Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare GAA Awards 2011

Go down 
+12
ElGuerrouj
Taibi
gomearza
walsheman
all_star
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
Dual
Muller
kelf
Ogie
Big Full Back
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:51 am

Kildare GAA  Awards  Night

ON
Friday 25th November 2011

VENUE
Athy GAA Football Club @ 8-30pm

Kildare GAA 2011 Award  winners 

Football:  Nominees are Emmet Bolton, Mick Foley & Johnny Doyle.  

Hurling:  Nominees are John Doran; Fiachra Ó Muineacháin & Tony Murphy. 

Referee:  Trevor Carew

Handball:  Des Lyons

Ladies Football : Maria Moolick  (LEIXLIP)

Camogie:   Aoife Trant, .  

Special Recognition:  Tom Murphy & Bro. Bosco Mulhare.

Club Award:  Nominees are Robertstown, Celbridge & Athy. 

Plus presentation of O'Byrne Cup Medals & Leinster Junior Football Championship medals.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:09 pm

And Allenwood win the Scór award.... that will gladden John Roddy's heart... He'd love JD to get the football too but Mick Foley surely has that in the bag.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Congratulations to all Nominees & Winners, especially Maria. U played a real Captain's role for the club and gave ur all to Kildare as well
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 am

Do athy host it because they won the senior or is it because its the chairmans club or is the Keadean out of order??
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Thought the chairman is a Naas man???
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Muller wrote:
Do athy host it because they won the senior or is it because its the chairmans club or is the Keadean out of order??

Money - can't afford to pay Keaden anymore
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:24 am

Apolgies i meant to say Chairmans choice. Makes sense saving a few bob though. Some worthy winners all the same
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:09 am

Last nights winners

Football:  Mick Foley

Hurling:  ; Fiachra Ó Muineacháin

Referee:  Trevor Carew

Handball:  Des Lyons

Ladies Football : Maria Moolick  

Camogie:   Aoife Trant, .  

Special Recognition:  Tom Murphy & Bro. Bosco Mulhare.

Club Award:  plaese fill bank

Well done all winners
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:02 am

Athy won the club award
Back to top Go down
all_star
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:04 am

Didn't attend myself but heard the night was an absolute insult. Slopped up curry and not even a drink for any of the players, disgraceful!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:35 am

all_star wrote:
Didn't attend myself but heard the night was an absolute insult. Slopped up curry and not even a drink for any of the players, disgraceful!

You'll never please everyone all_star. The County Board are in arrears and are looking at ways of saving money. I'm sure everyone in attendance would have loved a Gala Ball in the K Club but lets be a little realistic here.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:53 am

saving money or not is no excuse for a slopped up curry,decrease the tickets price if there gonna make such little effort
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:26 am

all_star wrote:

There's 200,000 reasons why the County Board didn't splash out for it. The players wouldn't be drinking anyway.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:18 am

gomearza wrote:
all_star wrote:

There's 200,000 reasons why the County Board didn't splash out for it. The players wouldn't be drinking anyway.
Why wouldn't they?
Back to top Go down
all_star
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:34 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
all_star wrote:

You'll never please everyone all_star. The County Board are in arrears and are looking at ways of saving money. I'm sure everyone in attendance would have loved a Gala Ball in the K Club but lets be a little realistic here.

Hold on, your example is the polar opposite of a slopped up curry. Maybe you should be a little more realistic, surely the county board can put aside a small bit of money to put on a decent night for the players, I'm not talking about the Four Seasons, but surely they could have stretched the budget for some catering and a decent vebue apart from a club hall. This was the Kildare Gaa awards night, not Rheban Gaa's underage awards, the players deserve a little more respect and their achievements honoured.

Further to this, appparently they charged €20 p/ticket for this trife, i think I would have rather kept my money in my pocket
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:33 am

all_star wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:
all_star wrote:

Hold on, your example is the polar opposite of a slopped up curry. Maybe you should be a little more realistic, surely the county board can put aside a small bit of money to put on a decent night for the players, I'm not talking about the Four Seasons, but surely they could have stretched the budget for some catering and a decent vebue apart from a club hall. This was the Kildare Gaa awards night, not Rheban Gaa's underage awards, the players deserve a little more respect and their achievements honoured.

Further to this, appparently they charged €20 p/ticket for this trife, i think I would have rather kept my money in my pocket
Agree 100%, the CB should have cancelled the awards night if they were that badly off, they were happy to take €20 off people though.

The players deserve better after all the work they have put in all year.

You'd swear some posters on here were on the CB, jumping to they're defence after every cock-up.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:55 am

Taibi wrote:
You'd swear some posters on here were on the CB, jumping to they're defence after every cock-up.

He has a point here to be fair.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:57 am

Did the CB organise the night

or was it as it traditional The Communications Committee ???
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:53 am

Its apparent all_star you did keep our money in your pocket, did you ever consider your 20 quid might have tilted the books enough to get the players a drink.

As for defending the county board, its about time they started to count the pennies, I can remember a time when money was wasted on functions like this, and our senior team had to do without, you can't have it every way money is not there any more
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Taibi wrote:
The players deserve better after all the work they have put in all year.

So there was a €5 entry event held last Saturday in St. Conleths in aid of the players fund and your response to it was?? They do deserve better and they do need our support.

You've double standards and seem to me to be just a WUM. I suppose here comes the "its a forum" comment
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:14 pm

ballyboy wrote:
Its apparent all_star you did keep our money in your pocket, did you ever consider your 20 quid might have tilted the books enough to get the players a drink.

As for defending the county board, its about time they started to count the pennies, I can remember a time when money was wasted on functions like this, and our senior team had to do without, you can't have it every way money is not there any more

Were you at the awards night ballyboy?

Counting pennies is an understatement to describe it. If they even got 20 people to pay 20 quid they would have made a profit on the night they organised, so the excuse of money doesn't wash given the expenses they incurred on the night would have been minimal.
Back to top Go down
all_star
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:17 pm

God you don't miss a thing ballyboy....as i stated "I didn't attend myself"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:02 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:

Were you at the awards night ballyboy?

Counting pennies is an understatement to describe it. If they even got 20 people to pay 20 quid they would have made a profit on the night they organised, so the excuse of money doesn't wash given the expenses they incurred on the night would have been minimal.

What was a Leixlip man doing at the awards night would be my next question here??

I'd be first to slate the County Board if they got something wrong. I'd also congratulate them on doing something right.
But there seems to be some people who give out about everything from ticket prices to the state of Conleths to Sloppy Curry.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:44 am

What was a Leixlip man doing at the awards night would be my next question here??

I hope he was there in support of the Leixlip player who was being presented with 2 (?) medals, O'Byrne Cup & Leinster Junior and his sister who got Ladies Football Player of the Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done, Tommy & Maria !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:10 am

kelf wrote:

I hope he was there in support of the Leixlip player who was being presented with 2 (?) medals, O'Byrne Cup & Leinster Junior and his sister who got Ladies Football Player of the Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done, Tommy & Maria !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah that wasn't my point kelf. Doesn't matter. Well done to both. Hoping for a big year from Tommy this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Awards 2011   Kildare GAA Awards 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare GAA Awards 2011
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next