Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pfrizer senior championship semi final draw

Go down 
+18
The Oracle
ixus
bloodsub
Lily8
Fear An Geata
Sam1928
lilypremier
bag of white
kickingking
TheBigFullForward
TommyKeegan
realmoore
steviegenius
hope
ChopperDalton
tomcruise
walsheman
Jimmy winning matches
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Empty
PostSubject: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:13 am

sarsfield v st laurences
moorefield v athy

Last edited by fone on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:21 am

fone wrote:
sarsfield v st laurences
moorefield v athy
larries by 4
moores by 5
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:14 am

dont no bout that.....i reckon sash by one and moores by 1
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 am

]sarsfield v st laurences 4.30 pm saturday
moorefield v athy 4.30pm sunday
all matches in st conleths park
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 pm

Steviegenius

Thanks for telling us the draw yesterday.I smell a rat!!!

Any good county finals elsewhere on sunday ?.Those two matches are about as appealing as the X Factor.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:18 pm

TC he had a one in 3 chance of being right.

Now unless he comes on here and explains himself I'm putting it down to a lucky guess.

Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Sarsfield Athy will be a good game, the other game will be like a heavyweight boxing match a long slog til the end!
Back to top Go down
hope
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Looks like laurences and moorefield got the draws they hoped for and both avoided their neighbours..

Laurences by 2,
moorefield by 5 or 6
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:33 pm

hope the scoreboard working right for weekend matches
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm

fionnmccool I was at the Allenwood Moorefield game Sunday and I was behind 3 men and one lad in particular said if Moorefield win they will play Athy. I did not know them but one of my friends said he was on the county board maybe he was messing saying that, but I did put the draw up for a bit of fun but I could not believe when it came out. I don't know but with the draw for the quarter finals in both senior and inter all big teams being kept apart the same for the semi's something does not look right here.
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:32 am

http://www.kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=475:sfc-semi-final-preview&catid=203:mens-news&Itemid=145

Pfizer Kildare Senior Football Championship Semi Final Preview by John Holden

The Pfizer Kildare Senior Football Championship has now reached the Semi Final stage and following the draw on Monday night the Semi Final pairings will see holders St Laurences take on Sarsfields while Athy and Moorefield clash in the other semi final.

St Laurences (Holders) v Sarsfields

This is a meeting of the only two unbeaten teams in the competition and a repeat of the 2005 final where Sarsfields defeated the Larries after a replay. St Laurences have been impressive in all five championship games and although they eased up in the closing stages against Maynooth they always appeared to have too much experience for the North Kildare side. The O’Neills, Lawlors, and Fogartys along with captain Mossy Doyle are all in splendid form and they have helped continue their long unbeaten run in Kildare championship football which stretches back to early 2009 and they will not fear the challenge of the Roseberry men.Sarsfields who have never lost to St Laurences in the championship have sneaked through to the semi final almost unnoticed and after a disappointing league campaign they have regrouped and remain unbeaten in this years championship and seem to be improving with every game. Captain Gary White has been leading by example in midfield while Alan Smith, Robbie Confrey, Robbie Murphy, Conor Tiernan and Sean Campbell have all been in top form in the last few weeks and Sarsfields after an impressive quarter final win over Naas will be fully primed for this game and will hopeful of taking their place in the county final on Sunday October 17th.

Moorefield v Athy

Moorefield who beat Allenwood on Sunday last after a couple of controversial refereeing decisions will fancy their chances against the young Athy side. The Moores who have captain Paddy Murray, Kevin O’Neill, David Whyte, Ronan Sweeney and Philly Wolfe in great form, will have the incentive of looking forward to a county final against either St Laurences who beat them last year or against their great local rivals Sarsfields and although Athy will cause them problems I expect the Moores to cross this hurdle and move into another county final. Athy are everybodys team of the future and this side which is laced with talented young performers like Darroch Mulhall, David McGovern, James Eaton along with Michael Foley could surprise everybody and take the game to the Newbridge side. Athy were very impressive in their quarter final win over Kilcock and they were also unlucky last year to lose to the champions St Laurences and if they can get their noses in front against the Moores expect them to have learned from last years disappointment and they could cause the surprise of the weekend. However its hard to ignore Moorefield and if the Moores get off to a good start then they will be impossible to stop and Jack Sheedy should then be looking forward to his first championship final as Moorefield manager.

