Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan

Go down 
+23
kelf
Bigfullforward
Big Full Back
lillyboy
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
KILL BILL
centreback
murof
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
kickingking
SamMaguire
Taibi
parcel
overthebar
stanley
BelieveToAchieve
lilywhites on tour
Could'nt Trap Cement
Square Ball
Come on the Boys in Blue
Rex
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:04 am

MO'F is 28 BTA. Maybe the fact he wasn't eligible may explain why he wasn't picked.

Hughie McGrillen was on Glenn's panel. Came on as a sub in the All-Ireland semi-final against Down in Navan.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:11 am

BTA doesn't let the facts get in the way of a good whinge.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:12 am

Ah lads relax, just be happy that a Kildare man is doing a fine job with a county that hasn't won a Leinster since 68. He managed a team to beat Laois which is even better. Dont turn this thread into a Glen versus Geezer. McGeeney is likely to be Kildare manager for the forseeable future and I believe he will lead us to Sam soon and maybe this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:31 am

Well thats your opinion Cill Dara2000 but I am entitled to my own and I feel very strongly about keeping Geezer here in the short grass county. Its wrong to suggest just because Glenn as an ex kildare player has improved Longford that some kildare fans automatically shout for him to be our next manager just because he is a legend in our county and he is an ex kildare player. For me that doesnt make him right man for the job. Let the man who is at the helm now and who has put pride back into our jersey continue going about t his job and the good work he has done of Building, tweaking and improving this kildare side. Anyways it's not a worry Geezer will be here for a while yet thank god. The man is not going to walk away from the project until it's finished! In geezer I trust. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:16 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Foley, Bolton, Kavanagh, Conway, Flynn and a few others looked ordinary under previous regimes. Lads like Glavin, Chalky, Hogarty, Derek McCormack, Lonergan couldn't get off the team.

Don't forget lads, the likes of McGrillan, Morgan Flats, Rob Kelly and quite a few others were
Not picked for Glenn's U/21 panel.

I'm glad that people are happy Longofrod are doing well. Personally - I have no
Interest in what happens up there. I'm more than happy with how things are progressing here and don't believe there will be change anytime soon.

just to clear up a few things here chalky has not played under any other manager other than mcgeeney for kildare seniors and morgan flats and rob kelly were both too old to play for glens under21 team.

as was said this shouldn`t turn into a mcgeeney v ryan thing both men have got there teams a division title and more importantly promotion so i would imagine both managers will want to stick with there current teams and compete in the higher divisions next year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:22 am

Rob Kelly wasn't too old, think he was away in college in 08
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:26 am

Some of the most retarded comments ever on this thread...lads sayin players were ordinary under previous managers...there is a big difference between a footballer at 21 and 27...

Lads on about players not bein picked by Glenn...players develop at different ages...yeah actually Keith cribben was one Glenn didn't rate and geezer did...

Glenn will be Kildare bainisteor eventually in a couple of years when geezer decides he can do no more...

Rob kelly is 25 goin on 26 this year. Woulda bin too old
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Congrats and well done to Glen and Longford, absolutely delighted to see our great former captain and proud Kildare man achieving success as a manager, best of luck in rest of championship.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Well done to Glenn, delighted for him, and better again it was against Wooley's mammoths.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:15 pm

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Foley, Bolton, Kavanagh, Conway, Flynn and a few others looked ordinary under previous regimes. Lads like Glavin, Chalky, Hogarty, Derek McCormack, Lonergan couldn't get off the team.

Don't forget lads, the likes of McGrillan, Morgan Flats, Rob Kelly and quite a few others were

Interest in what happens up there. I'm more than happy with how things are progressing here and don't believe there will be change anytime soon.

BtoA - what does it matter who was picked - they got to an All-Ireland final!
Also, McGrillen was on the panel Rob Kelly was in England and, my favourite bit, Morgan O'Flaherty was 24.
You should check your facts before you post.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Fair enough geniuses - there were some errors in the players I named.
I notcie nobody was in a hurry to argue (for or against) the names like Glavin, Hogarty, Derek McCormack, Lonergan who could not get off the team under Crofton and Nolan.
Any reasons for that???????

The point remains the same. We are operating at a level that we have never been at. We have a panel of 30+ players ALL of whom are capable of coming in and doing a job in any given day. We didn't even have that in 98.

Local managers will always bring with them the pressure of familiarity and a sense of debt to particular clubs.

Whilst our history is not laden in glory or silverware, it does show that our best periods in the modern game came under the management of outside managers.

