Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testing times

Go down 
+29
Jimmy winning matches
Come on the Boys in Blue
if_in_doubt
flourman
cilldara
mrblobby
swingfly
lilywhites on tour
Dual
Ohtoohtobe
wingback
rgb
tomcruise
Admin3
Derfil
Big Full Back
lastline
kickingking
Stonecold
parcel
topcat
Fear An Geata
Rex
SeamusMurphy
losthope
Frankel
BelieveToAchieve
Loads of Pints
TommyKeegan
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Gentlemen, read back, I was very careful not to make any insinuations or accusations because such remarks would be libel but I will stand by my remarks and say he was a high-ranking member of the most corrupt government in this nation's history. And nor am I going to be tempted into such libel remarks by baiting. If you can't see what's been going on at government level in Ireland over the last 10 years, then there's no point in me wasting my time talking you through it step by step because the brain washing in the local cumann has worked well and for life. And talk of a ban? Jesus lads, Fianna Fail weren't in power long enough to censor thought-out and rational criticism. This isn't Germany circa 1940... yet.

But for the sake of avoiding a slagging match that admin referred to, let me reiterate my opposition for specific reasons. Sports and politics don't mix at the best of times, so I don't like mixing with members of our darkest period of politics. I don't think he's qualified on the basis he's never had to deal with debt, only simple hand outs which he did poorly for the general good of society when we were awash with money. I don't like my county team being associated with a Fianna Fail party that ruined this country and a lot of sensible friends from elsewhere have already began to slag and look down on me for being a Kildare supporter at a time when he is involved. Also, and at at a very basic level, I don't think too many potential business donations to the county board would like to be associated with going through a Fianna Fail minister. That era is thankfully over, we should not be resurrecting it.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 pm

so he was a member of a party that led the country to ruins that disqualifies him for the job? also he was working in europe when i would argue most of the damage was done when brian cowan was minister for finance.
you certainly were implicitly implying that he was involved in criminal acts.
are you a member of a political party?
also if your friends are slagging you about being a kildare supporter because mcreevey is involved with kildare i think you should consider starting to man the f**k up your not 5 i presume.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:04 pm

No I am not a member of a political party. If you think that the damage was just done under Cowen I hope you aren't allowed near a polling booth. And again, all you seem to be able to do is slag, try debating any of my points. He was a high-ranking member of a government that has brought the country to its knees. For that and the other reasons I stated I don't think he should be involved and think it's a poor move by the county board in terms of perception and reputation. And not sure what you consider manning up, but I prefer to debate and I can't argue back with friends when it comes to this one because in my view they are right. We'd have a field day if Dublin turned to Bertie so cut the 'he helped Kildare clubs a lot' crap.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm

i am certainly not slagging tommy keegan, so he was a member of a political party that ruined the country that does not mean that every single member is corrupt or made bad decisions, that would be just tarring everyone with the same brush.
i would like to know once again what policies etc of mcreeveys you disagree with?
also has mcreevey ever been found guilty of being corrupt like a lot of other ff people in land deals etc or any other misdemeanours?
please address the questions
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 pm

As regards his policies, that I don't agree with his brand of economics is irrelevant because these are just opinions. However, he spent plenty of time in a tent in Galway and I find it beyond the bounds of reason that a man intelligent enough to work his way up to Minister of Finance, even in a small nation, didn't have the wherewithal to realise what close friends and fellow cabinet members all the way to the very top were up to for many, many years. It wasn't like he was a backbencher in a poor government, he was second in command essentially in a rotten government and yes, I think given what has come out at various tribunals and what we all know some top members of FF were up to, that should disqualify him from such close association with our county team. It's poorly thought out by the county board and I'm a little embarrassed as a Kildare man that he is now nationally reported as being brought on board, the same way I'd hope any decent-thinking Dub would be ashamed if their county board enlisted the services of Bertie. Of course there's no law against any of this and technically of course he can be involved, but I think it's very, very poor judgement on the part of the county board and it's not nice to see your county holding hands with a man who helped ruin an awful lot of lives.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 pm

so in short there is nothing factual or specific that you can say that he did that was corrupt or led to the downfall of this country.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Lads, go on over to politics.ie and knock yourselves out....
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Nope, nor is there anything I can say when it comes to Bertie or Cowen being corrupt. Top men! (Really, after everything, am I having to get into corruption, FF, tribunals and why I can't write what anyone with a double-figured IQ knows because of libel laws etc?) As for bringing the county to it's downfall, he was there as Minister for Finance when the banking system was deregulated to the point that Anglo, Irish Permanent, AIB and BOI began engaging in practices that has led to a billion of my and your taxes being paid out on a day here and a day there to those very same banks. Plus he was best mates with Bertie yet never knew what was going on? Come on, open your eyes!

