Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan

Go down 
+23
kelf
Bigfullforward
Big Full Back
lillyboy
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
KILL BILL
centreback
murof
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
kickingking
SamMaguire
Taibi
parcel
overthebar
stanley
BelieveToAchieve
lilywhites on tour
Could'nt Trap Cement
Square Ball
Come on the Boys in Blue
Rex
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:51 am

Great result for Glenn today. He was given time in Longford and look what he's done. Hopefully they kick on and win their next outing. I'll know who I'll be cheering for.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:10 am

Rex wrote:
Great result for Glenn today. He was given time in Longford and look what he's done. Hopefully they kick on and win their next outing. I'll know who I'll be cheering for.

Yeah Rex have to agree , well done Glen , nice to see that his manageral apprenticeship is reaping good results , deffo a future kildare manager
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:04 am

well done Glen Ryan, has learnt a lot over last two years see when players at end of last year questioned the training he brought in Graham Gearty and changed his trainer for this year, think he will be a great Kildare Manager sometime but would be slow to change the man we have at present dont always agree with what he does or says but we are improving since his arrival
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:33 am

Another great result today , longford could well be a serious dark horse in leinster this year....
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:09 am

Glen Ryan what a ledgend fairplay to him and Longford. it looked like wexford could have sneaked it, in that second half, but at least they still won.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:38 am

No interest in Longford but he has done a good job there. I hope Geezer & co are here for a long time to come. After that - who knows who could be the best successor

Last edited by BelieveToAchieve on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Congrats Glen and well done.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Bitter bitter there BelieveToAchieve..........get used to talk of glen been mentioned as next kildare manager, because imo this is the last horaah for grezzer, not that i wish him to be gone but something tells me that if he doesn't win silverware this year he'll go..... well done to glenn ryan on his great success with longford, COME ON THE LILIES today in croker......... cheers
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:38 pm

Bitter over a county which means nothing to me winning a Division 4 title? Hardly.
And I think it's you who needs to get used. Get used to seeing our best manager for years staying put!
A 3 year agreement was reached 2 years ago, so do the math!
Promotion has been secured already, who knows what else will come.

Now remind me again, who's bitter?? Mad
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:54 pm

fair play the Glenn. Back to back promotions and some silverware in the bag too.
at least we know when geezer leaves we have a good proven bainisteor ready to step in.
Probably a couple of years down the line tho.both will want to bring their teams into the higher division next year.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:16 am

Well done on the Div 3 Title
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Delighted for Glen and he's a gentleman.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Well done to Glen, he's doing a great job with them.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:29 am

Well done Glen, still a thorn in the side of all those natural footballers down in Laois.
A great chance of getting to a semi final.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:41 am

I certainly wish Glen all the best. Delighted to see Laois beaten. But this talk of him replacing McGeeney or this being McGeeneys "last hurrah" is complete and utter tripe. Absolute bullshit.

Our current team is a team that McGeeney built. Built practically from scratch. The respect he commands from everyone on the panel is unbelievable. The lads literally would die for him and Kildare on the pitch. If something is not broken I wouldn't be setting about fixing it.

Several all stars, constant last 8 appearances and we've been promoted to division 1 and are constantly talked about as being a top team. This is a serious Kildare side McGeeney & indeed Carew has built. They are on a completely different level to the Longfords and Laois'. Some lads need a reality check.

All this on the back of very little underage success in the county. Success being producing quality teams every 2nd year at least not a flash in the pan team.

Last edited by FionnMcCool on Mon May 21, 2012 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:55 am

I agree with every word there Fionn.

I think a lot of people know that if Glenn were to become manager of Kildare that a lot of the old reliables would be brought back.

Let him continue his good work in Longford. Kildare are in safe hands for the foreseeable future!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:57 am

No way i want glen ryan as manager of kildare he is a legend in kildare as a player all right but imo he is not half the manager geezer is.
if he did take over kildare we would go downhill no way he would keep kildare going at the level mc geeney has.
look at the league two defeats geezer got them galloping again secured promotion and finally won the league in the end. the day glen ryan takes over here( i hope he never does) is the a sad day and will bring the days were we will not be contenders again.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:04 am

Jaysus lads, it's only a post to congratulate him on a good win over Laois and Longford's first win in the Leinster Championship for 11 years.

