Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manager sacked

Go down 
+6
Loads of Pints
Ogie
milltownmary
fatherted
lilywhites on tour
kelf
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:05 am

Im quite surprised nobody has been on to discuss the removal of the senior manager. Are there no opinions, good or bad??
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:16 am

Total news to me.

I'd be very surprised if it turns out to be true.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:15 am

Havent heard this either?
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Talking to one of the more senior players yesterday evening about how they got on in the league and it never came up, i'll be chatting her again tomorrow and shur i'll ask bit of a surprise that if true
Back to top Go down

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Well it is true. But I'm baffled how people think it is a surprise.
There were at least 2 suitable candidates who showed interest in the position but were refused by the chairman who then appointed himself.
I wonder could the CB just manage to get things right this time around, appoint a proper manager who would invite and welcome ALL the best players back and in turn, get this sjambok if season back on track in time for the championship. Or is that too much to expect in a county like ours?
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:50 am

Ok Im just trying to work this out..... 2 people apply to the chairman for the job, he rejects both and appoints himself. KIldare get relegated and the chairman sacks the manager but stays on in the chair. The self same chiarman is now seeking a manager to take over the mess before the championship....... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.
Back to top Go down

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:09 am

Joe O'Donoghue was chairman last year - upon deciding to resign his position at the year end, he announced his interest in managing the senior team. A 'committee' was setup to invite and screen candidates and low and behold - the bowld Joe got the job.
Despite having been removed as Balyna club manager not so long ago and even more amazingly, despite an All-Ireland winning manager from last year and former multiple Dublin all-star applying for the position.

The only thing that kept the team interested throughout the league was the excellent work done by fitness coach Liz Doran. It seems the players finally made their thoughts known to the CB after the league and the bowld Joe was sent packing.

Amazing how Kelf claims to know nothing of any of this Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 pm

haven't heard he was sacked. I'd only be surprised that he was sacked given how previous poor results over the last many years didn't receive the same treatment.

I said it before, you need the support of teh board if you're going to effect radical change. That means sticking by you when the results will inevitably be bad. You need balls. It's why I wouldn't touch the Kildare job with a barge poll because such radical change is needed but the will isn't there.

As for Joe O'Donoghue rejecting two other candidates before appointing himself, Whitelass, that's horse shite and your last post proves that, where you don't repeat the allegation. I know two people that were on the committee, I know the other candidates you are talking about and as you will well know, being so immersed in the game, Kildare county board has no money. So they are restricted in who they can get because some people have higher 'expenses' than others.

Good to hear that Liz Doran's work is appreciated. I presume the manager brought her in? If the manager is sacked, will she be gone now too as a new person will probably want to bring in his or her own team?

So results might improve marginally this year... will that mean everything is hunky dory?
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:52 pm

has John Divilly been appointed interim manager? thats what i heard
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 2:49 am

This is on the Ladies FB page

New backroom team for Kildare ladies senior footballers

The Kildare ladies senior football team are preparing for the preliminary round of the Leinster championship against Dublin on June 24th with a new look backroom team. David Hughes, John Divilly and Mark Hogarty have come in as coaches/selectors to assist manager Joe O'Donoghue in the teams training for the remainder of the season. Paul Dooley and Nuala O’ Mahoney who were selectors with the 1st team during the league will be managing Kildare’s second team which will take part in the Aisling McGing competition. They will be assisted by Davy Burke manager of the minor team. This competition sees the team play Meath away (5/6 May), Cork at home (19/20 May), Kerry away (26/27 May) and Dublin at home (2/3 June). This second team is still open for players to come in.

I heard that there was a meeting on Sunday with the new managment team and the players and that the turnout was big.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:26 am

just like they were with his championship winning team in carlow and maynooth sigerson team eh BTA?
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 am

And here was me thinking his Sigerson team were humiliated in the final
this year. And remind me again - why was he relieved if his position in Leixlip GAA?
Couldn't careless really, ladies football is not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:16 am

Whitelass when you decide to dance on some ones grave it would be a good idea to check that they are actually dead first. Indeed Ogie I too know the people who were on that committee and I would not doubt their integrity for one second. I hear that when looking for some one too do that particular job you mention the current manager was the one who displayed the appetite with the current minor manager a close second.

It took JD along with some other good people two years to sort the messy affairs and the debt of the county, one thing that guy does is identify good people and immediately invites them on board in some form or other.
Back to top Go down

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Oh I know a few of those individuals aswell folks and without casting aspertions on their characters, Id be curious to know what qualified them to make such decisions in favour of Joe O'Donoghue.
A high profile Kildare GAA name was used to impress people, but what involvement or knowledge has that man got of ladies football? Another former county 'selector' who was completely ignored and disregarded in his term by the manager at the time and the incoming chairman who happens to be a bossom buddy of the outgoing chairman and new manager elect?

Ballboy you tell me to be sure about things. I suggest you become sure of what you speak of. Joe O'Donoghue is now reduced to holding the hand of the new managerial team, approaching players that he insulted and trying to encourage them back to play for a panel which disintegrated under his reign.

