Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?

Go down 
+32
Sam1928
Misneach
Rex
Come on the Boys in Blue
browser
centreback
MD
shoutitout
clonmullin
Fear An Geata
Derfil
if_in_doubt
Stonecold
townendterrace
Always_White
cram10
jj
Pure White
kartman
Faith
kildarecat
Dual
gaaweb
koko39
bob12
kickingking
walsheman
Jimmy winning matches
Loads of Pints
KILL BILL
Ohtoohtobe
tomcruise
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 am

I'd be more nervous for you lot than this Kildare team. This is the best prepared Kildare team ever and they've the talent to back it up. In 98 we were definitely short scoring forwards which isn't the case now. Down won't be able to match us for the intensity we'll bring which has been born through 3 years hard graft. They've a year or two to go before they'll be able to match us on that. We'll leave nothing behind us Sunday and will win by 4 or 5points at least.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:26 am

Am reasonably confident we'll do it, although Down will be a step up on anything we've faced to date, which is only right at this stage of the competition.

Everytime over the past month when I try to analyse it and decide who's going to pick up who, I manage to convince myself we have enough to get over them. Then I read or hear something else and the doubts come flooding back. Dan Gordon will be moved to midfield.... no they'll use Peter Fitzpatrick instead .... I hear Benny Coulter has been used at midfield in training .... Ambose is available for selection. Jesus my brain is going into meltdown !!!

The major doubt I have is over the midfield area. I know Daryl has been brilliant all year and Hughie was great the last day .... but can he reproduce that again. The last day he was thrown in with no warning and that may have helped. He's had 4 weeks this time to think about it and nerves may get the better of him. If Dermot starts will he be fit enough to contribute. Remember Down dominated at midfield against us in the league. They concentrated on spoiling Dermot on the kickouts if I remember right.

If we can get a 50:50 pull in this area we have a great chance. But then Down will be thinking the same. We've been picking up a high percentage on the breaking ball in the middle and there are very few clean catches in games this year. YES ... I'm convinced now. We will win. We will.

But what if they try to ....... Oh Christ stop !!! Time for a pint to calm the nerves. Sunday can't come soon enough.

Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
clonmullin
Junior A
Junior A
clonmullin

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:32 am

Twas ok after the Meath game but as the game gets closer it's begun to drop away - down for a few in my dad's local now which will sort that out. By the 3rd pint we'll be 6 point winners ....
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:54 am

As nervous as the rest of you.

I really think we can win this by 4. Dont think we will start as slow as we have being at that we will be able to keep Down at arms length for most of the game. I said on the old forum that I thought this team was better than the team of 98 and really really hope they prove me right.

Come on KILDARE...
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:05 am

Im not nervous and I dont know why. Going into meath games I was shi**ing bricks but this one I am relaxed,I reckon we will win . I dont care what any steward does but if we make this final I will be on the pitch and they will resort to PLAN B.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:11 am

shitting it is the only way to put it im like fear an geata i keep going through the 2 teams matching player for player and it changes every hour of the day i`m just going to forget about it now and let the lads do the rest on sunday.
as fionn says il be gutted if we don`t win and the last thing il want to think about for 2 weeks is football i`ve been with this team from the start of the year, il be there sunday and il be confident il be there for the final too
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:13 am

Ok I've had a rush of blood to the head either that or its the alcohol but tomorrow I'm going to watch the girls lift the All Ireland and on Sunday the boys are going to make a date on the 3rd weekend in Sept in Croke Park for me - its the year to be a Lily - Kildare for the double! - victory will be all the sweeter for all the years of tears! We are the best team and we will win
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:14 am

How confident? Well before most matches this year i made a call and for this I'm gonna say Kildare by 5. I dont know why but the players seem grounded all season, not letting the media and/or fan talk get on their conscience. They all know its about the next match. Im buzzing already!!!
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:27 am

As i have said best of luck sunday , but will be closer than you all think 1 point i would say
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:05 am

The default setting of a Kildare fan is worry, however I feel this team has what it takes to get to the promised land. Down will be tough but our lads have worked their collective arses off for three years non stop. Down are a little behind in terms of team progression.

As supporters I implore you if things don't go our way from the off to keep your heads, keep cheering them on and above all stay the course as a game is not won in the first 15 mins.

I fully believe in my heart come Sunday at 5pm we will be celebrating a huge day in Kildare Gaa

Cill Dara AbĂș
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:08 am

I'm confident but absolutely bricking it at this stage. I'm too nervous to write anymore!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:57 am

Im a nervous wreck. Have been trying to avoid the build up yesterday and today. I cant handle it. I need beer and loads of it.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:34 am

Heart - Kildare
Head - Kildare
Guarantees - none
Hope - lots
Belief in the team - huge
reasons to be optimistic - loads
Nerves - wrecked
Pride - Oh 2 be a lily

Best of luck lads, we are all behind you!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:39 am

Sam1928 wrote:
Im a nervous wreck. Have been trying to avoid the build up yesterday and today. I cant handle it. I need beer and loads of it.
good idea sam beer
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:52 am

Can't take anymore at this stage, 17 and a half hours to throw in and it cant come soon enough. I'd be more confident if Dermots knee wasn't held together with a bit of chewing gum. I'll wake up tomorrow morning and will be convinced we're going to win.

CILL DARA ABU.
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:09 am

Even not seeing all the hype back home I'm still bricking it. Oh I'll never sleep tonight. The few hours I'll be waiting for delayed coverage will be a nightmare knowing that the game is over and not wanting to see the result
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:15 am

don't know how you could do that. you've greater willpower than I'll ever have!
Back to top Go down
Ned
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:16 pm

For the 1st time ever I would say in almost any game, I am confident today that we will win. I'm not even nervous.

There is something different about this team, they have a hard centre, physically and more importantly mentally aswell. Geezer and the lads don't pick a first 15, they pick a first 20 and the subs this year have all had a bearing on the result in each game.

The Down forwards are fast but lets not forget that all but one of the Kerry backs were 30+ and were all playing in their 6th All-Ireland semi on the bounce. Their forwards won't get the same space or time on the ball against our lads.

One small thing - I am still not entirely convinced about Hugh Lynch as a mid-fielder. One very good performance against Meath does make him the heir apparent to the other midfield spot if Dermot does not start. Hopefully if Hugh gets his chance he will take it with both hands and prove me wrong.

I'll be off to the pub soon to get my spot and get settled in for the minor match. I was talking to an Armagh man in the pub the other day and he said he was talking to a Down friend of his last week who told him that the only thing they fear about Kildare is that if McGeeney togs out himself!

My confidence has been strengthened in the last 24 hours because my sister won an All-Ireland medal with Kildare yesterday. Well done Reg!!

We'll win today by +4 points. Leper and Smith will run riot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?   Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genuinely - What is your confidence Level for Sunday?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2