what has that got to do with Kildare, Fone on about a free sheet called the post, wheres your ideas ?
A few others on about the convention, this has nothing to do with the question asked.
Bring ideas to the forum , if you want to discuss something else, set up your own post.

Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:08 pm

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/cooney-warns-stricken-boards-2969448.html

Good riddance to Mr Cooney, lest he forgets tax payers subsidised Croke Park and opening Croke Park to soccer & rugby also fattened the coffers. Plus I won't get into "the elephants thats in the room" that is FAS. It can't be one law for Croke Park and another law for the commoners........ our beloved leader.........
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Gaffer wrote:
How will county board reduce debth ?

Guys this is the heading of the post here, people are ignoring this or ranting on thier own personal agenda about their own intereste examples .... Rex about tipp ? what has that got to do with Kildare, Fone on about a free sheet called the post, wheres your ideas ?
A few others on about the convention, this has nothing to do with the question asked.
Bring ideas to the forum , if you want to discuss something else, set up your own post.

Bag packing - Dunnes Stores?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Cooney he's a one man comedy routine now. When's his time up.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Its a simple enough solution Gaffer, the people involved in Club Kildare/Supporters club will do all the spade work, all we have to do is support.There are 656 registered users on this forum, and lots of viewers, if everyone sold 10 tickets at 20 euro each it would raise approx 130000, Now that's easier said than done I know but lets start by everyone on here taking a book of supporter club tickets and selling them, small steps. If you want to get involved in some of the bigger things like Club Kildare membership then fair play, if we all do a little bit according to our means, it WILL go a long way.
Back to top Go down
Lily2016
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Fair point ballyboy Id love to know how many people on this form have attended a club Kildare event ( mantra night race day or Celine Byrne concert) this year. How many bought a t-shirt or how many bought a €20 raffle ticket???
We all need to rally behind club Kildare and support them.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:10 pm

I suspect geezersgirl, that there is quite a few on here who love to talk the talk and run down everything and then blame the CB/CK/SC for their own unwillingness to walk the walk and before anyone ask's I did take a book of tickets from my club to sell last year and will be doing it again this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,

To hell with it I'll take two, I'll double my efforts

Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Do you not think that people who are members of clubs here , are up to there eyes selling tickets to fund there own clubs debts & expenses for the coming year , €20 is a bit much considering clubs are finding it hard to sell tickets to fund there clubs in there own parish , some clubs have to help there county players raise money ,clubs with 4/5 players are crippled , I think the county board has to be more aware and tuffer on stupid spending cost on county teams and there activities , yes some activities are vital but some can and need to be curtailed , for the greater good of the county,

I know the response i will get , but we are very lucky we have a major sponsor in vodafone & aer lingus to fund our activities,

I am sorry to say tegral is not big enough financially to fund the county's activities , maybe some counties should be allowed multi sponsorships, like other sports , realistically its down to cutting your cloth to meet your measure, The commitment and passion is there in abundance from the players and supporters , but the finance is limited unfortunetly
Back to top Go down
Lily2016
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:21 am

It's limited because people don't support what's on offer. People on this forum complained in the past that club Kildare did nothing to interest the younger generation they put a night on in mantra and still wasn't good enough.
Celine Byrne hit a different target market.
The race day was well supported but I do believe could have been better.
I do agree clubs are finding things tough but to be honest I think any of the 3 above events didn't take anything away from clubs as if Kildare supporters wanted a day/night out they could go along and support.
In these recessionary times people and clubs are finding things hard. I have to praise club Kildare they have tried to incorporate events which people get something back. The race day was an enjoyable day out etc.,..
Before people ask I'll openly say I am a member of club Kildare and think the work they do is great,
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:44 pm

