Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES

Go down 
+8
Big Full Back
lilypremier
Ogie
GaaHead
kartman
centreback
Stonecold
Jimmy winning matches
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Empty
PostSubject: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm

FOOTBALL PLAYER OF YEAR
James kavanagh
john doyle
peter kelly

HURLING PLAYER OF YEAR
Paudie reidy
mark moloney
neil omuineachhain

CAMOGIE PLAYER OF YEAR
Regina o gorman

LADIES PLAYER OF YEAR

Aishling holton

HANDBALL
Micheal dowling

REEREE OF YEAR
Brendan hickey

CLUB AWARD
Kildangan

SPECIAL AWARD
paul mescal scor

There a special presentations for Anthony raindow and Micheal o muircheartaigh

On saturday 20 november at 8pm keaden hotel
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:34 pm

No Daryl Flynn Sad I suppose we can't give out about the Sunday Game analysts and the All-Stars anymore when your own county doesn't recognise his contribution.

BTW I'm not from Moorefield and I was a big critic of his when he first broke onto the team but to me he was Kildare Player of the Year 2010.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:32 am

kildangan on club of the year whats the reason for this didn`t of them having any success this year?
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:05 am

Prob grounds of the year centreback? Some sort of compensation for fielding a junior team against wexford for their offical opening.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:32 am

should the award not be called the best grounds award so Question
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:36 am

The Club Person of the Year, Club of the Year and Club Grounds of the Year were amalgamated into one award Club Award....

It was felt there were too many awards....

Kildangan I would imagine get it for the achievement of opening their new facility....

How does Daryl Flynn top 2 All-Stars and an All-Star nominee and International Rule team member? In fairness, Daryl had an outstanding year, but I can't see how he would get in ahead of any of the 3 nominated....
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 am

GaaHead wrote:

How does Daryl Flynn top 2 All-Stars and an All-Star nominee and International Rule team member? In fairness, Daryl had an outstanding year, but I can't see how he would get in ahead of any of the 3 nominated....

Because its supposed to be about football. International rules counts for shit as far as I'm concerned and the All-Stars are a flawed system (although yes Johnny & Peter deserved them). Daryl Flynn was Kildare's best player this year, closely followed by Morgan O'Flaherty if Kildare cannot recognise that fact well good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:16 am

It's all about opinion - a lot of people have been talking about Daryl and he's been excellent but I couldn't argue with the nominations. What I will say is this - All Star nominations are related to positions and it was a hell of a lot easier to get a nomination in teh backs, and indeed win an All Star, than it was at midfield and in the forwards. However, Peter Kelly had a significant role in tightening up the Kildare defence and provided us with a man-marker for the first time in years. If Flynn was going to get in I presume it would have been ahead of Jimmers and whether or not it comes into it, his form with the club allied with his inter-county form, would make it very hard for him to be left out.

I wouldn't be so dogmatic about stating who was the best... I don't think Daryl was the best so I appreciate the good luck SC - if he was the best, he should be in the running for footballer of the year because I think Johnny was one of the best in teh country and he is in line for the GPA award - based on another set of opinions of course.

Daryl was very, very good though, took on the added responsibility of Dermot's reduced mobility brilliantly... Morgan was very, very good too. Both had poor games against Down for different reasons. It's great having so many contenders. It beats handing it to Johnny every year... having said that, he'll presumably get it this year again, unless they decide to bring the international rules into it.

They weren't wrong about the amount of awards they had but I presume the fact they're saving a few bob and just having a buffet this time means you can't hold people as long either. Still will be an alright oul session, not that I'll be at it this year.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:49 am

id agree with that ogie i thought johnny and callaghan were our best players this ok flynn was consistant but so was johnny and callaghan plus they threw in some unreal performances through the championship where as flynn just played very good without any top drawer performances. on the morgan o flathery one i wouldn`t have him ahead of callaghan johnny jimmers flynn mcgrillen or kelly.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:54 am

I'm basing my dogmatic position on all 8 matches that I seen. Some players didn't turn up for 2 or 3 of them, some were substituted in 3 of them but the propaganda works obviously. But never mind
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 am

What games were Johnny Doyle, James Kavanagh or Peter Kelly substituted in????
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:56 am

Well done to all nominated. I thought daryll flynn should have been a nominee.
I also thought niall o conner would have gotten the handball award.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:03 am

I'm not going to start analysing players and going through performances on what was a very good year for Kildare football they don't deserve that and it serves no purpose. I have my views on it and lets leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 am

Lads,

Why do we need nominee's for this. The whole team is considered and just pick a winner from it... Simple. We all know they all played well throughout the year... No nominations just like the camogie and ladies awards, winner is and thats it.......
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:08 am

There ya go BFF... Problem solved. All the lads would be there anyway so problem solved by not creating a shortlist
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:15 am

Why not just ask the squad to write down the name of the player they think was best this year in a secret ballot and then count the votes, who better to make a judgement than those closet to it. Or is that just too simple a way of picking.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Yeah I think that would be the best and most intriguing, keep people guessing.........
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:10 am

If its player of the year should it not be over the whole year and not just the championship? Peter Kelly done and brilliant job when brought into the team this year no question about it but should he be listed for player of the year when he did not play in the O'Byrne cup or league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:53 am

I think James Kavanagh should win it. Won the Intermediate Championship with his club in Ballymore,playing unbelievable football for them. Played with Ireland in the International Rules, Fantastic all year for Kildare in League and Championship. All Star Nomination.
If its to be judged on an All round award I think he should pick it up.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:20 am

For me Daryel Flynn was the Kildare player of the year but it probably boils down to national recognition and awards.

I think that it will be his third if the great one wins it but I reckon James Kavanagh might be the one this year and nobody could begrudge him.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:38 am

should player who played league and championship with their clubs from febuary to september given a chance to win this award not just players who played for county
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES   KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT  NOMINEES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KILDARE AWARDS NIGHT NOMINEES
Page 1 of 1