Just be happy for him.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:18 am

For all that McGeeney has done some great work have lads no belief in the current crop of Kildare players that they could be successful regardless of management? It's often glossed over by the national media that we have some terrific footballers who would hold their own on any team. We get the same lazy cliched crap of exceptional fitness, organisation and workrate, McGeeney's worked miracles with them, better than the sum of their parts etc. The likes of Mick Foley, Emmet Bolton, Éamonn Callaghan, Eoghan O'Flaherty et al would thrive in any setup.

I've no desire to see McGeeney leave but it's not like Kildare football would suddenly disappear into the abyss. A manager can only do so much once the ball is thrown in. No point in going down the soccer road of praising a manager to the hilt when on a roll and then blaming him for everything when things go wrong.

Probably a silly argument to be getting involved in as it's doubtful McGeeney is going anywhere for the forseeable future anyway.

BTW, well done to Glenn. I'm sure he got a great kick out of seeing his team beat Laois.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:24 am

kickingking wrote:
For all that McGeeney has done some great work have lads no belief in the current crop of Kildare players that they could be successful regardless of management? It's often glossed over by the national media that we have some terrific footballers who would hold their own on any team. We get the same lazy cliched crap of exceptional fitness, organisation and workrate, McGeeney's worked miracles with them, better than the sum of their parts etc. The likes of Mick Foley, Emmet Bolton, Éamonn Callaghan, Eoghan O'Flaherty et al would thrive in any setup.

I've no desire to see McGeeney leave but it's not like Kildare football would suddenly disappear into the abyss. A manager can only do so much once the ball is thrown in. No point in going down the soccer road of praising a manager to the hilt when on a roll and then blaming him for everything when things go wrong.

Probably a silly argument to be getting involved in as it's doubtful McGeeney is going anywhere for the forseeable future anyway.

BTW, well done to Glenn. I'm sure he got a great kick out of seeing his team beat Laois.

Thats a good point alright kk. Its quite possible those lads would thrive under any set up. I just remember the last set up and none of them you name stood out whatsoever. I remember Bolton playing wing back against Meath in Croker and not getting a kick at it.

Its better the Devil you know. At the moment we're ticking away nicely. Unlike Laois where they are calling for McNulty's head as he's not getting the best out of their players allegedly.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:34 am

Congrats to Glenn, Doing a great job, back to back promotions, and longford beating laois for 1st time since 1968, well done
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:39 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
kickingking wrote:

Thats a good point alright kk. Its quite possible those lads would thrive under any set up. I just remember the last set up and none of them you name stood out whatsoever. I remember Bolton playing wing back against Meath in Croker and not getting a kick at it.

Its better the Devil you know. At the moment we're ticking away nicely. Unlike Laois where they are calling for McNulty's head as he's not getting the best out of their players allegedly.

Seem to recall him kicking a goal in that game but I take your point! Wink

I just think too many people go overboard on managers nowadays both positively and negatively. Laois are a good example. McNulty may or may not be a good manager but maybe Laois should be asking themselves how their underage teams have gone to pot in recent years after being the county everyone measured themselves against at minor and u21 level not long ago. A manager can only work with the players he has at his disposal and if the players aren't up to scratch or aren't committed then there is only so much they can do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:49 am

Forgot to say though well done to Glenn today and I am sure the Longford fans are over the moon but dont forget we hammered the same Laois side by 15 points and that was after a terrible controversial decision that could of deflated us but geezer and co got morale up and the lads heads in the right place to get back on the horse for the rest of the championship.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:56 am

Foley, Bolton, Kavanagh, Conway, Flynn and a few others looked ordinary under previous regimes. Lads like Glavin, Chalky, Hogarty, Derek McCormack, Lonergan couldn't get off the team.

Don't forget lads, the likes of McGrillan, Morgan Flats, Rob Kelly and quite a few others were
Not picked for Glenn's U/21 panel.

I'm glad that people are happy Longofrod are doing well. Personally - I have no
Interest in what happens up there. I'm more than happy with how things are progressing here and don't believe there will be change anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:56 am

All white alright! wrote:
No way i want glen ryan as manager of kildare he is a legend in kildare as a player all right but imo he is not half the manager geezer is.
if he did take over kildare we would go downhill no way he would keep kildare going at the level mc geeney has.
look at the league two defeats geezer got them galloping again secured promotion and finally won the league in the end. the day glen ryan takes over here( i hope he never does) is the a sad day and will bring the days were we will not be contenders again.
You've gone a bit overboard IMO. A Kildare legend like Glen deserves better than this sort of hypothetical conjecture.

Having said that, I think we are quite happy with where we are now and I imagine Glen is quite happy with where he and Longford are now and I agree with Fionn's post deriding the idea of this year being McGeeney's last hurrah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next