Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012

Go down 
+83
cilldara07
Stekhli
lillyboy
kartman
Bān go Lēir
totalgaa
totheline
bob12
Bad News Baba
lilysavage
fargo
wingback
smokey
Son of Sarsfields
Lilly07
Admin3
parcel
trueblue
ElGuerrouj
SamMaguire
lomond
losthope
Dinny Breen
Loads of Pints
shoutitout
Horsebox
peile
topcat
Lily8
Frankel
abl
Highball
FearBan
Botch
Stonecold
rgb
jj
Sam1928
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kelf
Fear An Geata
lastline
KILL BILL
BelieveToAchieve
Flamingo
KFSAM
carburyman
midfieldmaestro
overthebar
analysis
Onhisboot
steviegenius
naked-lilly
hawker
standhimup
johnsmyth
Ohtoohtobe
murof
bag of white
nuxer
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
centreback
Ogie
Come on the Boys in Blue
Could'nt Trap Cement
Big Full Back
bluetown
Taibi
FreshMixer
milltownmary
Oneill
kildaregaa365
TommyKeegan
MD
lilywhites on tour
stanley
kickingking
Athyman
flourman
tomcruise
if_in_doubt
Gaffer
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:02 pm

Seanie was buzzing when he came on. He looks well up for the challenge. Must be very close to starting
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:22 pm

We really struggle against blanket defences which is a worry with the likes of Dublin and Donegal as possible future opponents if we get past Sligo. The subs made a huge difference and Paudie clearly felt he had a point to prove and gave us an increase in physicality in the midfield area. I can see Johnston starting the next day as he looks like he could give us a few vital scores. Agree O'Flaherty could do with a spell on the bench as he was very poor yesterday as was JD in the first half but he did nail that difficult free near the end which mattered so much in the end. Foley was magnificent all through, a true all star.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Well done to the lads for battling right to the end, showed great heart and character, Eoin Doyle looked a real player, very quick, good tackler, good in the air and good on the ball and a good engine. Credit to Limerick who were a real test and put in a real champioship performance, Fair play to Emmet Bolton for the equliser, I agree Mick had a mighty game, Peter Kelly had his hands full with Ian Ryan early on and looked in real trouble, but he was immense towards the end of the game and turned that one around. That performance wouldn't have beaten the top teams, and we need leper and a fit flynn back asap. but we are still alive, many teams wouldn't have come through that test last night
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:40 pm

First of all, what a game that was, it reminded me of the Roscommon game a while back only this time we were the ones that came through ET.

Limerick were really up for this, Ian Ryan, Stephen Kelly and Lucey at full back were immense. They steam rolled us in the first half, we are clueless when there is no space in the forwards. Mick Foley was unreal all the way through last night. Fair play to Bolton for having the composure to kick that point at the death where many a man would have snatched at it. Delighted for Seanie coming on and kicking 2 lovely points, he seems to be settling in well. Callaghan made a huge difference as well.

The amount of wides we kicked (16) is a worry, and 6 or 7 of those must had been by Johnny Doyle, he was pretty poor last night from the boot. but he worked his socks off as usual.

Barry Cassidy was a disgrace, he gave us nothing and at least 2 Limerick players should have walked, Kelly and the no.4.

Sligo next weekend will be tough, they knocked us out of the championship the last 2 times we played them (2001)(2005).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:15 pm

We really failed to get to grips with the way Limerick were set up. They were extremely negative from the word go and we struggled to break them down.

That coupled with playing into a strong breeze in the first half we really made it hard on ourselves in the 2nd to get something from the game.

Where was the patience and composure we showed against Tyrone in the League Final. We don't have to force the game with every attack, as long as we have the ball it means the opponents cannot score.
Ball retention and taking the correct option is something we seriously need to work on.
Had we come up against a team with better individual players applying the same tactics as Limerick yesterday we'd be talking about our club championship today and not Sligo next week.

Tactically there is much more to talk about from the game. With Morgan playing as a sweeper in front of our full back line, that of course leaves a body free around the middle. The opted to drop him deep also which meant the built from the back and were virtually untackled until they reached our 45 meter line.
That was the platform from which Limerick were able to get 7 first half scores.

