Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Injuries for sunday

Go down 
+31
kartman
SamMaguire
tomcruise
KILL BILL
FearBan
Big Full Back
bag of white
Frankel
Admin3
ChopperDalton
Fear An Geata
daracill
kickingking
Stonecold
jj
GaaHead
Ogie
flourman
topcat
CluabĂș
Derfil
MD
TheBigFullForward
carburyman
walsheman
stanley
overthebar
Lily8
Oneill
Sam1928
abl
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:03 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
Where did I say we were a one man team chopper?!

I'm not talking about individual performances I'm talking about actual leadership on the pitch.

Sorry Fionn wasnt getting a dig at you it was at the media and their view of us!
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:18 pm

I actually think it is easier to play midfield with a slight hamstring strain than corner forward/corner back as midfield is more a case of perpetual motion than going from a standing start to a sprint like corner forward.

Still though if he's not fully right I would rather he wasn't risked because we will have at least 1 more game this year win, lose or draw on Sunday week.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:27 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
If he is out, we need to plan without him and it's probably about time someone stood up now and start to take control of things. We can't always look to Johnny. He's 33 after all.

Exactly what I'm saying Fionn... Of course he'd be a big loss but like last year Dermot Earley went off after 5 mins and we thought that was it and look what happened. I'd be gutted like anyone else to see J D miss out... But records don't reflect hard luck stories. Winners are remembered....
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:56 pm

was told it wasnt to serious,this is a big blow!!
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 pm

No one seems to know loads are saying its not serious others saying its looking dodgey,would wish someone from the team itself would say something!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Where's Fone when you need him!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:22 am

Don't recall any commentator saying Kildare are a one-man team - would have been a ridiculous statement if it was and no-one that has seen Kildare since 2009 would be saying that... to be fair, no-one that has been watching Kildare since Earley and Doyle were in the one team could possibly say it!!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:42 am

Wow - you've never heard it said that the only natural footballer Kildare have is Johnny Doyle.

I'm blue in the face listening to it - and I believe there is a thread dedicated to such comments.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:02 am

right - no, I never heard it. Like, when Kildare were crap, he was Kildare's best player but there was Dermot. Funny the term you use for Johnny though 'natural'.... I wouldn't have used that term at all. I think he is a testament to what hard work can do. That will be interpreted as an insult once again because people view hard work as negative. But I would consider Johnny of the last three years a considerably superior operator to the Johnny of 25, not to mention Johnny of 20. So I wouldn't call him 'natural'... I think Jimmers is fairly 'natural' and nuxer was pure 'natural'.... but anyway, it seems I must get out in the world more, cos I say, I haven't heard anyone saying Kildare are a one-man team. It certainly isn't said in that article in that thread you're referring to.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:25 am

john doyle will be grand for sunday week!!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 am

ManBearPig wrote:
john doyle will be grand for sunday week!!
You seem confident there manbearpig ! Have you an insight that you want to share with us ? Please share if you do cos I Wont sleep right for the next 10 nights unless I get some assurances on the great man's well being !
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Where did you hear that Manbearpig
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Went looking for info this morning, someone on Res dubs said they were talking to Kildare Physio and Johny will be fine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Good work Chopper, well done and thanks for this, I'm checking this every hour on the hour for the latest on JD, it is that important!, please keep the updates coming, that goes for all the usual reliable sources, Fone, manbearpig, let us know how Johnny is doing in training etc
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Folks

As most of us know many of the players on the panel , I think it would be difficult to comment on things within.You meet these lads or hang out with them and they tell you some things in confidence and there is no point in coming on here and telling the nation.What if the Dubs or the media are looking in ? It is not fair on the players.Best thing is to wait and see what happens and keep our powder dry.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Lads talking to a few of the players last night,and i did ask how JD was,Would be good friends with them,and a few do look in on the forum from time to time.One player did say about jd,but i promised him i wouldn't say anything on here,so i would have to agree with tom cruise,we will wait and see on Thursday 23th June when the team is named..
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:52 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Folks

As most of us know many of the players on the panel , I think it would be difficult to comment on things within.You meet these lads or hang out with them and they tell you some things in confidence and there is no point in coming on here and telling the nation.What if the Dubs or the media are looking in ? It is not fair on the players.Best thing is to wait and see what happens and keep our powder dry.

Quite true tc, lets not give to much of the game away. If you have a little info and want to share it maybe a PM would be the best way for the next while for the sake of the huge effort that the squad and management have put in . General info that is out in the public domain has no such worries.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:56 pm

Well said Admin3
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:07 pm

here here,

PM me with any info ye have. I'll keep it to myself,

Cheers,

P. Gilroy

Ah no, in seriousness, I agree. JD is that important to the Kildare team this info should be kept in house. Here's hoping for a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Have the players been told to keep a similar vow of silence? Already on this thread, people have said they've been talking to players and been told this and that. Surely if they want to keep things in house then they're the starting point.

Loose lips sink ships and all that....
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:38 pm

SamMaguire

Ah now Sam.They are our friends etc. and the last thing we want to be doing is getting them in trouble. IMO , there is no vow of silence but these lads are as focused as you can get.Roll on Sunday week.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Daryl Flynn is back training this week according to the Examiner.

No news is good news as far as JD is concerned. He was at the press morning in Hawkfield yesterday so you'd assume that if he was a major doubt, it would be all over today's papers.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Very true KK,thats what I was thinnking. If Daryl Flynn trains over the next week and is fit enough to play next Sunday I'd have him starting.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:34 pm

MD wrote:
Very true KK,thats what I was thinnking. If Daryl Flynn trains over the next week and is fit enough to play next Sunday I'd have him starting.

Doyle and Lynch havent put a foot wrong yet in Midfield, so wouldnt rush Flynn back unless he is 100%.

Philly McMahon is out for them so full back line for them is a bit weaker, JD (Allowing Flynn play mid), Smith or even Dowling could do some damabe there.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Daryl Flynn has made a full return to training ahead of Kildare's Leinster SFC semi-final against Dublin on Sunday week.

Flynn missed both of Kildare's wins in the Leinster Championship to date against Wicklow and Meath, having damaged an ankle in training on the Thursday prior to the first round match against Wicklow.

Lilywhites boss Kieran McGeeney has confirmed that the Moorefield clubman has been training and could be considered for selection.

"Daryl is back doing a bit of training now, doing a couple of bits and pieces. Everybody is sort of getting towards it. They are not there yet but hopefully they will be," explained McGeeney.

When quizzed about whether Flynn would have a starting role for the semi-final tussle, he said that the talented midfielder is certainly pushing hard for a place.

"It's hard to say. You know Daryl yourself and he is not exactly soft. He has it in his head that he'll be right so that's good enough for me. We'll just see what way he goes."

Kildare captain John Doyle injured his hamstring in training last week and sat out last Sunday's challenge match win over Down in Newry.

McGeeney confirmed that there are no other fresh injury concerns, with just those on the long term list currently ruled out for the date with the Dubs.

"We just have our usual long-term injuries, Dermot (Earley), Ken (Donnelly) and Peter Kelly are still there," he added.

The short injury list is certainly a relief for the Lilywhites after they came through a tough encounter with Down last weekend.

They used 31 players over the course of the game which ended in a 1-11 to 0-11 win for McGeeney's men. Nurney clubman Mikey Conway was influential up front, finishing with a 1-02 tally.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/flynn-back-training-with-kildare-509079.html#ixzz1PLNAsOLf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Injuries for sunday
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next