And finally - I wonder will this new management team be brought to the next CB meeting for ratification?
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin
Admin

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Believe To Achieve, quit that now, there is no place for the personal stuff and no need for it. Stick to the topic and if you're not interested in the topic as you suggested, don't bother. I've deleted the posts.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Whitelass, to be fair, you said he was sacked. I would be glad to see someone like Divilly in there. He's got a very good record, the best coaching record of anyone that has every been involved in the Kildare ladies set-up. And remember, coaching and management are completely different . I think this is a positive development.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:37 am

Whitelass

To be fair to the GAA man you mentioned: I set out his involvement in Ladies Football in a previous post and wont be repeating it. He was and is involved.

Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:12 am

You may have another go Whitelass, there was four people on that committee, you only had a swipe at three of them and by shear coincidence they all happen to be male

Back to top Go down
nomorethefool
Junior C
Junior C

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:15 am

BALLYBOY---one thing that guy does is identify good people and immediately invites them on board in some form or other.

Now u cant be for real with them sentiments?? he has done quite the opposite and from experience u well know that.
he chaired the county board in a manner that was unbelievable.
what county board chairman ever decides to take issues up for discussion and advise that they wil deal with them after the meeting?? and whatever the outcome, stands as ratified??
many an issue was burried under the proverbial carpet.
as for identifying good people,ur correct,he cud do that,but that wasnt hard as a lot sat in front of him for many a year after doing trojan work,he brought on board the lackies and quickly put in place a strategy to rid all those gud workers of ladies football who may challenge his authority.
what chair wud be part of banning a referee from doing ladies football games (as you ar fully aware) until he has completed a course on ladies refereeineg(a practice i actually agree wit), only to appoint him to an important game 4 days later?? now thats bringing "gud"people on board a little too much.!!!!
i cud go on but its all been said before so no point in repeating
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:28 am

Absolutely brilliant win over Laois, well done to all involved.

TG4 All-Ireland Ladies SFC round 1 qualifier

LAOIS 0-9

KILDARE 0-11

By Jackie Cahill at St Brendan’s Park, Birr

KILDARE caused a shock at St Brendan’s Park in Birr on Monday afternoon by dumping 2010 and 2011 semi-finalists out of the TG4 All-Ireland Ladies senior football championship.

Kildare scored their first championship victory since the 2010 qualifier victory over Down to send the O’Moore County crashing out.

Goalkeeper Mary Hulgraine was inspired for the winners – denying Mary Kirwan with a magnificent save six minutes from time before keeping out a long-range effort from Tracey Lawlor in the final minute.

And Kildare rode their luck too in the second half as Laois sub Aisling Kehoe sent a shot crashing off the upright in the 42nd minute.

And Laois were rocked a minute later when full-back Aisling Quigley received a yellow card and was sin-binned for ten minutes.

That proved crucial as Kildare, with the extra player, reeled off three unanswered points to move 0-11 to 0-8 clear.

Maria Moolick hit a brace of points and Aisling Holton was also on target as the Lilywhites sensed that a famous victory was within reach.

Sarah Quigley cut the deficit back to just two points for Laois, who played against the breeze in the second time, but time ran out and Kildare – who had eight different scorers – booked their place in round 2 of the qualifiers.

The sides were level at half-time – 0-5 apiece – with the first half finishing with Maria Moolick’s shot well saved by highly-rated Laois goalkeeper Caoimhe Dollard.

It wasn’t the only good save from Dollard in the first half as the impressive Portlaoise netminder turned away rasping Moolick drive.

At the other end, Laois had come close to netting in the 16th minute but Eimear Fitzpatrick’s low shot was kept out by Hulgraine, a former recipient of a basketball scholarship to the US.

It was a tit-for-tat opening half which saw the sides level four times, with Laois moving 0-2 to 0-0 ahead in the early stages thanks to points from Alison Taylor and Martha Kirwan.

But Kildare settled and scores from Michelle Carey and Emer Fogarty had the Lilywhites level with 11 minutes on the watch.

Kildare kicked on and were ahead for the first time in the game – 0-4 to 0-3 – in the 19th minute when Aine Gately popped over a free.

But there was little to separate the two sides in an evenly-contested opening half and fittingly, they would go in deadlocked at the break.

Scorers for Laois: T Lawlor 0-3 (2f), Mary Kirwan 0-2f, S Quigley, A Taylor, Martha Kirwan & A Moore 0-1 each.

Scorers for Kildare: M Carey & M Moolick 0-2 each, E Fogarty 0-2f, A Holton, J Timmins, A Gately (f), B Leahy & R Byrne 0-1 each.

LAOIS: C Dollard; S McEvoy, A Quigley, E Healy; J Moore, P Fogarty, L Hyland; M Murphy, A Moore; T Lawlor, Mary Kirwan, A Taylor; Martha Kirwan, S Quigley, E Fitzpatrick.

Subs: A Kehoe for Fitzpatrick, S Doogue for Martha Kirwan.

KILDARE: M Hulgraine; A Lambe, A Savage, D Tierney; A Holton, D Berry, K Leahy; J Timmins, L Keatley; R Byrne, B Leahy, A Gately; E Fogarty, M Moolick, M Carey.

Subs: A Quinn for Keatley, S Hurley for K Leahy, S McHugh for Carey, P Keatley for A Quinn, N Quinn for B Leahy.

Referee: K Delahunty (Tipperary).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Manager sacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manager sacked   Manager sacked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manager sacked
Page 1 of 1