Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Sunday Game 2010

Go down 
+20
stanley
abl
rgb
bag of white
tomcruise
KILL BILL
Stonecold
Ogie
Onhisboot
hawker
koko39
lilypremier
Misneach
if_in_doubt
Jimmy winning matches
Lily8
GaaHead
kickingking
Derfil
Kaiser Sóze
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Kissane was takin off in the All Ireland final and looked to me to be possibly the worst player ever to line out in an All Ireland final.
He was useless.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:23 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
Kissane was takin off in the All Ireland final and looked to me to be possibly the worst player ever to line out in an All Ireland final.
He was useless.

To me he is one of the major problems with that Cork team, constantly soloing up the field running into blind alleys, hoofing the ball wide etc. He should be told to kick 1st time. Bloody joke.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:26 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
He was useless.

Exactly, Kissane hasn't had a good year and I was amazed he made the team. Same with Paddy Kelly who is a workhorse but a very limited footballer.

The Down keeper made some savage saves again yesterday and has been fantastic throughout the campaign, he would definitely be my choice for the all star. The Roscommon goalkeeper also had a good year.

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:29 pm

They invited three current inter-county players onto the panel and two of them were selected for team of the year. I actually think "The Sunday Game" panel have insulted him.

If they didn't pick him, that's okay by me but don't invite him onto TV to do so.

Then again, why do I give a fcuk about Larry, Moe and Curly up there? JD certainly shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:46 pm

rgb wrote:
They invited three current inter-county players onto the panel and two of them were selected for team of the year. I actually think "The Sunday Game" panel have insulted him.

If they didn't pick him, that's okay by me but don't invite him onto TV to do so.

Then again, why do I give a fcuk about Larry, Moe and Curly up there? JD certainly shouldn't.

Exaclty, thats the sad part. No offense to Tony Davis but a Corkman cannot be impartial when selecting a team of the year. Kevin McStay is a clown who's only claim to fame is 1 All-Star. I prefer the passion & "speak your mind" of Spillane and Brolly any day of the week then the sterility of McStay & Tohill.

Muppets.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 pm

I don't think Johnny would find this disappointing - it's the Sunday Game team of the year FFS - you'd like the recognition but it's the same standing as Fintan O'Toole's one or Michael Clifford's one or whoever.... Johnny will definitely get one from the GPA I'll lay any money. Not sure about All-Stars but he should without question.

I agree Goulding wasn't even MOM yesterday but I don't agree about Danny Hughes' spot - that's the comment of someone who hasn't seen Down play regularly, and he was immense again yesterday - that's just like Kevin McStay talking about Kildare. Hughes is 40 times the player Paddy Kelly is - a workhorse who can also kick a point. JD is the same except he's even more of a workhorse and kicks more points.

Anyway, we won't get two backs in teh All Stars either I'd say. Just if there's any fairness, JD will get one
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Ogie wrote:
I don't think Johnny would find this disappointing - it's the Sunday Game team of the year FFS - you'd like the recognition but it's the same standing as Fintan O'Toole's one or Michael Clifford's one or whoever.... Johnny will definitely get one from the GPA I'll lay any money. Not sure about All-Stars but he should without question.

What ya on about, don't have the viewing figures to hand but 400,000 people probably watched the Sunday Game last nite. Its recognition by your peers. The GPA couldn't not generate that sort of media attention if they tried. So apart from the All-Stars, and we know how messed up the selection process is with them, you would have thought you'd get the proper recognition from the Sunday Game panelists.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Lads dont know what ye think but that m j macauly or what ever he is called is no way in the top 2 midfielders this year.Sure he can run all day but his ball handling is crap and if he solos more than twice he gets confused and forgets what he is supposed to be doing.Agree on P Kelly what a joke and kissane is just another one who runs into blind allies and shoots from stupid distances,or as mcstay would say hail mary shots
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:10 pm

And we're not the only ones who thinks JD not on the team is a travesty google "team of the year 2010 john doyle". Fair play to those people all over the country on forums saying he was robbed.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Its a disgrace that Johnny Doyle was invited to the show and didn't get picked on the team, I was looking at another GAA site which shall remain nameless and posters from all corners of Ireland including a few dubs and meath men are saying Johnny should have been on the team. I think he deserve it for his workrate , passion and commitment , covering every blade of grass chasing back to help out the defence, battling for breaking ball in midfield , he doesn't just wait in the forward line for ball to be played into him like Bernard Brogan and Gooch and despite working all over the pitch he still managed to be top scorer, Like c'mon, JD has to get an all star this year.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:04 am

fair play to bernard brogan and paddy keenan on the panel last night both thought johnny was robbed and both said definitely would have got one had they been picking it
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:15 am

It goes to show that players on the pitch have a better perspective of whats going on than a few panellist clowns who can gurgle out a few cliches like a politician, RTE are not interested in fair, they are interested in what give them a good image. hence McStay - talks a lot ,says nothing.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:17 am

