Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread

Go down 
+81
whitetop
faithfullily
stanley
parcel
kildarecat
midfieldmaestro
lomond
flourman
Flamingo
hawker
kartman
babyduck
truelily
Admin2
Sam1928
losthope
Yellow Pearl
Always_White
pedrobob
lilly-exile
snowman
lillies11
Admin
Taibi
Horsebox
White Bridge
wingback
browser
tomcruise
Ogie
naked-lilly
Jimmy winning matches
lastline
smokey
shoutitout
KILL BILL
Loads of Pints
FearBan
carburyman
peile
whitestar
town man
Big Full Back
learmus
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bloodsub
Derfil
Fear An Geata
GAA_PUNTER
Come on the Boys in Blue
The Giant
overthebar
jim
patw14
lilypremier
Frankel
centreback
Square Ball
Muvverfuk
steviegenius
analysis
rob11
ChopperDalton
rgb
GaaHead
Oneill
Lily8
TheBigFullForward
The Oracle
if_in_doubt
walsheman
bob12
jj
Adam91
Son of Sarsfields
Rex
kickingking
Dara
Muller
Stonecold
daracill
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:21 pm

Dont forget its a whole different ballgame when the ground hardens and the pace quickens for the summer. Swings and roundabouts lads, apples and oranges, salt n' vinegar or cheese n'onion etc etc...
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:35 pm

Am I the only one who didn't think Sweeney was great, I admit he did good work off the ball, but once he has it in his hands I tend to panic a little?!

I though Bolton was immense, Leper was great in patches, O neill and lynch did very well,

disappointed in Flats last few matches, but think he will begin to shine again soon,

Connolly is great addition , not much could be done for either goal yesterday.
McGrillan is playing well, as is Fitzpatrick and Scanlan did well yesterday too.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:56 pm

Have to agree with Walsheman there were several Kidlare players who barely touched the ball. Luckily they were compensated by brilliant performances by O Neil and Lynch who are really stepping up to the plate, im actually surprised no one has mentioned O neils smart finish for the goal. They cover some amount of ground. I thought Bolton was hit and miss tho. Flats prob had his worst game to date for kildare and kicked some bad wides but i know he is a class act. Mollick covered some amout of ground too. Fitzpatrick had a veryy good seond half looks like a good prospect.

On another note, pity there were no cameras there to capture the finish to that game - unreal!!!
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:57 pm

Fitzpatrick gave away a few cheap and needless frees, gave Louth a cushion, they went from being 1 point up at one stage to 5 points up in a few minutes because of the needless fouls, a point that wont be lost on Geezer, we do seem to concede a lot of frees. As the league seasons develops I think Shane Connolly could be one of the more important introductions
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:07 pm

A lot of those frees on Fitzpatrick were wrong decisions, forwards pulling his hand in etc, a few more games at this level and he might just learn how to avoid this. I thought Connolly was extremely dodgy in the goals yesterday, his kick outs first half were awful, landing on the 45 and in the second half he got caught out a few times, one would have been a certain goal except for a brilliant save on the line by a defender.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Kildare tv were there filming i thought!!!!

any word on fitzpatrick,heard he might have a broken wrist???or was that boltan!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:18 pm

Kildare tv were there I think it's being shown some time early this week.
Fitzpatrick had a bandaged wrist but he played the whole second half that way so can't be to bad if it's him.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:02 pm

Roly was playing his first bit of football in months after getting married, good jaysus, give the man a chance... Bolton has only had bits and pieces... I wasn't at the game so I can't comment, and maybe they didn't play great but I'd be hoping they'll be playing one or two more important games before the year is out.

Also, we shouldn't forget the fact that Louth are one of the best teams in Leinster now. That's just a fact. From what I heard, Kildare played terribly and to still win in those circumstances.... that's very, very positive indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:43 pm

Jesus lads people need to relax in here a little.

We won a match by playing as poorly as I've seen in the last year.

We have huge players in JD,Kavanagh,Flanagan, Flynn, Flats Snr,Dermot,Conway, Andrew Mac,Chalky ,Kelly all to return. Huge players in that list from last year.