very true geezersgirl. Club Kildare are starting to think outside the box regarding the fundraising. Celine Byrne concert and Race day were great ideas and targeted a different audience to the normal funding sources that the clubs target.
I for one will be renewing my Club Kildare membership this year. One small criticism and I know its been raised before, is the club Kildare jacket. It's ok, however it could be better and I would imagine it would not appeal to a younger age group.
It's a thankless job raising money, its a crying shame that the National Lottery was abused by politicians to bolster sports clubs in their own constituencies, if it was administered properly it could be a tremendous source of funding for local GAA clubs, especially for Capital Projects.
Going back to the original point, how will Co Board reduce debt, I do feel that there needs to be a lot more transparency with accounts and expenditure. At the last County Board meeting before the convention it was stated that the Clubs would be given a full set of accounts showing income and expenditure. This never happened.
There has been mention of a lump sum levy on every club to clear the debt, in a lot of cases this could be the straw that broke the camels back.
One other point success brings success, for instance Dublin are charging between €1000 and €2000 to bring the Sam Maguire to a pub or commercial enterprise, if Kildare got the rub of the green this year with regard to the All Ireland it opens up huge commercial opportunities.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Isnt it funny how quick the worm has turned. Barely 12 months ago, Mr Ashe and his band of sympathisers were declaring all out war on this forum and its users. Not a good word to be said about it and all in their power was going to be done to shut us up and shut it down. Yet here we have the county board and club Kildare lackys coming posting begging messages to support them.

Its high time you people woke up and smelt the coffee. This country is in the depths of the worst recession in history. People are struggling to pay their mortgage and put food on the table. If the ordinary decent supporter can afford the inflated entry charges to GAA matches, he or she will pay it. If they can't, they will stay at home and watch it on tv or listen to the radio.
Events like race days in Naas or the Curragh, Opera nights in the K Club or €1000 tickets are not practical for the ordinary decent supporter. There was a time when a raffel could be run with tickets sold for €5 - even thats not good enough anymore. €20 is a lot of money for a lot of family people these days, why should anybody be made feel obliged to buy a ticket under the guise of 'being a proper supporter'?
Geezersgirl you say Club Kildare give something back to the supporters by holding a concert or a race day. Id like to know what they gave back?? You refer to "these recessionary times" - in truth, you and the rest of that lot couldn't give a shite.

You say local politicians 'abused' the National Lottery grants. You couldn't be more wrong. 90% of the clubs in this county made the most of those Lotto grants.And rightly so. Why shouldn't they? The clubs are the life blood of the GAA they are entitled to make the most of any capital grant applications.

Lump sum levy? The county boardshould be told in no uncertain terms to F**K RIGHT OFF. THEY over spent, THEY wasted the money and THEY failed to plan properly. Why should any club in this county be expected to pay for their mistakes?

I agree whole heartedly with Vodafone. If our sponsorship and already exhausted fundraising campaigns by players and Club Kildare cannot sustain a successful push for Sam or even a LEinster then its gone beyond a joke folks.
All Kildare supporters would like to see us win an All-Ireland, but it can't be at all costs. And there is no way any Club Kildare heads have the right to question Kildare supporters for not joining your elite club.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:00 pm

^^^ +1 Spot on!
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:04 am

Believetoachieve you have some good and some very extreme views there, and you appear to be having a go at anyone who does not share your opinions. Firstly I am not a KS lacky, I am just an ordinary decent Kildare supporter and take exception to your name calling. This recession has affect me as much as anyone so I don't need a lecture from you, I can smell the coffee all by myself.

I will draw your attention back to the last few lines of my previous post '' if we all do a little bit according to our means, it WILL go a long way'', now I don't think that's making demands of anyone.

Regarding your reference to the worm he has indeed turned on a number of occasions, one of the other charges levelled at our former chair was that he was penny pinching, it appears he was trying to trim costs, this did not go down well in here either. There are now a lot of additional costs associated with the senior set up which were never there before and they do need to be curtailed. Now I agree there needs to be transparency, but this is extremely difficult to do in Gaa for obvious reasons, I am sure being involved with your club you know what I am talking about.

I find it hard to believe that our club delegates who are the county board would contemplate levying their clubs, I know one thing for certain if our man came back having supported something like that he would have some explaining to do. I would suggest you make sure your delegate votes in accordance with the wishes of your club

I too am involved in fundraising for my club on a weekly basis and will continue to do my bit for my county which is small in comparison. I have had to miss match's due to the cost because my whole family follows Kildare and the cost is sometimes out of my reach, but if need be I will sit in front of the telly next summer and watch my county play for me in the championship. Any little bit I can do to help them in their efforts will be done with a heart and a half
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:58 pm

should have a online shop where people live home and abroad can buy kildare gaa sportswear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will county board reduce debt ?   How will county board reduce debt ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How will county board reduce debt ?
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next