I think a barage of emails from our goodselves to RTE for doing that to Johny is in order.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:40 am

mc stay said copper best season ever and kelly got picked for is work rate that goes unnoticed to people and never had a bad game
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:45 am

centreback wrote:
fair play to bernard brogan and paddy keenan on the panel last night both thought johnny was robbed and both said definitely would have got one had they been picking it

Think its a disgrace that jd wasn;t on the team of the year.
Agree with center back brogan did say that Johnny should have been on it

Last edited by carburyman on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:11 am

Ye're all o about Kelly but I think Golding is extremely lucky. Those Sunday Game panelists should be ashamed of themselves. As rgb referred to why invite him on with two other players and then humiliate him by picking the other two? Full of sh1te the lot of them.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:30 am

JD will be happy when he gets his allstar.The team of the year was mostly picked by kevin mc stay!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:21 am

I wouldn't blame them for picking Paddy Kelly meself but it's ridiculous having Gooch on it.
Hopefully Johnny'll get an all star cause he definitely deserves one and should have got one in 08 too. Well done to Kelly and Bolton!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Stonecold wrote:
Ogie wrote:

What ya on about, don't have the viewing figures to hand but 400,000 people probably watched the Sunday Game last nite. Its recognition by your peers. The GPA couldn't not generate that sort of media attention if they tried. So apart from the All-Stars, and we know how messed up the selection process is with them, you would have thought you'd get the proper recognition from the Sunday Game panelists.

But this team wasn't picked by his peers... Teh GPA teem is picked by his peers and I'll lay any money he'll be on that. I'd be fairly sure he'll get an All-Star too. Does anyone know what last year's Sunday GAme team of the year was? Is it documented anywhere?

I have no problem with Cooper being on the team, I thought he was brilliant, as against his last couple of All Stars I felt he didn't deserve but Kerry were getting further than they did this year. His performance against Down was class. Paddy Kelly is actually a key player for Cork but the thing is Johnny does that job and also manages to be top scorer. I'd have Johnny ahead of most of them but for me the biggest joke selection was Goulding who is really talented but didn't have a stellar year. He kicked his frees and had a decent final.

Obviously Johnny should be there but I'd doubt he feels insulted to have been asked up and not be picked. But going on about the panellists "should be ashamed of themselves" - hello to fuck?! if that's the most they'll do in their lives to be ashamed of, they're fierce boring fuckers altogether
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Ogie wrote:
Whatever

Yep you seem to be in the minority of one, so good luck to you Larry.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:36 am

Why shouldn't they be ashamed of themselves? There job was to pick the best 15 all year and basically they didn't do it. You can be guaranteed that they know today that they were wrong and they are embarrassed and guilty about their exclusion of John. Those two words can be used to define 'ashamed'. So in my mind they should be ashamed.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:03 am

Just had a look at how the Sunday game team for last year fared against the actual Allstars. They got 13 right last year. The two where they went wrong last year involved two of the controversial picks this time; Paddy Kelly and Daniel Goulding.

They went for Kelly again last year but he lost out to Tadhg Kennelly. Goulding was left off by them last year in favour of Michael Murphy but was awarded the Allstar.

I think they'll be doing well to get 11 right this year.

2009 Sunday Game Team of the Year

Diarmuid Murphy (Kerry)
Karl Lacey (Donegal)
Michael Shiels (Cork)
Tom O'Sullivan (Kerry)
Tomás O'Sé (Kerry)
Graham Canty (Cork)
John Miskella (Cork)
Dermot Earley (Kildare)
Seamus Scanlon (Kerry)
Paul Galvin (Kerry)
Pearce O'Neill (Cork)
Paddy Kelly (Cork)
Stephen O'Neill (Tyrone)
Declan O'Sullivan (Kerry)
Michael Murphy (Donegal)

2009 Allstars

Diarmuid Murphy (Kerry)
Karl Lacey (Donegal)
Michael Shiels (Cork)
Tom O'Sullivan (Kerry)
Tomás O'Sé (Kerry)
Graham Canty (Cork)
John Miskella (Cork)
Dermot Earley (Kildare)
Seamus Scanlon (Kerry)
Paul Galvin (Kerry)
Pearce O'Neill (Cork)
Tadhg Kennelly (Cork)
Daniel Goulding (Cork)
Declan O'Sullivan (Kerry)
Stephen O'Neill (Tyrone)

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 am

Stonecold wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Whatever

Yep you seem to be in the minority of one, so good luck to you Larry.

I don't know what's that about but I never dismissed anyone here with a 'whatever'... unless I was langers at the time.

I don't mind being in a minority. It wouldn't be the first time and it wouldn't be the first time I have remarked on the giant cross Kildare supporters like to carry. But in this instance, I think I've stated twice he should definitely get an All Star... I don't ever see on a list of lad's achievements that he was picked on The Sunday Game Team of the Year three times... Yup, the lads got it wrong alright. But sure there you go. I just don't think it's important. I guess that's what Im in the minority over but it feeds the 'everyone is against us' vibe that I don't buy into
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:54 am

the panel are meeting today for allstars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Sunday Game 2010   All Ireland Sunday Game 2010 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Sunday Game 2010
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2