Towards the end of the 2nd half when we had to go for the game we pushed further up the pitch and went more or less man for man. When we done that we took over the game and could really have snatched it had Leper played in Seanie for the last kick rather than taking it on himself.

Seriously impressed with Eoghan Doyle, Emmet Bolton, Mick Foley and James Kavanagh yesterday. I thought they all stood up when we needed them, our equalising point coming from Kavanagh winning the ball on our end line and working it through the hands with Leper and Bolton. That play and Foleys block moments before is the reason why we are still swinging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:19 pm

I'd like to see Emmet Boltons Equaliser again. Hopefully its shown tonight on the Sunday Game.

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 INPHO_00615205
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Paidie and leper coming on made a massive difference aswell. We must have won almost 100% possession from kick outs in first half of extra time. A win is a win at this stage. Our support was immense. Lads early stages I know but what changes would be made for the next day if any..

For me, Johnston, leper and paudie must be knocking at the door.

Eoin flats who has had a poor campaign, Conway and rob Kelly positions are still threatened.

Great to see a huge display from foley, he looked like a true all star last night. Magnificent. And eoin Doyle turning into a fine footballer aswell.

Well done lads, we looked a bit clueless when they dropped a sweeper ahead of Tom Connor but in fairness we stuck at it. Ref gave us nothing and a win is a win. I was expecting disappointment given how panicky we looked with out shooting but the composure shown from the equalising score by Bolton and kavanagh gave me renewed hope.

Roll on Sligo.. Don't think we are good enough to win the all Ireland based on what I've seen but we will be such a tough team to knock out. The passion shown by players, the full squad and us supporters was brilliant to see. Looking forward to next week end and another day out
Back to top Go down
Stekhli
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 pm

How did Smithy do just out of interest ? Seemed to have a quiet enough game going by the radio commentary but its always hard to get a good grasp of how players are performing from the radio , is his place under threat for next week ?
Same with O'Connor , he seemed to have a frustrating enough game and his reluctance and seemed to have been very predictable , his reluctance to shoot may cost Kildare
Back to top Go down
Stekhli
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Sorry the last paragraph of my last post wasn't very coherant , basically should O'Connor be persisted with now that teams seem to have figured out how to play him
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 pm

poor enough from kildare. they wont beat sligo if they carry on shooting like yesterday. they ball into the forwards was woeful at times too. its definatly a confidence issue. flaherty kelly and johnny kicked bad wides early on and fear spread into the attack.
anybody have a view of seanies point that was waved wide? it looked a point from where i was...?
competition for places is great now. every sub that came in has claims to start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Seanies point was over. The crowd behind the goal at the terrace end celebrated it. Couldnt believe the umpire waved it wide. One umpire thought it was over the other waved it wide. Not good enough in a tight match like that.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:56 am

I was on the terrace, directly in line with the trajectory of Seanie's point and it definately went between the posts.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 am

Disagree about Seanie Johnston's shot. I was right behind where he kicked it from and it was definitely wide.

Overall what a nerve wrecking match. We were very lucky to get out with a win. Mick Foley was brilliant last night. Our best player by far I thought. Eoin Doyle was very good too.

Disappointing performance though. A big improvement is needed if we want to go further. The Sligo match won't be easy.

Any word on Ollie Lyons? Is he ok?
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:56 am

Lyons looked in alot of pain last night signed an autograph for the kids though but then hobbled into the dressing room i'd say our physio is working OT this week - adding to the debt Very Happy - only joking

just to say a huge thanks to all the players last night it was a breath of fresh air to see them staying on to sign autographs and mingle with the fans especially the kids after the game on the pitch Thomas O'Connor was there at least 20 mins after the final whistle getting photo's and signing kids jerseys
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:14 am

Lazarus was the luckiest guy in history, he was dead for three days but came back to life, you can't be luckier than that. Leaving Portlaoise last night I must have felt a little how he did when he rose again.
Yes we got off the hook, but I'd rather win last night than be sitting here this afternoon with a cloud over me.
Limerick played as defensive as any team could. They took the Donegal manual and just wrote men behind the ball on every page. I also think they would have gave any team a belly full last night the way they set up. They were well up for it and got a break playing with the wind in the first half so they could build a lead and protect it. If they had to chase they game I'm not sire they would have had the same effect.
The game generally was physical and dominated by defence. Other have gone over the game but you have to give special mention to Foley, Bolton, Jimmers and Eoin doyle. they dragged the rest of the lads over the line to get into extra time.

