Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Allianz NFL 2012

Go down 
+24
TommyKeegan
parcel
White Bridge
bloodsub
Ogie
Sam1928
Lily8
flourman
Frankel
Derfil
Taibi
if_in_doubt
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
kickingking
learmus
tomcruise
Highball
jj
topcat
walsheman
rgb
carra2323
Come on the Boys in Blue
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Allianz NFL 2012 Div 1 & Div 2 Winners
Dublin
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Kerry
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Cork
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 12 ]
Mayo
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Other
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Kildare
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 20 ]
Tyrone
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Meath
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Galway
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Other
Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 60

AuthorMessage
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Derfil wrote:
Agree with that Rex. Two home fixtures and four away. I don't see any benefit for Kildare in this.

if we were playing tyrone in croke park it can only be good for us as we will surely be blooding some younger players and the experience of playing in croker will surely help them. Not too many championship matches played in newbridge.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm

If this is indeed played in Croker and it is deemed a home game - will club kildare members get in for free?
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:43 pm

Quote :

That's the problem I have. It is a home fixture, we should not be giving up any homes games to suit the money men. This will only leave two games in Newbridge, which I don't agree with at all. Tyrone will be the biggest threat to our chances of promotion and giving up home advantage is something we would be fools to do.

Well said. Any "home" game we get should be in Newbridge. If it's in Croke Park and we've only two in Newbridge this year it's a bit of a joke.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:38 am

Playing our home league game against Tyrone in Croke Park. What a bloody joke. Thats someone on a windup surely.

So much wrong with that its unreal.

As for the fairness of home and away :

From 2002 to 2012 (10 years) Kildare have only had 3 years from that 10 when they had 4 games at home instead of 3. That was 2011, 2007 and 2005.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:59 am

Sam1928 wrote:

As for the fairness of home and away :

From 2002 to 2012 (10 years) Kildare have only had 3 years from that 10 when they had 4 games at home instead of 3. That was 2011, 2007 and 2005.

That's a shocking statistic and scandalous that the CB allowed it.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:09 am

Lily4Life wrote:
Quote :

That's the problem I have. It is a home fixture, we should not be giving up any homes games to suit the money men. This will only leave two games in Newbridge, which I don't agree with at all. Tyrone will be the biggest threat to our chances of promotion and giving up home advantage is something we would be fools to do.

Well said. Any "home" game we get should be in Newbridge. If it's in Croke Park and we've only two in Newbridge this year it's a bit of a joke.

But what if the income means that the county will be able to afford to prepare the team in the manner to which is expected without bankrupting itself or without every other part of the association (development squads etc) having to do without or having its funding cut? Surely that'd be a fair trade-off for whatever advantage there might be in getting a couple of points in the poxy league. And then, there is teh young lads getting CP experience, even if the atmosphere will be very different to summer championship.

The only negative I can see is it might prevent some people getting to see Kildare. But, in the real world, and in the preparation of inter-county teams, particularly those of Kildare's standing now, money, very definitely, talks.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:46 am

Few pints in the big tree beforehand, watch 4 of the main contenders for sam in their openiing league game, head to coppers after and get the aircoach home, I'm warming nicely to this idea! Other than that, Galway away in April is the only game to get excited about.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:53 am

Jaysus lads I don't see a whole lot wrong with it at all...........at least we'd be able to go for a piss in comfort!
All joking aside it's not like Droichead Nua is a fortress any more.........in fact in recent years it seems to stifle our play more than anything. IMO our best league performances over the last couple of years have taken place on big open away pitches - Casement and Semple.......albeit not aginst the strongest opposition around but you get the drift..............for instance Derry ckoked the life out of us in last years league match?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:03 am

I'd be all for going to Croker in Feb. It would be a fantastic opening to the League Campaign.

As was said Newbridge is not a fortress and wide open spaces of Croker will suit us.

As far as I'm aware the bulk of the League receipts go back to the GAA anyways.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:55 am

well what a night of gaa action that night going to be , the 4 febuary cannot come fast enough , and last league game with a long weekend in galway ,
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:04 am

I'd say there'll be more Kildare fans in croker that nite than there would be in newbridge on a Sunday for it... lot of bandwagoners will just go for the session. Myself included..
I hate watching Kildare in newbridge.. The pitch is too narrow...
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:59 am

Agree on the Newbridge thing, it's not a fortress anymore you just have to look at the average teams that have beaten us there in recent years.