I dont care what Gleen does up in Longford or what Rainbow does in Carlow. Its all irrelevant to this Kildare setup.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
BelieveToAchieve wrote:

BtoA - what does it matter who was picked - they got to an All-Ireland final!
Also, McGrillen was on the panel Rob Kelly was in England and, my favourite bit, Morgan O'Flaherty was 24.
You should check your facts before you post.

As Taibi has already stated BTA does not let facts get in the way of a good whinge Smile

His knowledge of Kildare football is shocking really (already this year we have endless rants of how MIckey Conway should not be first choice on the Kildare team, statements about the championship format this year of which he clearly knew nothing about, and now this little peach - how Glen Ryan inexplicably left out a 24 year old in the U21 setup of 4 years ago), yet he had the gall to comment on another posters lack of knowledge only last week. Priceless stuff.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Like you BTA I wouldn't change the current management for anyone, 100% behind them, however I dont see an issue with wishing our former greats every sucess, they are still Kildare men after all.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:52 pm

I have no intertest in what that idiot says - I blockedc him a long time ago and you feel free to do the same with me if you like. I don't care what the likes of you or the Nurney nob think of me!

The format of the championship was only changed this year and I think you will find there are quite a few people who are not familiar with it yet. Watching the double header i nNewbridge yesterday there were quite a lot of people who thought a draw meant a share of the points.

But unlike some, I am quite willing to hold my hand up when I make a mistake. We can't all be perfect know it alls like you pair of clowns...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:03 pm

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
I have no intertest in what that idiot says - I blockedc him a long time ago and you feel free to do the same with me if you like. I don't care what the likes of you or the Nurney nob think of me!

The format of the championship was only changed this year and I think you will find there are quite a few people who are not familiar with it yet. Watching the double header i nNewbridge yesterday there were quite a lot of people who thought a draw meant a share of the points.

But unlike some, I am quite willing to hold my hand up when I make a mistake. We can't all be perfect know it alls like you pair of clowns...

lol!
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:18 am

umpireonditch wrote:

No sorry rob was over age. rob, mickey conway and padraig o`neill played on the under 21s the year before 07 that was there last year at under 21
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:59 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:

*Knob

What a fucking moron.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:59 am

It wont be long before Admin steps in lads.........try and keep the personal insults out of it......
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:45 pm

centreback wrote:
umpireonditch wrote:

No sorry rob was over age. rob, mickey conway and padraig o`neill played on the under 21s the year before 07 that was there last year at under 21

I'm fairly sure he was underage CB. He was in College in Wolverhampton that year and couldn't play.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:53 am

I'm certain Rob was born in 1986.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:10 am

vodafone2012 wrote:
Rex wrote:
Great result for Glenn today. He was given time in Longford and look what he's done. Hopefully they kick on and win their next outing. I'll know who I'll be cheering for.

Yeah Rex have to agree , well done Glen , nice to see that his manageral apprenticeship is reaping good results , deffo a future kildare manager

Congrats Again to Glen , this time in Championship action , Like I said before "deffo a future kildare manager in 2013" Wink
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Towers need him more than Kildare do. They were awful Sunday. And their dicipline, shocking!
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Strange the way a lot of Kildare people feel we couldn't do well with a local manager, it smacks of an inferiority complex. Geezer has done a wonderful job of getting guys to believe in themselves and the jersey, this imo will be his greatest legacy if in 10 years time we're still competing at the top table. Glen would be well up to the job and has shown that's he's not afraid to bring top ppl in around him just like Geezer has.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
I'm certain Rob was born in 1986.

I could be wrong in fairness. I just remember talking about what a shame it was he wasn't involved and I thought that was because he was in England. But maybe my memory was faulty and we were saying at the time that it was a shame he was barely overage.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:12 pm

lillyboy wrote:
Strange the way a lot of Kildare people feel we couldn't do well with a local manager, it smacks of an inferiority complex. Geezer has done a wonderful job of getting guys to believe in themselves and the jersey, this imo will be his greatest legacy if in 10 years time we're still competing at the top table. Glen would be well up to the job and has shown that's he's not afraid to bring top ppl in around him just like Geezer has.

No inferiority complex in this county at all, But you look back at 100+ years of history in football. We have won little or nothing by comparision to the top counties.
The 90's we won 2 Leinsters and reached an All-Ireland final with an OUTSIDE MANAGER.
And we have just won a National League title which had never been done before and are regularly contesting All-Ireland quarter and semi finals - all with an OUTSIDE MANAGER.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Laughable how you claim his greatest legacy will be players believing in themselves. He has already taken this county from being the laughing stock of the GAA world to winning and contesting major titles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan   Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well done to the Legend that is Glenn Ryan
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next