Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ? Empty
PostSubject: Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ?   Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ? Icon_minitime25th August 2011, 4:20 pm

Quote :
Two matter of fact comments made to me recently got me thinking about how luchy us Kerry folk are.

The first came from a good friend of mine from Cavan who said that twas a great year for Cavan football followers. Their under 21s had reached the final of the U21 football championship and they "had a good few days out following them". They even got to bring the famous blue of Cavan to Croke Park.

The second comment came from my 14 year old on the way home from Croke Park last Sunday. "It just wasnt the year last year without Kerry in the All Ireland".

She couldnt recall a year when Kerry werent in it.

I though it would be a nice way of building up slowly to the big day if posters could post up random memories from previous finals.

Keep them short and snappy.

I'll start it off.

Read more: http://kerrygaa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3930&page=1#ixzz1W3QFh3mB
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ?   Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ? Icon_minitime25th August 2011, 7:35 pm

I would see it more as supremely confident in their teams abilities. It's something that Kildare could do with. That swagger and attitude of "we are better than you". I admire them for it.
Lets be honest, they have every right to be cocky. We would be the same given half a chance and a decent Ref.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ?   Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ? Icon_minitime26th August 2011, 7:45 am

I wouldn't worry too much about them Tom. Despite all their success they have one of the poorest supporter turnouts in the country. One thing we do have is massive genuine support.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ?   Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ? Icon_minitime26th August 2011, 4:06 pm

Ah f that Peile. Id rather have their success than their support.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ?   Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ? Icon_minitime26th August 2011, 4:13 pm

one comes from the other - they're used to being there, they can't help it. Two years without winning an All-Ireland is a famine. That's just how it is. They'd utterly sicken ya, the way a Man United fan would sicken a Millwall fan but they have a monopoly on the thing. And that's why they're poorly supported, because lads are waiting for the All-Ireland.
I remember being at a hurling All-Ireland, 2003 it was, and half the Kilkenny supporters were gone before the Cup was presented. And it was DJ Carey, one of their legends, their longest serving player collecting it! But they'd seen what they came to see, Kilkenny winning another All-Ireland. And they weren't even top of the roll of honour at that stage.
To be fair to Kerry, at least they have a half-decent hurling team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ?   Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Kerry GAA supporters cocky or downright sickening ?
Page 1 of 1