We are one of the fittest teams in the country so Croker suits us, the CB really need to have a look at St. Conleths, no two ways about it it's a kip, one of the worst in the country!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Well I wont be going all the way up to Croke Park on Feb 4th with all the costs that come with that.

I think its a stupid idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
Well I wont be going all the way up to Croke Park on Feb 4th with all the costs that come with that.

I think its a stupid idea.

What costs might they be exactly sam? Tickets will be league prices in the same as Newbridge I would imagine.

Altogether you will be travelling and extra 114kms to go to Croke Park from Newbridge.

Worse Case scenario if you drive a petrol car thats an extra €20 fuel. Ham Sandwiches and tea out of the boot. A chance to see Kildare in Croker under lights on a Saturday evening.

Clean up your toys by the way, they are all over the floor.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Dunno why people insult each other when they have a difference of opinion....

Anyway, I don't care one way or the other... I stand corrected then on the receipts thing Fionn, I thought the home team would get some percentage but I could be wrong, it's more something I assumed than anything.

I also, definitely agree that St Conleth's doesn't suit this Kildare team. We have been stifled there regularly in recent years, while playing a lovely open brand of football in other, bigger pitches, most notably Tullamore, Celtic Park and Croker of course. We'd probably have a better chance of beating Tyrone in Croker than Newbridge, although as I've said, before, at that stage of the year, I'd be more interested in them just blowing out the cobwebs and the likes of Hurley, Dowling, Moolick getting a sustained run and, Eaton, Reynolds, Mulhall getting some game time, and working on getting a settled midfield pairing. That's all much more important, in my opinion, than promotion.

I'll definitely be there anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:37 pm

I didnt mean to insult Sam in my post Ogie if thats insinuating.

I can see where he is coming from, it will cost extra for the Trek to Croker, but in saying that you will get the Dublin/Kerry game also under lights in Croker on a Saturday. I imagine there will be half time entertainment, Hopefully Jedward.

I was at the Cork/Dublin League game last year and it was a great spectacle and a good game.

The fact that its in Croker will drive the lads a little harder over the next few months to be on that panel for the first League game in Feb, that can be only good.

Whether its in Newbridge or Croker I will be there.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:03 pm

It looks like the Health&Safety crowd are going to reduce the capacity of Newbridge to 4.000, given that a lot more than 4,000 will want to see this game, I think bringing it to Croker is a fantastic idea.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Not that I need to justify my reasons but anyway , Its a huge pain in the hole going to Croke Park. €20 petrol , probably at least another €10 parking. €15 in even without a pre match pint. Thats just the money aspect pushing €50 without even a pint or a bit of grub. Then its the hours needed to get up there and get home afterwards Hour and a half to 2 hrs before and 2 hrs after game.

Very hard to justify for a family man with small kids.

In newbridge €15 into game. There in 20 minutes and home in half an hour. Sweet.

Its a joke and two fingers up to a lot of fans. Sorry we cant all be uber fans like some but in my workplace with half a dozen Kildare fans not one of us will be going whereas we all would have gone to the game in Newbridge. The others think its stupid.

Jaysus, can people not have different opinions without stupid digs.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Where ever it is I'll be there, but the thing I like about the League is the actual games in Newbridge. Yes it's a decrepit run down place but I love watching games there. I love leaving the house twenty fives minutes before throw in and be back twenty five minutes after. Never mind the hassle driving into Dublin brings. I enjoy going to "my spot" and seeing the same faces as usual. I like the atmosphere, I like having the rest of the day to do something as it's not taken up travelling back and forth.

Basically I like games in Newbridge because they are not in Croke Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
Not that I need to justify my reasons but anyway , Its a huge pain in the hole going to Croke Park. €20 petrol , probably at least another €10 parking. €15 in even without a pre match pint. Thats just the money aspect pushing €50 without even a pint or a bit of grub. Then its the hours needed to get up there and get home afterwards Hour and a half to 2 hrs before and 2 hrs after game.

Very hard to justify for a family man with small kids.

In newbridge €15 into game. There in 20 minutes and home in half an hour. Sweet.

Its a joke and two fingers up to a lot of fans. Sorry we cant all be uber fans like some but in my workplace with half a dozen Kildare fans not one of us will be going whereas we all would have gone to the game in Newbridge. The others think its stupid.

Jaysus, can people not have different opinions without stupid digs.

