Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EURO 2012 - Anybody going?

Go down 
+6
Rex
Ogie
Loads of Pints
walsheman
kelf
Sam1928
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2012 - Anybody going?   EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Im only going for the first match. The ATM's will do the trick for anything longer alright. Once they keep them topped up with cash!!!...I have a feeling Poznan and Gdansk are going to be bled dry of beer and cash with the amount of Irish going.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2012 - Anybody going?   EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:20 am

And here i was thinking or led to believe by my country cousin's this was solely Dubs thing !!! west brit soccer supporters Tag , so eloquently slung year after year , Nice to know its not solely contained within the Pale !! Shocked

But hey for the genuine soccer supporters here , have the time of your lifes , enjoy the games , and be safe !! cheers

Hoping for good few days , but i think we will find it difficult for at least the 1st & 2nd games , the Italians should hopefully be no trouble , maybe we will have the luck of the irish , like we do at these finals when we get there

So the lads here luck to go and attended , like I said ENJOY BE SAFE

And bring back the cup for your avatar like mine Wink
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2012 - Anybody going?   EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:01 am

JAYSUS that was dire , God helps us via Spain/Italy , its going to get a hell of alot worse , feel sorry for all the support in Poland who witnessed tonights farce and the next 2 games to come , because we wont see the Ukraine pale , But f..k it lets hope the fans who travelled have a good time anyway Cool
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2012 - Anybody going?   EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:37 pm

It was absolutely friggin' amazing. However good you expect something like this to be multiply it by 10!!!...Im so depressed being home. Our fans are incredible despite the shocking performance on the pitch. Poznan and the Polish people were fantastic.

You couldnt spend your money there it was so cheap and the women!!!!!!!!!....Jaysus.

Didnt see an ounce of trouble. Anything being reported is OTT and only isolated incidents.

My only gripe is the large amount of fans I met who dont go to Ireland home games who had tickets for all 3 matches. Small gripe though, everything else was just mindblowingly brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2012 - Anybody going?   EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:00 am

Super support for the Irish tonight but I feel for them....

Were we really thought a soccer lesson...

Playing against a team with Fabregas on the bench our midfielders never stood a chance. Andrews released by WBA and Whelan a bit part player for Stoke only to be replaced by another Green a released Derby County player.....

Felt sorry for them but our defending was shocking... Think even ranked 18th in the world is rather generous.... After that defeat we'll be down to around 24th....
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2012 - Anybody going?   EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:33 am

Very disappointing alright, we stood off them and let them do what they like just like we did on Saturday. Given was woeful he was at fault for at least 2 goals and his distribution was shit. He should retire and give Westwood a chance.

I think Duff will play his last game against Italy on Monday on his 100th cap.

Keith Andrews is the only player that can hold his head up, I thought he played well in both games with little reward.

Trap needs to shake things up big time, I don't think many people will put up with his negative style for 2 more years.

Why oh why do the Irish always give managers new contracts before major tournaments alas O'Sullivan and Kidney in the Rugby?????????

The Irish support are the only positive to be took from this, simply incredible!!!

Germany win the Euros, threw €20 on them yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2012 - Anybody going?   EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:49 pm

I would agree with virtually everything you say there Taibi. Good calls on Andrews, Given and the Trap contract.

Im so gutted that we didnt do ourselves justice in Poland. The team has not shown up in the 2 games. Maybe the preparations were questionable. We hardly put a tackle in over the 2 games.
Yes we are limited but are record used to show how hard we were to score against and we were always capable of finding results against good teams. That didnt look like Ireland out there.

I have Russia at 25/1 myself but the Germans do look strong as usual and they are in our group for the world cup so we are already playing for 2nd.
Back to top Go down
QALIYATSIA
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2012 - Anybody going?   EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 5:38 am

Sam1928 wrote:
...well done lads fair play on getting tickets.

Ive been a block booker in various guises since 1989 and have gone to most home games since then. Try cold damp february nights in the old lansdowne or RDS versus the likes of Wales or Canada for commitment but sure Johnny D and his disco train, tie grabbing sellouts dont give a shite about that. Im a little bit sour about the whole process.

ended up paying over the odds for Croatia tickets but dont begrudge any decent fans who got tickets.

That portal was a pain in the hole. You got lucky LOP. I tried it for a while and I wanted my life back so I fucked it off.

Anyway I'll be in green as well. See yis in Poznan!!!!
Am going for Croatia game for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2012 - Anybody going?   EURO 2012 - Anybody going? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EURO 2012 - Anybody going?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2