Just because he was gone when what he presided over caught up with us doesn't mean he is innocent. In fact it's even more galling that he rode off into the European sunset with no remorse to become part of an undemocratic organisation like the EU. But whatever about Brussels, I reiterate that the above means the county board should cop itself on and not seek the help of his ilk, regardless of how big a Kildare fan he is or what cheque he handed over to Kill GAA club.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:39 pm

RGB, I wish there was no need for this and it was only relevant on politics.ie, but our county board have taken our reputation and opened it up for debate with this, so sadly it is actually now a debate fit for the pages of a Kildare GAA forum.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:45 pm

we will agree to disagree as i feel you have not presented any compelling arguments for him not to be involved with kildare, he has not done anything criminal or been found guilty of corruptness, while he may have made some mistakes not many in my view though, he was one of the main people involved in stimulating the economy in the first place in my view.
kildare have nothing to lose with his involvement in my opinion and good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:51 pm

That's only your opinion, TK. This discussion has long ceased to be about Kildare GAA.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Look I've made my opinion clear. The discussion about his background is directly linked now to Kildare GAA.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:08 pm

We all have to work with people who have different politics than us, TK. It shouldn't stop us getting on with them or working with them, once the politics is irrelevant to the job.

I'm sure there are people in my club who have different politics than me. So what? If they are a committed and active club member, I don't particularly care who they vote for.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:09 pm

rgb wrote:
We all have to work with people who have different politics than us, TK. It shouldn't stop us getting on with them or working with them, once the politics is irrelevant to the job.

I'm sure there are people in my club who have different politics than me. So what? If they are a committed and active club member, I don't particularly care who they vote for.

Completely and totally agree rgb.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Missing point, this isn't about political opinions or the way we vote. It's about corruption.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:25 pm

No, I get your point, and I have responded by saying that an individual's politics (or their political decisions) are not relevant in this situation. Simple enough.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:28 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
It's about corruption.

and he has in no way proved to be corrupt in any shape or form, back it up with some hard evidence tommy keegan or else some slandering the man.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:30 pm

I'm tired repeating myself. I've answered it before so you can read back because I ain't retyping it.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:17 am

I'll make my point again, Michael O'Leary, at the time, was the most anti-FF, anti corruption, is the most successful businessman in Ireland, why would he allow, in your arguement, somebody of that calibre sit on Ryanair board?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:36 am

Bit rough to charge McCreevey with corruption when there's not a shred of evidence of that. Good to see him helping out.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:42 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Bit rough to charge McCreevey with corruption when there's not a shred of evidence of that. Good to see him helping out.

its more than a bit rough, its disgraceful and libelous probably, most counties would be delighted to have the likes of him helping out.
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:10 am

Did the county start the year in deficit? I assume that there is a treasurers report presented at each county board meeting, persumably this problem was foreseen and why on earth wasn't something done about it before it reached such a level.
Kildare GAA employ staff, have creditors etc and financial obligations - it seems reckless to allow it reach such levels
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:05 am

fat full forward wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

its more than a bit rough, its disgraceful and libelous probably, most counties would be delighted to have the likes of him helping out.

Yeah his politics might not match everybody's but you won't do much better in terms of someone to consult about accounting, which I assume is his main role in this instance.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:05 am

McCreevey is and has always been a great supporter of GAA in this county. I think his help would be welcomed by most and he will be of great benefit to the situation.

I suspect that the next person they will ask for a dig out will be pauric mac manus.....
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:26 am

Hard to believe he will do it for free!
Maybe im just a bitter man, yeah thats it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testing times
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next