2 All stars also. Louth had there strongest team possible out yesterday.

We've won the O'Byrne Cup, unearthed new talent in Moolick,Lyons,Fitzpatrick, Dowling.
Hugh Lynch & Paudie have been excellent in the middle also.

I could not if I possibly tried take any negatives from the O'Byrne Cup the last few weeks other than P Kelly picking up that injury.

Its been a good january and hopefully the start of a good year.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Saw Brian Murphy (Ipswich & Ireland) goal keeper at the game, was he was involved training the keepers last year when was at Bohs ?? Hes from Waterford so no connection to Kildare that I know of?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:47 pm

Chopper I don't know how you could say Bolton was hit and miss. I thought he was great yesterday. He made a wonderful block on a Louth goal chance in the first half, kicked a great point from distance with his right foot, disposessed Lennon in the small square in the last 10 mins. with another goal chance on, won the penalty that tied the game up and made countless runs to drive us forward in the second half.

I haven't always been his biggest fan but since he moved to the half back line in the qualifiers last year I think he's improved beyond recognition. If we had 15 players as "hit and miss" as this yesterday we'd have won by a cricket score. scratch
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Fear - I know some of the stuff he did yesterday was brilliant I just thought that at times yesterday his marking was very suspect and he appeared to be getting involved with silly rows with the Louth players. He was caught out of position several times yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm always open to correction on these things but I didn't feel Brennan his direct opponent had a major influence on matters even though I think he is a very good and dangerous player.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:11 pm

O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 O_byrn12

O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Bolton10

O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Roli_p10

O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Leper_10
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Jaysus I have a bigger bowl for me breakfast cereal than that yoke
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Rex wrote:
Kildare tv were there I think it's being shown some time early this week.
Fitzpatrick had a bandaged wrist but he played the whole second half that way so can't be to bad if it's him.
was told last night he broke it anyway,maybe its not true
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Whats the story with chalkie?
Back to top Go down
pedrobob
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:53 pm

i see bloodsub is at it yet again! any chance to put down a south kildare man and ur in straight! i think its about time you realise that he is the only keeper good enough to be part of a team that will push for an all ireland, its about time you put the northen divide to bed and move on.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 pm

pedrobob wrote:
i see bloodsub is at it yet again! any chance to put down a south kildare man and ur in straight! i think its about time you realise that he is the only keeper good enough to be part of a team that will push for an all ireland, its about time you put the northen divide to bed and move on.
didnt think he was to good yesterday either,seems better than that though,only 4th game with them so hopefully gets better
Back to top Go down
pedrobob
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:30 pm

he will prove his class in games to come! think he is also involved with a good maynooth sigerson team so another chance to prove himself even if McGeeney has turned against college football all of a sudden!!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:42 pm

pedrobob wrote:
he will prove his class in games to come! think he is also involved with a good maynooth sigerson team so another chance to prove himself even if McGeeney has turned against college football all of a sudden!!

So he's playing college football in the north of the county???? Shocked

I suppose pedrobob will blame those pesky nordies if he doesn't maintain his current good form so!
Back to top Go down
pedrobob
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:52 pm

here now i think you are starting to think i have something against the north, i dont , its just against some of the people in the north! Not sure but i think that kildare gaa doesnt run that college team so the players are all probly given a fair chance!..
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm

fair chance,will u ever get a grip of urself!!!
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:56 pm

pedrobob wrote:

First time I've seen "good" and "Maynooth Sigerson team" in the same sentence for a long time I have to say. Playing Queens in the first round and if they win that it'll be the winners of the DIT - UL match in the quarter finals, so that'll be two games max for them. Love to see Maynooth do well in it but at 40-1 I wouldn't even chance my money on an each way bet.

Connolly was very impressive in the first two matches, against Westmeath he didn't have a lot to do but was comfortable with anything he needed to do, Sunday he wasn't great but like others have said it was only his fourth game. We're hardly all anti-south Kildare just by saying he wasn't as impressive as he has been previously are we?

Then again would you call me anti-north Kildare as I don't believe Maynooth have a hope of doing well in the Sigerson?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:16 am

They did beat UUJ in Jordanstown last year and were far from disgraced against DCU in fairness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread   O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O'Byrne Cup 2011 - Official Thread
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next