Predictions:

St Laurences v Sarsfields: Sarsfields to win

Moorefield v Athy: Moorefield to win
Back to top Go down
hope
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:21 pm

any prices on weekend matches or overall champ odds?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Haven't seen much of it this year. Are Moorefield five or six better than Athy as is being suggested by a few?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:02 am

It hard to judge how good either team are TK in my opinion

Moores struggled against Allenwood at times.
Allenwood were very nearly relegated from Division 1.
In pervious games the Moores beat Celbridge, county champs in 2008 by 10 points.
Then in their first lost to St Kevins, its really hard to know how good Moorefield are at the moment.
On their day they can beat anyone without a doubt, but its which Moorefield team shows up.
The one against Kevins, or the Celbridge one?!

Athy have been sneaking up in the long grass, no one really taking too much notice, the beat Kilcock convincingly, but to be fair they looked like a poor intermediate side from throw in.

I think it'll be much tighter than people are expecting, Athy could shade it if everyone fires for them.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:12 am

i think this is the game where there could be a shock.

Moorefield are such a strong side, and David Whyte is playing some great football, but can they get enough scores.

Athy will come out with no fear and will attack them from the off. Moorefield will obviously work very hard to close down the space for Athy but they still have plenty of players who are capable of scoring. They are quoted at 9/4 to beat moorefield in the leader (got from cill dara betting) and I think that could be worth a flutter
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:41 am

Speaking of flutters, was just talking to a friend in Kerry who suggested that Dr Crokes to beat South Kerry on Paddy Power at 13-8 is madness. South Kerry supposedly missing a couple through injury and another couple headed for America while Gooch is playing the best football of his club career.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:56 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Speaking of flutters, was just talking to a friend in Kerry who suggested that Dr Crokes to beat South Kerry on Paddy Power at 13-8 is madness. South Kerry supposedly missing a couple through injury and another couple headed for America while Gooch is playing the best football of his club career.

I played football down in Kerry for a while a few years back when I was based down there so I'd have a decent enough knowledge of the club scene. South Kerry are missing Killian Young through injury but Crokes are missing Kieran O'Leary so it probably evens itself out.

Dingle to beat Austin Stacks would probably be a better bet IMO. Stacks are very reliant on Donaghy and Tommy Griffin will probably be able to limit his effectiveness somewhat. Dingle have one of the most exciting young forward lines in Kerry football at the moment.

The two Kildare games look very difficult to call. I've had a feeling all year that Athy could take a serious scalp before the year is out and if Moorefield play like they did last Sunday, there could be a shock on the cards. I'd expect Larries to be too strong for the Sash (minus Dermot) but I wouldn't be too confident about laying money on it.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:55 am

think ill stay away from these fixtues!!!
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:00 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:
i think this is the game where there could be a shock.

Moorefield are such a strong side, and David Whyte is playing some great football, but can they get enough scores.

Athy will come out with no fear and will attack them from the off. Moorefield will obviously work very hard to close down the space for Athy but they still have plenty of players who are capable of scoring. They are quoted at 9/4 to beat moorefield in the leader (got from cill dara betting) and I think that could be worth a flutter

I agree with this, if Moorefield aren't on the top of their game I fancy Athy to beat them.

Let's just say it will need to be the Moorefield team that beat Celbridge that turns up not the one that beat Allenwood.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:03 am

Yes morefield would want to be at their best to beat athy. Athy are a strong team and have some talented youth to bring on.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:33 pm

sarsfield 5/4 v st laurences 4/6 draw7/1
moorefield 4/11 v athy 9/4 draw 7/1

overall betting
moorefield 4/6
st laurence s 5/2
sarsfield 7/2
athy 7/1

from cilla dara betting
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:23 pm

kickingking wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

I played football down in Kerry for a while a few years back when I was based down there so I'd have a decent enough knowledge of the club scene. .

I knew it!!!!.. first Flats was on the forum and now Damien Hendy. Howya Damien!
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Moorefield will beat Athy & Larries will beat Sarsfield.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Is that rigged too stevie ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:29 am

Sam1928 wrote:
kickingking wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

I played football down in Kerry for a while a few years back when I was based down there so I'd have a decent enough knowledge of the club scene. .

I knew it!!!!.. first Flats was on the forum and now Damien Hendy. Howya Damien!

lol!

Time for a new avatar!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pfrizer senior championship semi final draw
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next