Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Injuries for sunday

Go down 
+31
kartman
SamMaguire
tomcruise
KILL BILL
FearBan
Big Full Back
bag of white
Frankel
Admin3
ChopperDalton
Fear An Geata
daracill
kickingking
Stonecold
jj
GaaHead
Ogie
flourman
topcat
CluabĂș
Derfil
MD
TheBigFullForward
carburyman
walsheman
stanley
overthebar
Lily8
Oneill
Sam1928
abl
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 pm

How did the challenge game go? Philly Mcmahon definitley out for Dubs.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:17 pm

who were playing down today lads?
Back to top Go down
daracill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:20 pm

kildare 1-11 down 0-11
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:48 pm

GaaHead wrote:
He lined out in Newry in challenge with Down today anyway.... Doesn't look good for Daryl v Dublin....

Who lined out Head ? Johnny or Daryl ? If it was Daryl why do you say it doesn't look good for him ? Did he not play well or had he a recurrence of the injury ?

Also interested to hear if Mikey Conway or Ciaran Fitzpatrick played, and if so how did they perform ?

Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Was talking about JD... but my info was wrong... JD didn't line out. He has a slight hamstring problem... From what I hear, it doesn't look like Daryl will have enough work done in time. This week could tell a lot.

Mikey scored 1-2 before the 15 he played on, were totally changed at half-time. Didn't hear about Ciaran Fitz, but he did play 35 minutes & can't have done too bad in a defence that only conceded 0-11 with the forwards of Clarke, Hughes, Poland etc...

31 lads got a run over the two halves...
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:26 pm

from what i was told JD will be lucky if he is fit for the next game, bad enough hamstring injury, he never had that type of injury before and he is getting intensive treatment for it....
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:29 pm

I heard Doyle will be fine but Flynn won't be back for the Dublin game.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Will be sick to the pit of my stomach if jd does miss out. What the f**k have we done to get so many injuries to key players at crucial times over last few years
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:51 am

Gaffer wrote:
Totalgaa
this is your post below. What has this got to do with The topic "New Injuries for Sunday" .I would recomend that you set up your own topic if you have a gripe. Then we can all respond to the topic in question.

Great to hear 31 lads were able to play football yesterday in what was as all challenge games are meaningless, when they should have been playing championship football with their clubs. If they can play football games why not with their clubs, I am sure at this stage the management team must know each player as regards his pro and cons and I am sure the reason for these games are to give them football and again I ask why not with their clubs.

Jesus Big Brother go easy. He hasn't killed anyone
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:48 am

cant believe JD is injured. Going to sick worrying about this. Thats 3 all stars and our other first choice midfielder out if true.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 am

Radley Park wrote:
Totalgaa, spot on with your post...clubs need to grow a pair and stand up for themselves. And to think that JD got injured on county duty and nothing is said - if he was with his club there would be war!!!

He got injured in training. Should players not even train now?!
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:40 am

spot on there radley park, i just posted the something the same on another thread about lack of respect towards clubs, there players and the cancelling of 2nd round of championship............
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Radley Park wrote:
JJ, I never said that...my point is that senior and intermediate club champ games were called off to protect the players ahead of semi final with Dublin and Leinster junior final...however, a player has still picked up an injury on county duty (training or playing is irrelevant), when the whole notion of not playing club games was to protect the players in the first place!

The games weren't called off for the purpose you say.... The games were called off due to the fact that the previous chairman didn't take into account that the Juniors would be playing on Wednesday last, when he fixed the Championship for weekend of June 10-12. Thus, clubs wouldn't have access to their players ahead of their games. I still think they could have gone ahead with better consultation, as clubs may have just allowed it...
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Any chance of getting back on topic lads? Any injury updates would be appreciated !
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:33 pm

I have heard Johnny is a big doubt with his hamstring and will be touch and go right up to the game.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Taibi wrote:
Feck the Juniors its a mickey mouse competition for second rate county players

So Peter Kelly - All-Star corner-back is a second rate county player then????

JJ - things haven't changed. Daryl will be v lucky to play any part against Dublin, although he hasn't been ruled out yet until they see how he does this week. Johnny continues to work on his hamstring injury.
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Ok lads I've had to tidy this thread up as it was going completely of the rails. Please stick to the topic.
There is a club thread for this kind of debate.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Dublin have been dealt another defensive blow with confirmation that Philly McMahon will miss the Leinster GAA Football Championship semi-final clash with Kildare on Sunday week.

McMahon suffered medial ligament damage in his right knee in the win over Laois on June 5 and is facing up to six weeks on the sidelines.

Should the Dubs advance to the Leinster GAA Football Championship final, McMahon is also in danger of missing the July 10 encounter.

The Ballymun star was treated for the injury in the first half of the Laois game, but continued after he had a bandage applied to the knee. It was only afterwards that a scan revealed the exact nature of the injury.

The news comes in the same week that last years captain Paul Griffin was ruled out for the rest of the season after aggravating a knee injury.

Paul Brogan and Paul Conlon are expected to battle it out for a starting place against the Lilywhites.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:45 am

speaking to a player on the kildare panel they are not expecting johnny doyle to be fully fit for the dub match, bad enough hamstring injury and usually take at very minimum 3-4 weeks to heal.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:02 am

fat full forward wrote:
speaking to a player on the kildare panel they are not expecting johnny doyle to be fully fit for the dub match, bad enough hamstring injury and usually take at very minimum 3-4 weeks to heal.

Ah F**K, in fairness I never heard anyone recover from a hamstring injury in two weeks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:18 am

It really depends in the severity of the injury. Whether it's a grade 1,2 or 3 strain.

If it's a really bad tear your looking at 4-6 weeks.

One thing with hamstrings is that your either fit to play or your not. There is no strapping up or pain killing injections that will get you through the game. I imagine he'll be given right up until throw in.

If he is out, we need to plan without him and it's probably about time someone stood up now and start to take control of things. We can't always look to Johnny. He's 33 after all.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:24 am

[quote="fionnmccool"]It really depends in the severity of the injury. Whether it's a grade 1,2 or 3 strain.

If it's a really bad tear your looking at 4-6 weeks.

One thing with hamstrings is that your either fit to play or your not. There is no strapping up or pain killing injections that will get you through the game. I imagine he'll be given right up until throw in.

If he is out, we need to plan without him and it's probably about time someone stood up now and start to take control of things. We can't always look to Johnny. He's 33 after all.[/quote]

If ever there was a chance to put to bed this myth that we are a one man team and no natural footballers now is the chance - step forward Leper, Kav, Smith and Co!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:28 am

affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:32 am

Where did I say we were a one man team chopper?!

I'm not talking about individual performances I'm talking about actual leadership on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 am

Fionn don't think Chopper was having a pop @ you - I think he was having a pop at the precieved Media opinion that Kildare are a 1 man team.

If JD does not make it - so be it. He would be a huge loss no doubt. We had hysteria on the forum when Flynn was ruled out against Wicklow and we came through just fine (.. and please dont start saying there is a big difference between JD and Flynn or a big difference between Wicklow and Dublin - I am well aware of this).

We have players capable of winning this game with or without JD - it would just be easier to win it with the great man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Injuries for sunday
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next