Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pfrizer senior championship semi final draw

Go down 
+18
The Oracle
ixus
bloodsub
Lily8
Fear An Geata
Sam1928
lilypremier
bag of white
kickingking
TheBigFullForward
TommyKeegan
realmoore
steviegenius
hope
ChopperDalton
tomcruise
walsheman
Jimmy winning matches
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:49 am

Fear i'm trying my best to be as good as fone with all the information but that guy is just to dam good even a few porkies are no good Sad
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Highlights of Larries v Maynooth from last week ...

http://kildare.tv/sport/
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 4:25 am

seemed a soft penatly for maynoth
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:12 am

Sarsfields 0-13 St. Laurences 0-07

Sarsfields finished with 13 men and Larries with 14.
Sounds like it was a tough match.
Not that surprised to be honest. Sarsfields are flying at the moment.

Athy to win tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:45 am

sweeeney got some brillant points today and was man of match, corely whyte and murrayput in very good for moorefield ,athy only had one forward in mulhall who a brillant side kick in second half in total he scored 1-4. moorefield 1-16 athy 1-6
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 am

Ellistown 0-13 Round Towers 1-10 after extra time.

Some shocking football played by both sides with a shocking referee to boot.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:34 am

see semi finals on
http://kildare.tv/sport/
larries gave no interview after match
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:19 am

Is the no.27, Cian O'Brien, the same guy that transferred in to Laurences from a club in Longford in August ?
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:36 am

Things I picked up in both matches from the videos:

Sash v Larries
1. The amount of pick ups in the game.
2. Smith always started his run from where the free was taken and took 4/5yards. (his frees were excellent in the vid though).
3. Did the Larries get any kickable frees?
4. The ref giving a free against Padraig O'Neill for a shoulder to shoulder challenge. No.14 went to do O'Neill with a shoulder to the chest, O'Neill met him full on turning his shoulder to him rather than skipping around him or looking for a free and gets a free given against him. It was a top notch shoulder (to see the Sash sideline moaning about it is pathetic) and No.14 was embarrassed enough to want to start a row over it. Eliminating shouldering from the game is a terrible shame.

Moore's v Athy:
1. For the Moores goal, Foley went for a ball and it was broken down by Whyte. Foley stood still and Whyte ran on, the speed of thought & reaction here makes the difference. He ended up running 60 yards and setting up a goal while Foley was still near the middle of the field. (I'm criticising no one here, just highlighting the difference)
2. Sweeney's ability to go to ground when touched never fails to amaze me.
3. Sweeney kicked some fantastic points off his left boot.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 am

ixus wrote:

Sash v Larries
1. The amount of pick ups in the game.
2. Smith always started his run from where the free was taken and took 4/5yards. (his frees were excellent in the vid though).
3. Did the Larries get any kickable frees?
4. The ref giving a free against Padraig O'Neill for a shoulder to shoulder challenge. No.14 went to do O'Neill with a shoulder to the chest, O'Neill met him full on turning his shoulder to him rather than skipping around him or looking for a free and gets a free given against him. It was a top notch shoulder (to see the Sash sideline moaning about it is pathetic) and No.14 was embarrassed enough to want to start a row over it. Eliminating shouldering from the game is a terrible shame.

Moore's v Athy:
1. For the Moores goal, Foley went for a ball and it was broken down by Whyte. Foley stood still and Whyte ran on, the speed of thought & reaction here makes the difference. He ended up running 60 yards and setting up a goal while Foley was still near the middle of the field. (I'm criticising no one here, just highlighting the difference)
2. Sweeney's ability to go to ground when touched never fails to amaze me.
3. Sweeney kicked some fantastic points off his left boot.
pradraig o neill should have been sent off .if referee knew the rules
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:33 am

fone wrote:
ixus wrote:

