Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-match preperation

Go down 
+22
Derfil
Always_White
jnrwhite
rgb
steviegenius
centreback
carburyman
gaaweb
bob12
Loads of Pints
shoutitout
wingback
tomcruise
Stonecold
hawker
walsheman
lilly-exile
Misneach
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
GaaHead
townendterrace
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 am

Up early Sunday morning have the breakfast. Get ready and walk down to be collected by the bus thats will be driven by a Meath man. Play the card game in between with the lads hopefully not lose my balls. Into the big tree or quinn have a good few start the banter, and then try my best as will a few others to snog a Down woman give her a taste of Kildare. Go to the game shout roar sing whatever has to be done to get the lads over the winning line. Back to quinn big tree where ever look for that Down woman again snog her again give her a taste of victory back on the bus stop about ten times for a piss back to the local for a quite one until the Sunday game start roaring singing again try my best to text that Down woman (drunken texts) then home hopefully with a smile on my face.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:31 am

Go out saturday night !!

Get tired of the Clane and surrounding gang asking me when is the last time Carbury had two players on the Kildare team and I ask them when is the last time two brothers played championship for Kildare ( all answers welcome ).I am then told to fcuk back to that general area and I tell them that the goalie, wing back and captain are from there as well and then we all break into oh to oh to be oh to be a lilly......

Then a bit of discussion as to whether we will go to Naaaaaaaas and it's a no as a big day tomorrow and we head to the chippers.Up sunday morning and it's down the town for the breakfast roll and you might meet a few legends like Eddie Mac , Denis O'Connell , Willie Mac etc and you are in the mood.Put on the tshirt and into the local as we are getting a bus from Carbury this week ( you would need a few pints before that ).Sing a few songs , discuss how we might beat the Larries in the next round of the champ and how the juniors were hammered last monday night ( on the piss for the weekend ).

Not sure what pub we are going to but the sweat will be bucketing from us all and loads of points will break into 'The Curragh of Kildare '.Watch the minor game on tele and wait for the Kildare folk living in Duuublin to join us and all beat our way into the game.Emotions getting the better of us as the team run onto the pitch and then the march , the anthem and game on.Hopefully ahead at half time and Cill Dara abu will phone me at half time for my biased opinion.Second half and Smithy scores the first goal ( had a score on that ) and we get home by four points.Sheeer madness all around us and we shake the Down supporters hands and back to the pub for all the hugs ( especially my da who played for the Lillies for 15 years and won nothing ) and kisses Embarassed and we sing until the bus is ready to depart.And everyone is saying can you get me a ticket for the final and I say yes as the bus leaves with white flags everywhere and horns blowing.Back to Clane and everyone is saying jaysus those two Carbury players are something else.Jump around the local until it's time to go home and fall into bed dreaming of Sam Maguire in the hands of the Allenwood legend in three weeks time and oh ye where am I going to get that ticket ? If only.........
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 am

Actually now that i notice.........does nobody plan on gettin the ride no? affraid
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:51 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
Actually now that i notice.........does nobody plan on gettin the ride no? affraid

Not if you are planning on getting as drunk as I am
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:23 am

I think fone mite have a quiet one over in Moores of the Craft...
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:42 am

folks just wanted to share some great news my mate from the states has just jetted in this morning lives over there since 93 hasn't been to a kildare match wait for since 98 leinster final heading back on tuesday some commitment maybe a sign?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:42 am

wingback wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:

i plan on it!!!haha
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:45 am

Seen as I'll be watching the game on delayed coverage my plan is

Head out for a few saturday night. Give my phone and laptop to the other half in case some eegit back hoe text me the score or for fear that nerves get the better of me and I look up the internet.

Head to the only pub in Vancouver showing the game. Bump into the same Kildare boys that I only ever see at game day. Pints galore with a lot of strange looks from the Canadians that think we are playing a strange basketball, soccer, rugby, volleyball hybrid.

Back downtown to make an absolute ass of myself singing and cheering on Kildare (hopefully)
Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:22 am

I know "The Curragh Of Kildare" is a Kildare Gaa ballad,but I just can't get over the beauty of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgJwJa7Wk14

Twill be played on the Car journey home!!!
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:35 am

God Townendterrace that brings back memories some a little too painful!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:32 am

Misneach wrote:
There be a massive trade in the Hogan Stand bar Sunday morning now. About 50 forumers trying to spot Fone!
i be wearing white a jersey in hogan stand bar on sunday
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 am

[quote="fone"]
Misneach wrote:
There be a massive trade in the Hogan Stand bar Sunday morning now. About 50 forumers trying to spot Fone!
i be wearing a white jersey in hogan stand bar on sunday
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:51 am

townendterrace
Junior C

Subject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Yesterday at 11:12 pm
You might want to be careful reading the papers when you're driving home from Golf!

Is Tom Cross the kit-man?
-------------------------------------------------
Tom Cross legendary Sallins man and and leading light in Sallins GAA. Operates buses out of Sallins for private hire and local links etc It's an experience to get a lift in a bus with Tom not to be missed. The man speaks his mind. A great character.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:07 am

bob12 wrote:
folks just wanted to share some great news my mate from the states has just jetted in this morning lives over there since 93 hasn't been to a kildare match wait for since 98 leinster final heading back on tuesday some commitment maybe a sign?

Well done to that man bob, congratulate him on his dedication and hopefully he'll remember the next few days for a long long time.
Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Derfil wrote:
townendterrace
Junior C

Subject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Yesterday at 11:12 pm
You might want to be careful reading the papers when you're driving home from Golf!

Is Tom Cross the kit-man?
-------------------------------------------------
Tom Cross legendary Sallins man and and leading light in Sallins GAA. Operates buses out of Sallins for private hire and local links etc It's an experience to get a lift in a bus with Tom not to be missed. The man speaks his mind. A great character.
I meant the bus driver.Yeah,I heard about him alright.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:57 pm

ManBearPig wrote:
wingback wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:

i plan on it!!!haha

Womanbearpig better look out pig
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:42 am

My bro is home from London for game and bringing his 9 year old cockney son with him while my sister is up from Tipp with her 6 year old son. Both will witness Kildare at its finest,in the midst of football madness and hysteria!

I plan on a few tonight to settle the nerves but only a few as I don't want to be off form tomorrow!

Up in the morning at about 8, bit of breaky and a bit of a wander around the house listening to KFM. Mass at 10 in Sallins and check out how many jerseys are about. Home for the fry and listen out for Simply The Best on KFM followed by The Curragh!

Into the car that has been pre decorated in anything white what can be tied to it. Out onto the dual carriage way to join the lillywhite convoy! Window down, blaring all the best wishes and good lucks on the radio.

Up the quay, flags flying, KFM starting to tune out! Decide of I want a pint, usually decide against...too nervous. Into minor and hope Cork win, nerves in bits. Waiting for team to come out, parade, national anthem. Nearly hoarse already!

"Enjoy match" and hopefully the adulation and sheer bliss of a win. Pints, home proud as punch (either way), watch recording if win, delete and avoid all media if we loose.

24 hours of shakes and worrying ahead!

COME ON THE LILIES!
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:57 am

Up early, go to mass, get the sunday independant and read what messrs o'rourke and o'se have to say about the game. the father will drive, when we get there into the big tree or quinns for a few pints to loosen the tongue. When I get to my seat its a case of shout, cheer, chant, sing, clap, abuse the referee, abuse the opposition players until the final whistle and hopefully hug all the fellow lilies around me.

bring it on. christ i need to go to bed just writing this.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Just heard Simply the best there marcus!!! Been to the jacks twice already today!!

God i cant wait for this match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-match preperation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2