Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw

Go down 
+19
Fear An Geata
cram10
ElGuerrouj
ChopperDalton
bloodsub
kickingking
rubencarter
CluabĂș
Ogie
flourman
wingback
GaaHead
steviegenius
walsheman
tomcruise
kildarecat
analysis
Jimmy winning matches
mrblobby
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Clane getting relegated would be a disaster, but as the old syaing goes - No team is too big to go down. To think they were at the top of Kidlare football at the late 90s to where they are now - very sad.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:17 am

Athy 1/3 Kilcock 5/2
St Laurences 1/3 Maynooth 12/5
Sarsfields 1/2 Naas 15/8
Allenwood 3/1 Moorefield 7/2

Larries and Sash still good value even at them odds. Can't see either being beaten, Maynooth and Naas are poor sides.

Sneaky accum on the four favs as well
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:58 am

Tempted to put the price of my house on Moorefield at that price what bookies did you get that price at El?
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:01 am

Typo, they are 2/7!! Il blame Arthur for that one!

Those prices are with powers
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:55 am

to arthur
Back to top Go down
cram10
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:00 am

as far as i know,clane lost half of there team,very tough on them,i think they'll stay up though
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:43 am

padraigh fogarty had some game for larries
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:47 am

Two one sided games in Newbridge today. Hard to tell how good Athy are as Kilcock were extremely poor. 2-10 to 0-3 in the end I think (scoreboard wasn't functioning properly). Darroch Mulhall kicked some lovely points but missed two easy frees in the first half. Paddy Dunne kicked a great long range point in the second half but picked up an injury late on.

In the other game the Larries ran rings around Maynooth for 25 mins. and led by 0-9 to 0-1. However, Maynooth kicked three more points before the break to reduce the arrears. Laurences took their foot off the gas in the second half but were still controlling it fairly well but a late penalty for Maynooth got them to within 3 points and there were a few nervy minutes for the Narraghmore men before the final whistle. St. Laurences 0-14 Maynooth 1-8. Padraig Fogarty was very impressive in the full-forward line and the two O'Neills were also excellent.

Last edited by Fear An Geata on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:47 am

athy 2-10 kilcock 0-3
laurences 0-14 maynooth 1 -8
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:11 am

Sarsfields 0-14 Naas 0-10
Moorefield 1-8 Allenwood 0-8
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 am

standard of refereeing today was joke
Back to top Go down
cill dara bdkp
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:49 am

Any junior results?
Back to top Go down
cill dara bdkp
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:51 am

my mistake wrong thread..........OOPS
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:57 pm

can any explain what happen to shorty mc cormack yesterday i missed what happen to him
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:32 pm

The Moorefield, Allenwood game was hardly a game for the purists with both defences largely on top, while the Moores forwards were for the most part ineffective Paddy Murray having a rear stinker which eventually led to him been substituted, it wasn't all doom and gloom from a Moorefield perspective, they were totally dominant around the midfield exchanges particulary second half with Dave Whyte outstanding yet again, the Moorefield defence was rock solid, with Kevin O'Neill the main stand out performer, in truth Allenwood were pretty toothless in attack JD might have got the majority of scores for Allen but he was hardly terrorising the Moores backline Dave Whyte doing a pretty decent job of tracking back on JD, harshly penalised a couple of times.

Speaking of refs, have to agree with fone, while I can't vouch for the ref in the Sash, Naas game as I was across the way throwing a few warmers into the butts, but I did hear from a few anti Sash supporters [I wonder what team they support?] that he made a few poor decisions against Naas, the ref in Moores, Allenwood game was a bit of enigma making some poor decisions against both sides, often penalising for minor infringements but totally ignoring some rugby tackles, the Moorefield penalty looked like a bit of a dive from Roly, but in fairness Moorefield had a stonewall penalty claim turned down in the first half.
All in all, I suppose any of the last four believe they can win it, with none of the teams looking invincible.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:38 pm

kildarecat wrote:
The Moorefield, Allenwood game was hardly a game for the purists with both defences largely on top, while the Moores forwards were for the most part ineffective Paddy Murray having a rear stinker which eventually led to him been substituted, it wasn't all doom and gloom from a Moorefield perspective, they were totally dominant around the midfield exchanges particulary second half with Dave Whyte outstanding yet again, the Moorefield defence was rock solid, with Kevin O'Neill the main stand out performer, in truth Allenwood were pretty toothless in attack JD might have got the majority of scores for Allen but he was hardly terrorising the Moores backline Dave Whyte doing a pretty decent job of tracking back on JD, harshly penalised a couple of times.

Speaking of refs, have to agree with fone, while I can't vouch for the ref in the Sash, Naas game as I was acroos the way throwing a few warmers into the butts, but I did hear from a few anti Sash supporters [I wonder what team they support?] that he made a few poor decisions against Naas, the ref in Moores, Allenwood game was a bit of enigma making some poor decisions against both sides, often penalising for minor infringements but totally ignoring some rugby tackles, the Moorefield penalty looked like a bit of a dive from Roly, but in fairness Moorefield had a stonewall penalty claim turned down in the first half.
All in all, I suppose any of the last four believe they can win it, with none of the teams looking invincible.
at least kildarecat it was worse match of weekend thats goes to athy v kilcock. and kilcock only had 5 subs at match
Back to top Go down
hope
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:54 pm

was at all 4 senior matches at weekend and from my point and view and not the bookies its st laurences to lose although they let maynooth back into game they never looked like being beaten racing into a 9-1 lead..athy although they hammered kilcock are no great shakes and will be found out,everyone will be hopeing to draw them,sash look good going forward but vulnerable at back and naas should have scored a few goals,moorefield game was very poor and if u can keep it tight and not open they are beatable.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Most of the Kilcock better players incl. Cian Flanagan and Marcus Duke play with their B team whatever the story is with that??!!
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 pm

the endless hand passing that Laurence's get involved in is very frustrating to watch. They have a quality inside forward line who have the beating of most teams when they get the ball but there are times when Laurence's seem content to keep the ball rather than put the scores on the board.

If they were clinical on saturday, the scoreline could have ended as one sided as the athy v kilock game.

I know Kilcock were rubbish but having seen athy I no longer think this championship is between the larries and the moors. Athy are strong all over the field and have a good bench, they have a real chance this year.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Draw for the semi's will be Athy Moorefield & Larries Sarsfield you seen it here first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Ideally I would like to see Athy v Larries and Moores v Sarsfield.

two local derbies, both would be hotly contested, both would attract the crowds.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw   Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senior Championship Quarter Final Draw
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2