Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Injuries for sunday

Go down 
+31
kartman
SamMaguire
tomcruise
KILL BILL
FearBan
Big Full Back
bag of white
Frankel
Admin3
ChopperDalton
Fear An Geata
daracill
kickingking
Stonecold
jj
GaaHead
Ogie
flourman
topcat
CluabĂș
Derfil
MD
TheBigFullForward
carburyman
walsheman
stanley
overthebar
Lily8
Oneill
Sam1928
abl
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:52 pm

I heard this morning that willie heff haf done his cruiate but must not be true or geezer would have said there.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:43 am

jj wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:
john doyle will be grand for sunday week!!
You seem confident there manbearpig ! Have you an insight that you want to share with us ? Please share if you do cos I Wont sleep right for the next 10 nights unless I get some assurances on the great man's well being !
no a few people involved with senior set up and heard from them,wether he will last the whole game is a different story though
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:17 am

supersub wrote:
I heard this morning that willie heff haf done his cruiate but must not be true or geezer would have said there.

he did it alright, big blow for his club, the amount of kildare players doing their cruciates is alarming and cannot be down to pure coincidence, maybe its one of the prices to pay for having such a fit panel.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:33 am

fat full forward wrote:
supersub wrote:

he did it alright, big blow for his club, the amount of kildare players doing their cruciates is alarming and cannot be down to pure coincidence, maybe its one of the prices to pay for having such a fit panel.
alot actually being blamed on the boots there wearing,bad blow for him though,very disappointing!!
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:39 am

That's awful if he did his cruciate. Only after getting Conway back and now Heffernan will be gone. Nurney aren't having much luck. It's scary the amount of players that are doing their cruciates alright. Kildare have definitely had their fair share of them over the last few years!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:12 am

fat full forward wrote:
supersub wrote:

Yet another club fucked for the year without there main man!

Typical Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:39 am

very hard luck on big heff if its true that he done his cruciate, he might have his fair share of critics on here and from hurler's on the ditch but i can tell you one thing thats for sure you wont find a more commited man to the kildare cause and his clubs cause and the juniors will miss him badly also..... he's been the bud of many bad comments over the last while but i for one wish him the best in his recovery and hope its not long before he plays again..............
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:44 am

Ah jaysus another player victimised by cruciate damage. best of luck Willie on the long road to recovery.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:00 am

gutting for Willie given the years and time he has ploughed into the Kildare set-up for very little reward
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:15 pm

happened in friendly match against down when he really should have been playing club championship along with the rest of his county team mates.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:24 pm

fat full forward wrote:
happened in friendly match against down when he really should have been playing club championship along with the rest of his county team mates.

Ah give it a rest FFS.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Hopefully the lads win the Leinster against Cavan and he has a medal to show for all his hard work.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 pm

one wonders what sort reaction there would be if willie herfs injury happened with his club in a meaningless challenge game and not with county team in a meaningless challenge game......would have to question why he was playing the first place seen that the juniors are in the leinster final and also that he has got very little game time so far this year with the senior squad..... scratch
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:49 pm

That's Flynn, johnny and heff who have picked up injuries of varying degrees at training or in challenge matches recently. Maybe the players would be safer back at the clubs!
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:50 pm

"Meaningless challenge game."
The fact is, if it were meaningless it wouldn't be played. The result may be meaningless but the game itself isn't. Challenge matches, as part of inter-county preparation, serve several positive purposes. If they didn't they wouldn't be happening.
And a similar injury could be picked up in a club game - it's unfortunate but some posters make it sound like it's almost deliberate.
Best of luck to Willie with the recovery.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:54 pm

TheBigFullForward wrote:
That's Flynn, johnny and heff who have picked up injuries of varying degrees at training or in challenge matches recently. Maybe the players would be safer back at the clubs!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:15 pm

I think this forum has just about enough of the Club v County bitchfest now.
This thread was for discussing injuries not trying to gain points in a slagging match. Anymore of it and it's bye bye for that poster.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:59 pm

overthebar wrote:
very hard luck on big heff if its true that he done his cruciate, he might have his fair share of critics on here and from hurler's on the ditch but i can tell you one thing thats for sure you wont find a more commited man to the kildare cause and his clubs cause and the juniors will miss him badly also..... he's been the bud of many bad comments over the last while but i for one wish him the best in his recovery and hope its not long before he plays again..............

Well said, Hope he has a speedy recovery, very tough luck on Nurney after just getting Mikey back.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 am

I think there's a debate to be had there because it's a massive issue and people who defend clubs aren't necessarily lambasting the county but here isn't the thread obviously.

Johnny is training tonight apparently, and Daryl having been doing "bits and pieces" according to what I read from Geezer during the week, could be stepping it up too.

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=1145
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:02 am

SHOCK HORROR!
Ogie, I just read Daragh's blog and it appears the match has been brought forward:
"Further good news for Kieran McGeeney is that Daryl Flynn should also take part in tonight's session in a bid to be available for the Leinster semi-final against Dublin tonight." bounce
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:22 am

Ogie wrote:
I think there's a debate to be had there because it's a massive issue and people who defend clubs aren't necessarily lambasting the county but here isn't the thread obviously.

Ogie I don't have a problem with debate as that is what the forum is for, but every thread at some point lately has descended into a slag fest. If you want to go hammer and tongs at it by all means go ahead but only in the Club thread.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:17 am

That really is a shame for big Heff. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
SHOCK HORROR!
Ogie, I just read Daragh's blog and it appears the match has been brought forward:
"Further good news for Kieran McGeeney is that Daryl Flynn should also take part in tonight's session in a bid to be available for the Leinster semi-final against Dublin tonight." bounce

Jesus I missed it.... what was the result?! Hope we won... are we celebrating a Leinster final?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:38 am

Admin3 wrote:
Ogie wrote:

Ogie I don't have a problem with debate as that is what the forum is for, but every thread at some point lately has descended into a slag fest. If you want to go hammer and tongs at it by all means go ahead but only in the Club thread.

It's just cos it's a huge issue and many of the topics relate to that issue. Fixtures, the county, the county executive, etc. To call it a bitch fest was a bit demeaning I thought, and while I accept that you want to confine it to its own thread as much as possible, I don't think it can be confined to a club thread.
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Ogie wrote:
Admin3 wrote:
Ogie wrote:

It's just cos it's a huge issue and many of the topics relate to that issue. Fixtures, the county, the county executive, etc. To call it a bitch fest was a bit demeaning I thought, and while I accept that you want to confine it to its own thread as much as possible, I don't think it can be confined to a club thread.

Bitchfest is a the perfect word for the forum over the last two months. Lads don't want to discuss, they want to throw cheap shots in the middle of as many threads as possible. This thread is a perfect example. At the end of the day we will just have to agree to disagree but since myself and the other Admins have to continually clean up one thread after another we'll go with the keeping everything in the one place. If posters can't stick to that then we'll have to have a look.

Right lets get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Injuries for sunday   New Injuries for sunday - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Injuries for sunday
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next