Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testing times

Go down 
+29
Jimmy winning matches
Come on the Boys in Blue
if_in_doubt
flourman
cilldara
mrblobby
swingfly
lilywhites on tour
Dual
Ohtoohtobe
wingback
rgb
tomcruise
Admin3
Derfil
Big Full Back
lastline
kickingking
Stonecold
parcel
topcat
Fear An Geata
Rex
SeamusMurphy
losthope
Frankel
BelieveToAchieve
Loads of Pints
TommyKeegan
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
swingfly
Junior C
Junior C

Testing times - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 9:46 am

On the contrary Seamus Murphy. I can't see a man who has been such an avid support of Kildare GAA through the years actually asking the county board for a penny. For the purposes of this discussion we must disregard his political record and concentrate solely on his ability to cope with the task at hand. Lets examine the facts. This man came from nothing, worked his way up in life through hard work, earning scholarships along the way. He ran a successful accounting firm for many years and ultimately rose to be the most powerful man in Ireland. This man is no slouch, he's no fool and for that reason and that reason only, I believe his presence can only mean good things for the future of Kildare GAA.
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:58 am

Has anyone got some genuine ideas to help the county get this deficit cleared? Some good fundraising ideas?
Back to top Go down
cilldara
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Perhaps not pay mcgeeney as much as he and a few of his staff are getting Smile
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Why cilldara, how much is McGeeney and his staff getting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:26 am

cilldara wrote:
Perhaps not pay mcgeeney as much as he and a few of his staff are getting Smile

Couple of questions when you come out with a statement like that:

Firstly How much is McGeeney and his staff getting cilldara?

Also what in your opinion should they be paid?

I'd be willing to wager you couldn't name half of his backroom staff.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:39 am

Everyone getting very angry over here because people can't prove stuff but ye are overlooking common sense and what we all know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:42 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Everyone getting very angry over here because people can't prove stuff but ye are overlooking common sense and what we all know!

I'm no going back through the last 4 pages, can you some it up for me in one post please Mr Keegan?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:44 am

Charlie McCreevy is an honest man, who belongs to an honest party, did a great job, never knew a thing about the complete lack of corruption surrounding him, everything that's happened more recently was Cowen's fault and we are not damaging our reputation as a county at all by having him on board. Oh and vote FF.
Back to top Go down
cilldara
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:06 am

well i no he is getting over a 6 figure sum and a few others aren't too far behind
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:37 am

cilldara wrote:
well i no he is getting over a 6 figure sum and a few others aren't too far behind

So you're saying he's getting over €100,000 a year to manage Kildare?

A few others not far behind? So I'd guess these few others are on at least €50,000 per annum as far as you're concerned?

Not a chance.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:38 am

Not talking about McGeeney but you'd be surprised by some of the figures.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:15 am

cilldara wrote:

Source????
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:32 am

kickingking wrote:
cilldara wrote:

Source????

His arse I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:54 am

Sometimes Something are better off left to lay untouched , this is a thread that will definitely explode into catastrophe of untold proportions , let Croke Park figure & sort this out themselves, Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:19 am

mr whyte said that at present he looking for across the board cuts backs of some 33% and notting will escape
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 am

Oh lord, how did I not hear that doozie.. from bad to worse.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:16 pm

I see Mayo owe €10.5 million, I'll repeat that €10,500,000. Mostly for the redevelopment of McHale park that never gets used.

€200,000 is peanuts in comparison. I always say no matter how bad things get there is always someone worse off.

They'll be having cold showers over the Shannon for a few years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Jobs for the boys   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:48 pm

The Kildare county board have brought in two business men that they hope will help to clear the county's massive debt.

The board recently brought in former EU commissioner and Finance Minister Charlie McCreevy as an advisor to help get the Lilywhites of the red, and last night confirmed that ESB chief executive Padraig McManus and Tegral Managing Director Paddy Kelly's names have been added to the special committee which has been set-up to clear a €200,000 debt.

"We are looking at how we can exploit other commercial markets and there's some high-powered people who would be committed, passionate Kildare GAA people who are looking to work at that with me," said the board's commercial director, Martin McEvoy.

"We're shaping a significant plan to reduce our costs and increase our revenues with a view to turning around our finances. That's the bottom line."

I see Kildare GAA are bringing in more outside help to help them sort the €200,000 deficit. All this to me smacks of jobs for the boys to be honest. I cannot see the names mentioned thus far on this special committee are lending their "expertise" (and i use that term loosely) free of charge or expenses.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Croke Park should be funding suitably qualified independently appointed part-time finance officers for all county boards. Its in their own interests, would help all counties financial management and probably save a fortune in the long run.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:01 am

FuturesWhite wrote:
McMahon is really lining himself up for a fall here. McCreevy, Bertie and their like are the ones responsible for having this country in the state it is. I cant see how he's going to help Kildare GAA in any way?!
No doubt he'll recruit his club mate Liam McManus (former ESB) to try and dig them out of the mess.

There was a day when we had good strong people on the CB, but those days had little or no success on the pitch. Polar opposites now....

What a complete shock. I never would've guessed this was coming. Jobs for the boys!
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:22 am

The kildare under 14's won the leinster championship a few weeks back and no word of the lie they where told the county board didn't have a enough money to give them medals......

Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:13 am

Could'nt Trap Cement wrote:
The kildare under 14's won the leinster championship a few weeks back and no word of the lie they where told the county board didn't have a enough money to give them medals......

Why would the kildare county board have to give them medals? Would it not be the Leinster council that does that? Do winning counties have to buy their own medals? Why so many questions?
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:45 am

Sam1928 wrote:
Could'nt Trap Cement wrote:

Why would the kildare county board have to give them medals? Would it not be the Leinster council that does that? Do winning counties have to buy their own medals? Why so many questions?

I have no answers , just what ive been told by a lad who played on the team
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 am

Dunno bout jobs for the boys lads - whatever the good, bad and indifferent, I presume McManus, McCreevy and Kelly aren't getting a bean for this, I presume it's purely voluntary.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:08 am

I'd presume the same Ogie, and would be amazed if any of them are being paid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testing times
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next