Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector

Go down 
+3
Frankel
townend
Taibi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Empty
PostSubject: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Bit of a shock TBH, but goodluck to him he is an excellent coach and a gentleman.

Huge loss to Nurney!
Back to top Go down
townend
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:37 pm

why would it be a shock he is down from that part of the woods anyway tipp isn't far from limerick
what was his club in tipp .
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:13 pm

this is the first place i have heard about this,any reports to verify it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Taibi wrote:
Bit of a shock TBH, but goodluck to him he is an excellent coach and a gentleman.

Huge loss to Nurney!

Huge loss to Nurney? Nurney in Division 3 and Beating Ballkelly in Intermediate Final?
I would say it was time to seek a new manager anyways after his first year at the helm.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:08 am

fat full forward wrote:
this is the first place i have heard about this,any reports to verify it?
http://www.examiner.ie/sport/gaa/football/limerick-appoint-lacey-as-senior-football-coach-173614.html
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:10 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Huge loss to Nurney!

Huge loss to Nurney? Nurney in Division 3 and Beating Ballkelly in Intermediate Final?
I would say it was time to seek a new manager anyways after his first year at the helm.
What would you know about Nurney? Apart from Mikey Conway plays with them, I'd guess nothing so keep you're snide remarks to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:43 am

Did you think he was a good manager Taibi? I don't know a whole pile about Nurney either but I know ye had a lot of absentees this year?
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:47 am

he is a good manager and is very organized, analytical and methodical with regards training and matches, he is also very approachable and knows when to have a laugh and take things seriously.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:58 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Did you think he was a good manager Taibi? I don't know a whole pile about Nurney either but I know ye had a lot of absentees this year?
Agree totally with what Fat Full Forward, he is a gent of a man and is a fine man manager, his training is quite unique in that you never get bored and I always looked forward to going down training which I would have dreaded in the past.

His attention to detail was unreal, he just didn't have the players this year, missing our 2 county lads and 4 other very important players.

Next Nurney manager anyone??????
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:01 am

maybe yourself taibi for player manager???
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:02 am

No, too young for that FFF. How about yourself, you must be approaching you're twilight years now.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:03 am

bit too young myself only in my mid twenties
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:07 am

fat full forward wrote:
bit too young myself only in my mid twenties
Ya sure Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:16 am

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=1504

Think he's gonna keep his oar in with Nurney, or help out when he can. It's a brilliant opportunity, Maurice Horan said he'd done a good bit of research into Lacey and had liked what he'd heard.

Dunno what you're on about Fionn, you usually are reasonable but that's a bit mad.... Nurney, a small club, playing five minors and without its two county men....

Wish him the best anyway, until they meet Kildare
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:14 am

Big loss for Nurney. I got the feeling he was well liked down there. Wish him the best an dhope Nurney get sorted. You could see they were missing players last year
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 am

Good appointment by Horan. Interesting to see if he can shore up that defense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector   Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Lacey appointed Limerick selector
Page 1 of 1