Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012

Go down 
+83
cilldara07
Stekhli
lillyboy
kartman
Bān go Lēir
totalgaa
totheline
bob12
Bad News Baba
lilysavage
fargo
wingback
smokey
Son of Sarsfields
Lilly07
Admin3
parcel
trueblue
ElGuerrouj
SamMaguire
lomond
losthope
Dinny Breen
Loads of Pints
shoutitout
Horsebox
peile
topcat
Lily8
Frankel
abl
Highball
FearBan
Botch
Stonecold
rgb
jj
Sam1928
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kelf
Fear An Geata
lastline
KILL BILL
BelieveToAchieve
Flamingo
KFSAM
carburyman
midfieldmaestro
overthebar
analysis
Onhisboot
steviegenius
naked-lilly
hawker
standhimup
johnsmyth
Ohtoohtobe
murof
bag of white
nuxer
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
centreback
Ogie
Come on the Boys in Blue
Could'nt Trap Cement
Big Full Back
bluetown
Taibi
FreshMixer
milltownmary
Oneill
kildaregaa365
TommyKeegan
MD
lilywhites on tour
stanley
kickingking
Athyman
flourman
tomcruise
if_in_doubt
Gaffer
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:43 am

Jack O'Shea tipped Cork on "Take Your Point" this evening but Oisín McConville said that Cork were sitting ducks and thought Kildare would win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:50 am

Was talking to Jack O'Shea at a function before the Kildare/Meath match and he tipped Meath to win.

Was pretty adamant about a Meath win too might I add. Looked at him bust a grove on the dance floor later in the night made me question his credibility but he was right in the end.

I would have expected both pundits to come out with the predictions the did. Oisin being an Armagh man and O'Shea being a Munster man.
Back to top Go down
nuxer
Intermediate
Intermediate
nuxer

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:28 am

ticket s are 30 euro and of course as dublin are nt plying the hill is closed
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:52 am

as if always playing at home isnt biased enough for dublin thay have there own designated end too.
Back to top Go down
Stekhli
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:14 am

I think its a joke that the Hill wont be open on Sunday .Supporters deserve the option of being able to purchase cheaper tickets .
On the game itself , would any of you make any changes from the team that beat Sligo ??? Padraig O'Neill and Callaghan for Rob Kelly and O'Flaherty jnr perhaps ??? I suspect that Geezer will stick with the lads that did it against Sligo though , one thing is for sure if Kildare are in trouble they have a serious bunch of players to be able to turn to on the bench .
One thing that will have to be considered is the positioning by Cork of Aidan Walsh/Nicholas Murphy at full forward these days , this will cause a bit of headache for Geezer because it means that he will have to bring back Foley with Flynn or some other mid coming in for Ollie Lyons perhaps in an indirect swap , this causes another headache as I think Ollie Lyons would be very suitable for taking Kerrigan out of the game but maybe Eoin Doyle can take up this role.
I really do think this is a game Kildare can win , they have had as good a qualifer campaign as a team could have , a serious tester and two confidence building victories , Cork will be very rusty after only having one real game in 8 weeks .
Cork are also infinitely overrated , they stuttered to an All Ireland title in 2010 and despite having what looked to be a very favorable in 2011 managed to mess it up and were beaten convincingly enough beaten by Mayo , I will admit that they do have the best bunch of players on paper , but often the likes of Kerrigan/Sheehan/both O'Neills and Walsh go missing , I don't think I'm selling them short here I have just found them to flatter to deceive big time , they are great in the league and also very good when they play Down but in general they fail to click , this will be a close game and I can't help but thinking since Bolton's last gasp point against Limerick that Kildare are destined for somthing special this Summer
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:24 am

Stekhli wrote:
I think its a joke that the Hill wont be open on Sunday .Supporters deserve the option of being able to purchase cheaper tickets .
On the game itself , would any of you make any changes from the team that beat Sligo ??? Padraig O'Neill and Callaghan for Rob Kelly and O'Flaherty jnr perhaps ??? I suspect that Geezer will stick with the lads that did it against Sligo though , one thing is for sure if Kildare are in trouble they have a serious bunch of players to be able to turn to on the bench .
One thing that will have to be considered is the positioning by Cork of Aidan Walsh/Nicholas Murphy at full forward these days , this will cause a bit of headache for Geezer because it means that he will have to bring back Foley with Flynn or some other mid coming in for Ollie Lyons perhaps in an indirect swap , this causes another headache as I think Ollie Lyons would be very suitable for taking Kerrigan out of the game but maybe Eoin Doyle can take up this role.
I really do think this is a game Kildare can win , they have had as good a qualifer campaign as a team could have , a serious tester and two confidence building victories , Cork will be very rusty after only having one real game in 8 weeks .
Cork are also infinitely overrated , they stuttered to an All Ireland title in 2010 and despite having what looked to be a very favorable in 2011 managed to mess it up and were beaten convincingly enough beaten by Mayo , I will admit that they do have the best bunch of players on paper , but often the likes of Kerrigan/Sheehan/both O'Neills and Walsh go missing , I don't think I'm selling them short here I have just found them to flatter to deceive big time , they are great in the league and also very good when they play Down but in general they fail to click , this will be a close game and I can't help but thinking since Bolton's last gasp point against Limerick that Kildare are destined for somthing special this Summer

I love confidence like this Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:28 am

I don't do romance personally. Anything we get at the weekend will have to be hard earned.

Absolutely massive game for us yet again a question will be asked about us against a top team in Croker.

To coin a famous soccer managers rant " I'd Love it if we beat them, LOVE IT!"

Not only for the players and management but also for the doubters and begrudges from within and outside the county. They know who they are.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Well done to Kildare on Saturday.

Draw is tough , very tough but the more I think about it , I think that it is good for Kildare. On the positive we avoided Dublin but Cork , Donegal and Kerry are very good teams even before getting to a final. I was at a club game yesterday and Kildare supporters respect Cork but are giving Kildare a great chance.Next Sunday could be a great day in Croker.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Any chance of lepper been fit to play from the start next weekend? He be a massive boost for us....
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Whats the story with Flynn? We'll need him for last 20 at least next week. I hear hes injured though?
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Daryel Flynn played against Carbury in SFL yesterday and looks ok.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Thats great, i reckon we'll need a performance from him like one he gave against Donegal last year, though he probably wont start.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Flynn has been training for the last month or so / but does look slightly off pace, hopefully will come good because as has been said we will need 20 brave heart performances next week to get a result.

A result I believe we are fully capable of getting.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:27 pm

I was hoping we would be on Saturday but beggars cant be chooser were there and that all that matters . Cork is going to be hard but we have a head of steam now our team are here under the radar I know Cork won't underestimate us but were beaten at this stage last year by Mayo . Its going to be an Open game I feel the main battle will be Canty in Corks midfield / CB alot of attacks come through him I would like to see Foley back in full back and maybe PON in midfield , EOF might make way for Leper where a breaking ball will be crucial for our attack. Seanie Johnston might come on early or at half time if needs Cadogan at corner back is good but has limited pace but lest wait and see

On another point I cant see the logic behind the dubs match at nearly 7pm on Saturday ( drinking all day) thank god we are not in a double header with them it will be carnage if Laois beat them it will be messy in there afterwards
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Think myself this is set up for lynch/Flynn midfiled Mick full back!!!!
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 pm

would be a great midfield if fit agree but no match pratice heard flynn was playin yesterday and lynch played a match for confey also so lets wait

-------

https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1023
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40