Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?

Go down 
+32
Sam1928
Misneach
Rex
Come on the Boys in Blue
browser
centreback
MD
shoutitout
clonmullin
Fear An Geata
Derfil
if_in_doubt
Stonecold
townendterrace
Always_White
cram10
jj
Pure White
kartman
Faith
kildarecat
Dual
gaaweb
koko39
bob12
kickingking
walsheman
Jimmy winning matches
Loads of Pints
KILL BILL
Ohtoohtobe
tomcruise
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Empty
PostSubject: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:09 am

A lot of entertaining posts, threads, banter and craic over the last month.

Loads of bravado but realisticaly how Confident or Nervous are you for Sunday?

In the back of my mind, i believe we can do it. I'm very wary of Down.
The 4 week break will have suited them more than us, we were really on a Steam Roller after Meath.
I'm nervous, very nervous for Sunday.
It will be heartbreaking to lose, and i wont be able to think about Football at any level for a fortnight.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:12 am

Kildare by 4 genuinely.

Respect Down and particularly Coulter but it's a year or two too early for them.

Should be a great day in croker !!!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:12 am

Very nervous - jesus I'm a bag of nerves for a Leinster first round match, let alone an All-Ireland semi - but I believe very strongly we will win the match. Hope it's not heart ruling head, I don't believe it is. Kildare to pull away in the last ten.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:16 am

I'm not a believer in the big guy in the clouds but this means so much I'm covering my options and asking for this 'special favour'
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:17 am

think you hit the nail on the head on another thread bout playing to our potential....how we played against meath is our potential, if we play anyway near that we will win, full stop, no if's or but's. However, the majority of these lads are stepping into the unknown on sun.

The one thing that I have noticed from this team though - and its making me confident of us getting the result, is that they seem fearless, nothing seems to bother them. Whatever about kildare fans having/lacking confidence is irrelevant, the 30 lads going to croker on sunday seem to have it in abundance. And no better man over them to keep their heads screwed on.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:24 am

very nervous for sunday . if we lose will not be sad because for last 3 months this team brought enjoyment to county that we never since 2003 the feature in bright .
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:29 am

fierce nervous myself,been a great year so far and really believe we have wat it takes to come over down sunday in what will be a very tight game,just as tight as cork v dublin

kildare by 1
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:32 am

I was confident a few weeks ago but the more articles and previews I read, the more nervous I become.

The pessimist in me is going to speak first: I wonder about how good were the opposition we've beaten. Antrim by all accounts were a willing but limited team. Their only strategy seemed to be trying to engineer frees for Paddy Cunningham to knock over. Leitrim, as expected, was a relatively straightforward task. Derry were dire and dropped the heads when we got the run on them. Monaghan seemed to put all their efforts into winning Ulster. Meath were flattered by their five goals against Dublin and their performances against Louth and ourselves were a more accurate reflection of their ability.

The optimist in me says Down are in a similar position. They needed extra-time to beat one of the worst Donegal teams ever seen. Tyrone beat them without ever having to engage top gear. They weren't convincing against Longford and only won in Tullamore by two points. Most of us would expect Kildare to beat that Offaly team comfortably with a minimum of fuss. They hammered Sligo but like Monaghan I doubt their hearts were in it much after their provincial defeat. You'd have to be impressed with the way they beat Kerry but looking back at that game everything seemed to go for them - Tomás Ó Sé and Galvin suspended, goal with their first attack, Declan O'Sullivan picking up an injury early on, Killian Young's goal disallowed, Donncha Walsh sent off when Kerry looked like they might be working their way back into it.

It's a very hard one to call and I think I'm letting my heart rule my head a bit. If we get a good start I think we'll quarry out a win. If we start like we did against Louth/Leitrim/Derry/Monaghan/Meath and Down get a bit of a run on us I'm not sure we'll be able to peg it back like we did in those games.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:33 am

I think the 98 factor still there with alot of us just saw the video from nother thread and that chap thinking we would just be up to collect the cup. This team is different more confident better prepared and have a great backroom team. I think we will be in the final come 5.10pm Sunday and by a margin of 6-7 pts forget 98 this is the year will be our threshold from now on - on one further point has geezer commited to the future i know now is not the time but i pray that he is
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:36 am

[quote="fone"]very nervous for sunday . if we lose will not be sad because for last 3 months this team brought enjoyment to county that we never since 2003 the feature in bright . [/quote
Totally agree fone. they have made the summer for me and given the county a lift that is needed
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:48 am

Genuinely sick with nerves at this stage. In my heart I always believe Kildare can win because if I don't then what's the point in turning up week after week and year after year and shouting them on.

Having said that I was 23 before I went to my first All-Ireland Semi-Final and then went on to my first All-Ireland in the same year, my daughter who will be accompanying me on Sunday is 14months old going to her first Semi-Final and here's hoping she follows it up with an All-Ireland.