From Urban Dictionary:

An ardent music enthusiast; one who loves music, has a large CD (and possibly vinyl LP) collection, and attends live performances at every opportunity, often on very short notice. Willing to travel great distances to catch a show, and frequently will attend the same concert on consecutive nights. The uber fan is not tied to any one genre (ie: rock and roll, country, rap etc.) or artist (ie: Train, Elton John, Lil Wayne) but rather prefers to enjoy a wide variety of music, all of which can be found on an ipod that is never far from reach. One cannot, however, be an "uber fan" of opera, or classical music. The uber fan does not perform sexual favors, (see groupie), but instead believes it is the artists and performers themselves who are fortunate to have such loyal followers. The uber fan mantra: "shut up and sing".

I'm more of a groupie than uber fan, i'm willing to perform sexual favours.

If what topcat is saying and that the capacity of St Conleths is going to be reduced to 4,000 we're going to have to get us to it or upgrade.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:22 am

Few things lads. Are we speculating on something completely unfounded? Haven't heard or read a word about this anywhere but here.

Secondly, if it is a double-header with Kerry-Dublin I'd imagine it'll be around 30 quid rather than a tenner although I'd be very much on for it and not exactly rolling in money?

Thirdly I always thought that counties revenue was through the league and that most of gate receipts were kept by the counties playing and it was why county boards want to cling onto the league, the same way provincial councils want to cling onto provincial championships but I'm very much open to correction?

Finally I do love the Irish attitude of questioning the price of everything. Was talking about this the other night with some friends. People would complain about the price of anything from 20 quid petrol to 10 euro extra on match ticket to a meal being a fiver cheaper down the road and afterwards go out and spend 100 quid on booze on a Saturday night. (Don't take that last point too seriously folks, I know times are tough etc...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 am

I was told about this from the same source that told me about Anthony Rainbow going to Carlow story which turned out to be true.

Its from a fairly reliable source I must add, but they did say there's talks of it and nothing has been set in stone.

The fixture itself is down for a Saturday so the latest it could take place would be 4/5pm if it were to be in Conleths. Up until these set of fixtures Kildare played no home games in the League on a Saturday, open to correction on that one.

The only other place it could be within Kildare on a Saturday evening is Athy, but you'll have lads giving out about that also and it wouldn't have the capacity for a game like this.

Last year in the League due to a bomb scare in Omagh, the match was moved at the last minute to Dungannon and the pitch was abysmal,small which certainly suited them coupled with the fact the they beat us 0-13 to 0-05 and humiliated us in the second half I would be in favour of us beating them.

Ideally I really would love the County Board to do something with Conleths Park but simply the money is not there.

Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:05 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Few things lads. Are we speculating on something completely unfounded? Haven't heard or read a word about this anywhere but here.

Secondly, if it is a double-header with Kerry-Dublin I'd imagine it'll be around 30 quid rather than a tenner although I'd be very much on for it and not exactly rolling in money?

Thirdly I always thought that counties revenue was through the league and that most of gate receipts were kept by the counties playing and it was why county boards want to cling onto the league, the same way provincial councils want to cling onto provincial championships but I'm very much open to correction?

Finally I do love the Irish attitude of questioning the price of everything. Was talking about this the other night with some friends. People would complain about the price of anything from 20 quid petrol to 10 euro extra on match ticket to a meal being a fiver cheaper down the road and afterwards go out and spend 100 quid on booze on a Saturday night. (Don't take that last point too seriously folks, I know times are tough etc...)

People question prices Tommy when they dont see the value of the product corresponding to the price being charged.

If more of us had done this over the last 10 years maybe we'd all be a bit better off than we are now.

What it would cost me in terms of money and precious hours doesnt correspond to the product Im being offered. Thats my opinion and nobody should be derided for that. Ive no problem with guys who think its a great idea. Fair play but likewise we're not all in the same boat and taking this out of newbridge does affect some fans. Thats my point. Simple as that. No need to add anymore. We'll see what the attendance will be on the night especially as its likely to be on TG4 as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:47 am

Last edited by fionnmccool on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:48 am

topcat wrote:
It looks like the Health&Safety crowd are going to reduce the capacity of Newbridge to 4.000, given that a lot more than 4,000 will want to see this game, I think bringing it to Croker is a fantastic idea.

Is there a source on that?

Nothing would surprise me with the H&S crowd. The crowd at all the big recent championship matches at Newbridge have been accomodated comfortably. Going back ten years we have played the following at home - Donegal (2001), Offaly (2004), Cavan (2006), Louth (2007), Cavan (2008), Antrim & Leitrim (2009). I can't recall overcrowding or anything like it at any one of those matches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL 2012   Allianz NFL 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allianz NFL 2012
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next