Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jack sheedy

Go down 
+28
Moorefieldbhoy
BelieveToAchieve
Come on the Boys in Blue
Taibi
walsheman
jj
Bān go Lēir
johnsmyth
Highball
Derfil
losthope
tomcruise
kickingking
Ohtoohtobe
lastline
overthebar
le hit in
GaaHead
if_in_doubt
Ogie
Lily8
bag of white
realmoore
centreback
ohluckyme
denlaw
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

jack sheedy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks centreback I'll leave it at that (the thread is supposed to be about Jack Sheedy)now think I've made my point and I'll have to just agree to disagree with all the lads who'd welcome him with open arms. I'm never going to not support Kildare, but silverware would mean more with 15 Kildare lads on the team I reckon.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:31 am

by the way where is bricktamland i`d like to hear your answer to the points that have been put across the last 3 pages
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:10 am

Every individual case is different with different circumstances and fall outs and reasons for players wanting or having to move...
I don't think mcnamee will look to leave Offaly. He can't just stick a transfer request in and say " Offaly county board are a shambles" as his reason for transfer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:12 am

Jimmy white wrote:
Every individual case is different with different circumstances and fall outs and reasons for players wanting or having to move...
I don't think mcnamee will look to leave Offaly. He can't just stick a transfer request in and say " Offaly county board are a shambles" as his reason for transfer

He doesn't have to put in a transfer request if he's living and working in Kildare. It's then an intercounty transfer and cannot be blocked.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:08 am

We could do a swap, say give Offaly Alan Smith and Ken Donnelly for McNamee? Wink
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:55 am

Taibi wrote:
We could do a swap, say give Offaly Alan Smith and Ken Donnelly for McNamee? Wink

Try get McManus as well will ya Taibi, be handy for the long range frees...
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Howya centreback,

Nothing that has been said has changed my opinion. In my mind moving to a neigburing county becasue you are unhappy with your own county board is not the right thing to do. He gets his place on the side, is an offaly hero, work commintments dont appear to be an issue so there is very little merit in supporting this move?

How would you feel if John Doyle left and went to Dublin or Meath because he didnt support the county set up. Devastated.

As a matter of interest, does anyone think it would be possible to give the commintment to the current Kildare set up if you lived/worked in Galway Cork or Belfast. Just wondering how many of our lads live or work in Kildare or Dublin. It would have to be the vast majority of them.

Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:24 pm

[quote="Ogie"]
I do think exonerating the Brian Lacey recruitment on geography is a bit fresh. Tipp isn't too far away. And he was able to go back to them.
/quote]

Dont know what the journey time to Tip is now, probably not much mroe than an hour with the bypass most of the way, but I say it was close to double that when Lacy was playing for us, the section through Laois was only finished fairly recently...just saying.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:26 am

By the way lads Brian Lacey was working in Dublin when he played with Kildare
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:04 am

yeah, spot on O2, Niall Browne is no issue because he wasn't wanted so good luck to him. Like Ray Houghton, John Aldridge and half the Irish team of the 1990 World Cup that is so revered in this country I might add!

As for Lacey, he might have been working in Dublin and it might have been a two-hour journey.... but plenty of lads do it. Shorty travelled home from Scotland all last year. Ciaran McManus has regularly done it for Offaly from mainland Europe. But I would understand completely how that would wear you down.

Anyway, I wouldn't be watching this space with any great eagle-eyedness(real word)
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:25 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/Niallers15

That's the end of that then!

Who next for the silly season? My money is on Colm Parkinson. He's clearly the type of player that Kildare are sorely missing......
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:05 am

Still not rejoining the Offaly panel though, big blow to their chances.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:07 am

There are some rumours doing the rounds about mcnamee and his brother. I think this has more to do with him stepping down from offaly panel more than wanting to move to another county. I hope for his sake these rumours are not true or no county would want to see him coming.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:18 am

take a look at todays indo. another lad with gambling issues. there will be more on him to come. not nice for him. hope he recovers and gets back on track. good footballer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jack sheedy
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4