Sash v Larries
4. The ref giving a free against Padraig O'Neill for a shoulder to shoulder challenge. No.14 went to do O'Neill with a shoulder to the chest, O'Neill met him full on turning his shoulder to him rather than skipping around him or looking for a free and gets a free given against him. It was a top notch shoulder (to see the Sash sideline moaning about it is pathetic) and No.14 was embarrassed enough to want to start a row over it. Eliminating shouldering from the game is a terrible shame. ....
pradraig o neill should have been sent off .if referee knew the rules

I can't really debate that as I'm only going by the vid clip. Have you an opinion on the shoulder?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:08 am

sent off for what exactly!!???
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:12 am

See our friend David Whyte was at it again.He just loves thumping people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:23 am

is there a video of this game or something??
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:57 am

There are two big similarities between the loosing teams - Larries and Athy - and that was that their tackling in defence was terrible. Constant fouling and lazy tackling and in Larries case alot of moaning to the ref. To be successful you have to be disciplined esp with good freetakers on the opposition side. TMH came undone in the junior semi-final for the same reason.

Don't know why you're saying P O'Neill should have been sent off fone? It was a free against him for barging but no more than that. Did he do something else?
Agree with ixus, Alan Smith didn't take one free from the right spot! Fair play if you can get away with it!
Barry was stupid, if he was going to do Dessie Lawlor why didn't he do him properly instead of that half strike/half push. Sash will miss him big time now esp with Dermot Earley already out.
That no.27 for Larries was a disgrace. Cowardly. He was lucky that it wasn't an aul league game or he would have gotten a few belts for his troubles. Sash players were very controlled in their reaction. I suppose he won't miss any matches through suspension though? Joke.
David Whyte will never learn, he's been lashing out on and off the pitch all his life and it'll be the downfall of him sooner or later. He's good but purely cos he's a tremendous athlete. I don't think he'll ever be a lynchpin of a Kildare team though.

Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Walsheman

Go to www.Kildaretv.ie to watch the two classics lol!

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:51 am

bloodsub wrote:
Ellistown 0-13 Round Towers 1-10 after extra time.

Some shocking football played by both sides with a shocking referee to boot.
round towers 2 -8 eillstown 1 -10
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:07 am

Sarsfields warmed up nicely for next weekend with two reserve titles today in Kilcullen. One of them was a great game against Moorefield in the reserve a final.

Credit to Kilcullen too, they had the grounds looking very well, Just a bit of a covered stand missing from the ground now!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Fone, what should Padraig O'Neill have been sent off for? Not that shoulder that's for sure... and not for being on the receiving end of forehead motion - you wouldn't call it a headbutt in fairness but there was pressure of forehead onto his head
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Ogie, Fone may be referring to an incident not shown by the cameras where Padraig got involved with Gary White off the ball (just prior to the Conor Tiernan sending off). I didn't see everything that happened as I had one eye on the play but both players received yellow cards after ref spoke to his linesman. It looked a fair enough decision but, as I said, I wasn't giving it my complete attention.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:38 am

Fear An Geata wrote:
Ogie, Fone may be referring to an incident not shown by the cameras where Padraig got involved with Gary White off the ball (just prior to the Conor Tiernan sending off). I didn't see everything that happened as I had one eye on the play but both players received yellow cards after ref spoke to his linesman. It looked a fair enough decision but, as I said, I wasn't giving it my complete attention.

That's fair enough, I thought the great man was losing his mind! Should have known better.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:53 am

Ogie wrote:
Fear An Geata wrote:

That's fair enough, I thought the great man was losing his mind! Should have known better.
there other incident with padragh when had go at sarsfields player after the ball was gone, not on cameras either
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:15 am

That's fair enough fone, he'll have a well deserved rest for himself now anyway
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:55 pm

alan barrys back for the final now his suspension was overturned thats an interesting development now after seeing what happened on the video of the match
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:05 pm

homerj wrote:
alan barrys back for the final now his suspension was overturned thats an interesting development now after seeing what happened on the video of the match

I'm amazed... would it have happened if he wasn't the county U21 manager?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pfrizer senior championship semi final draw   pfrizer senior  championship  semi final  draw - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pfrizer senior championship semi final draw
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next