So am sticking with my heart, though this time my head agrees. Kildare by 3.
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:57 am

I'm sick all week more so because I'm usually really pessimistic, spend most of a match afraid to watch. Even when the team is ahead I'm the one saying there's always time for the opposition to come back, we need one more goal etc. The slow starts have frayed the few nerves I have left & I reckon the family deserve a medal to still accompany me to a match. So here's the problem if I always think we are going to lose why do I keep getting this feeling all week that this year is our year!
Then feel even sicker for tempting fate, just wishing for the final whistle on Sunday. Going to the camogie all ireland on Saturday, really hoping the girls can kick the winning off - though of course if they do I'll be convinced that's all the Kildare luck used up.
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:04 am

gaaweb wrote:
Genuinely sick with nerves at this stage. In my heart I always believe Kildare can win because if I don't then what's the point in turning up week after week and year after year and shouting them on.

Having said that I was 23 before I went to my first All-Ireland Semi-Final and then went on to my first All-Ireland in the same year, my daughter who will be accompanying me on Sunday is 14months old going to her first Semi-Final and here's hoping she follows it up with an All-Ireland.

So am sticking with my heart, though this time my head agrees. Kildare by 3.

my daughter was born two days before the leinster final in 98, she went in her rock a tot to her first & last semi final & final that year. She'll be at her 2nd semi final on Sunday I'm hoping she'll make the final this year - she's convinced as she is every year that we're bringing home sam - you'd think after 12 years the confidence would have taken a knocking but no!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:17 am

For a person who has learned over the years to be naturally pessimistic where Kildare football is concerned after reading Duals post I feel almost optimistic.

The main positive I take from this Kildare team is their abilty to keep their heads and not to panic when faced with adversary something you couldn't say about some of the Kildare teams of old, but is it too much to ask for us to actually get out of the blocks faster than Usain Bolt for a change and not have to face adversary?.
Back to top Go down
Faith
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:22 am

So sick with nerves, it's hard to believe that there are people in County that prob don't even know that there is a match on Sun but that it has taken over our lives completely, my heart says Kildare.....my head is giving out to my heart for tempting faith.....Jesus.....think I'm gonna puke!!
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:53 am

Faith...its those people who will take your tickets for the final Smile
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:55 am

Quietly confident (Positive thoughts)

not cocky & not too sure of ourselves boys but queitly confident...

don't be getting nervous.. what ever is going to happen will happen... Kildare are good! Down are good! lets pray we do it!! ....

Tell yes one thing for sure if the players are feeling like most of the boys in here...well were fcuked!!

still.. all an all an no mater what is said, Im gonna keep Quietly Confident!!

Cill Dara Abu
Back to top Go down
Faith
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:02 am

supersub wrote:
Faith...its those people who will take your tickets for the final Smile

Supersub just hope that post just means that ur being optimistic bout Sunday, not presuming we are there already!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:06 am

Out of 10 I would say i'm an 8 in terms of optimism. Think a good Kildare is better than a good Down but obviously its not as simple as that.
Worryingly I do see some similarities between this Down team and the Galway team we faced in '98. I say that because whilst we know Down are a decent outfit we don't know exactly how good they are or how how good they may become. If you think back to '98 Galway had quite a similar profile and as things transpired we were beaten by an excellent Galway team who were around for years after.
Having said that I feel this game is well within our range and I hope to come out with a 3 or 4 point win.
Now where did I put those rosary beads ......................
Back to top Go down
cram10
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:11 am

very nervous,have not got a nail left on my finger as it is,come sunday il be a wreck,i think a tight 2 point victory will do us Smile
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:17 am

Prior to all the other matches I was confident we were going to win (and win easily) and I was right except for the Louth match of course. At the moment I'm confident that we'll win this one also by at least 3 points. However at the back of my mind is a big doubt, maybe I'm wrong and that's making me very nervous. I know for sure by the time the match starts all my present confidence will have evaporated and I'll be a bag of nerves.
Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:23 am

fionnmccool wrote:
A lot of entertaining posts, threads, banter and craic over the last month.

Loads of bravado but realisticaly how Confident or Nervous are you for Sunday?

In the back of my mind, i believe we can do it. I'm very wary of Down.
The 4 week break will have suited them more than us, we were really on a Steam Roller after Meath.
I'm nervous, very nervous for Sunday.
It will be heartbreaking to lose, and i wont be able to think about Football at any level for a fortnight.
I think Down will make it very tough and limit every scoring oppurtunity.They will put pressure on yee at every point.The only way to counter this is to work harder than them,take every oppurtunity yee get and as Donal O Grady used to say "Get yereselves into a two horse race with ten minutes to go and back yereselves".
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:01 am

Whats happening Sunday????
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:15 am

Stonecold wrote:
Whats happening Sunday????
Think the Curragh races are on.!!
I'm quietly confident. Hoping for a good game and that the lads continue to do us proud!!
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:34 am

Closer to game we get and the less confident I feel. For the first week after the Meath I was thinking a four point win or so, now though the head and heart are close to war. Part of me genuinely feels we could do it this year but unfortunately I'm feeling more and more nervous with the more articles I read and reports I see.

If it wasn't for the pundits and bookies making us favourites and that bloody chicken I'd be fine...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next