Big improvement needed for next week, we struggle with massed defense so a plan will be needed. A big plus was Leper, he showed in his cameo how vital he is around the middle picking up loose ball.

I want to finish by mentioning the referee. Where do they get them from. As bad as a display as I have seen. He is apparently the protege of one Pat McEnaneny and to be honest it showed.

Overall, you have to be in it to win it.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:26 am

Think the last 15 mins or so and extra time was the first time this year we really got up to championship pace. We really need to be showing that level of intensity for 70 mins. Very lucky to get to extra time last night. Once we did it was all over for a very negative Limerick team. Great to see Chalky, PON and Leper come on and play so well. Great bench, these and the rest of the subs made all the difference. No doubt that game will bring them on a ton. Also as much as I like OConner as a player he's too well coverd at this stage and the forwards now seem to expect everything to go through him. It's only when he went off and the forwards upped their work rate that we really made inroads in a packed Limerick defense. They're too predictable and need to mix their tactics. I'd love to see OConner collect more ball further out the field and really drive at back lines. That could reall open up teams.

Ref was pathetic. Foley was unbelievable. Roll on next week. Fingers crossed we get a crack at one of the "top four" sooner rather than later. None of them are any great shakes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:11 am

Seanies shot was definatly wide.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:36 am

Tremendous battling last night. At times when everything was going against us (including a hand picked cheat of a referee) we stuck to the task and worked hard.

Peter Kelly was immense. Foley's block in the second half was the stuff if All-Stars. Finally he's starting to get back to the level he should be at.

Bolton did well going forward but there should be question marks over his defending this year. Morgan Fla did well at times.
Am I the only one who thinks Kavanagh delivered his best performance in a Kildare jersey to date?
Eoghan Fla and Conway need a rest next week. Their contribution from play is just not good enough. I'd imagine Seanie Johnson & Paidi must be in the team for next week.

Nobody else has mentioned Lacy either. I hope the same fines and suspensions that Aidan O'Rourke was served with are coming his way soon. Interference dosen't even begin to describe his antics last night.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:31 am

well done to all concerned but improvement needed for next week i.e. improvement and changes.
Also thank god the game was on in Portlaoise otherwise we would all be planning a trip to Limerick as I dont think ref would have allowed extrta time without lights if game was in Newbridge,
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:41 am

Phew!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:06 am

I see the sunday game are showing the Meath v Laois game and advertised for this saturday. Will we be on saturday aswell in croker??
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 am

All white alright! wrote:
I see the sunday game are showing the Meath v Laois game and advertised for this saturday. Will we be on saturday aswell in croker??

I heard we're on in Croker as a double header with the above game but it's not been confirmed yet.
Back to top Go down
Stekhli
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:30 am

What changes would you lads make for the Sligo game , hope the Kildare fans turn out in force for the Lilywhites as they always do to be fair this Saturday , fingers crossed the game is in Croker
Back to top Go down
cilldara07
Junior C
Junior C
cilldara07

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:44 am

Fairly blunt from Spillane. Would love to sicken him in September
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:48 am

So it seems the ethos is to be throwing out the window when it comes to us according to mc stay. They would rather see a limerick player pull us down and be cynical than see us going through. Turn your stomach Ethos in the gaa B******t. Imagine the pundits saying that is was ok for limerick that they should of pulled us down f****** pulling lads to the ground goes against the ethos of the gaa. Well done mcstay and spilliane promoting that would rather limerick be cynical and see us out the tools!!! Kildare go out next weekend and hammer sligo shut the whole lot of them up!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next