Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012

Go down 
+83
cilldara07
Stekhli
lillyboy
kartman
Bān go Lēir
totalgaa
totheline
bob12
Bad News Baba
lilysavage
fargo
wingback
smokey
Son of Sarsfields
Lilly07
Admin3
parcel
trueblue
ElGuerrouj
SamMaguire
lomond
losthope
Dinny Breen
Loads of Pints
shoutitout
Horsebox
peile
topcat
Lily8
Frankel
abl
Highball
FearBan
Botch
Stonecold
rgb
jj
Sam1928
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kelf
Fear An Geata
lastline
KILL BILL
BelieveToAchieve
Flamingo
KFSAM
carburyman
midfieldmaestro
overthebar
analysis
Onhisboot
steviegenius
naked-lilly
hawker
standhimup
johnsmyth
Ohtoohtobe
murof
bag of white
nuxer
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
centreback
Ogie
Come on the Boys in Blue
Could'nt Trap Cement
Big Full Back
bluetown
Taibi
FreshMixer
milltownmary
Oneill
kildaregaa365
TommyKeegan
MD
lilywhites on tour
stanley
kickingking
Athyman
flourman
tomcruise
if_in_doubt
Gaffer
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:42 am

Great start lads .. Keep it up please! Smile
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:04 am

WOW WOW WOW.........what a most professional performance......great credit to the team and the mentors for a wonderful team display......CILL DARA ABU...... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 am

Brilliant win for Kildare. Stopped the possible Sligo hatrick !!!

I suppose we'll all have to comiserate with Meath and congratulate Laois ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:38 am

Next up the rebels...........mmmmmmm OMG.......
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:05 am

Well if we're going to win the All Ireland we might as well beat all the good teams!!!!

Cork or Kildare V Donegal or Kerry

Dublin or Laois V Mayo or Down

Going to be a tough route but our path is mapped out now!!!

Great win again today. Let's hope we can put in another big performance next weekend against the rebels....
Back to top Go down
carra2323
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:18 am

Excellent performance, was a bit worried at half time, especially after that "point", but credit to the lads the were super.

Looking forward to Cork game already.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:12 am

Just home and I'm knackered but I'm going to post a few thoughts before I hit the bed.
To begin, I'm very proud of the lads for the way the have come back after getting caught with their pants down against a poor Meath team. They could have turned tail and called it quits this year but because of the heart they have that was never an option. We are where we are they are out.

The match was strange in that everyone had this as a tight game yet Kildare came saw and battered Sligo to an inch of their lives. I have mentioned before that Kildare don't grind teams into the ground when they get a chance, tonight for the first time they did just that. It's ok smashing Cavan who are rubbish but Sligo were supposed to put it up to us but instead all they got was pain dished out in sizable quantities. They scored one point from play and that was in injury time. They were supposed to have two of the best forwards around but our defence never let them get a sniff. Watching it was like seeing an anaconda on the discovery channel eating it's prey. The harder Sligo struggled the tighter Kildare gripped them. It was a joy to behold.

We were clinical for once. Ok we missed a few in the first half but when we needed the scores at the right time we got them.
It's hard to pick out players as everyone one of the lads put in a shift. They management got the tactics spot on by pushing MOF forward when Kildare had the ball but let him drop back when we were defending. Today was the first time Kildare have figured out how to open the blanket defence.
I'm not going to get into the point that was as it had no bearing but it's farcical at this stage and will cost a team big time in the future.

Now for the draw, Cork it is. I have mixed feelings on this. Cork are rightfully tipped to win the All Ireland and posses a very good team. However in my eyes they are not unbeatable. They don't play the mass defence which will suit Kildare as we play our best football when there is space to do so. They have not played football for nearly a month while Kildare have used the qualifiers to gradually fine form and today will brig them on even more. We are battled hardened. They have excellent forwards but our defence has stepped up in the last two games. We will be underdogs and Kildare love being the underdog. We are due a huge game and I'm hoping it's in this one. I know for on thing there won't be more than two or three points in it at the end and they'll know they have been in a game.

Lastly fate. You may laugh and it probably means nothing but having got the equaliser against Limerick like we did, when a thousand things could have stopped us, maybe just maybe like so many other sports I have watched over the years where certain teams seem destined to win and added to the year we have had plus the abuse thrown at us could it be that the hand of fate has decided that Kildare will have a bigger say in 2012 than everyone thought.

Well done again lads. hon the lilies.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:44 am

Great post Rex! Well done lads, ground them down and got a great result! Cork will be hot favourites but it might suit us, and maybe just maybe we could do it!! Come on the Lilies!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Brilliant post Rex. Your dead right and thats the type of attitude we need to have. Proud of the lads record never beaten in the qualifiers under mcgeeney! and after the meath game id take a quarter final place.
Well done today. Keep the faith lads your doing your county proud. Up the lilywhites
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Great post rex. This is the real deal its great fing stuff. 13 4 thats not bad.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Very good performance to limit Sligo to just a single score from play. If KIldare can repeat the same defensive intensity next weekend then who knows. Cork really are the acid test and it is probably the pivotal game of McGeeney's tenure. Great to have another day out to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Headed down to Carrick after the game to celebrate and don't mind the meath and dub wankers there's a huge amount of support out west for Kildare to do well.

Cork it is. A fine side no doubt. Let's put as many fans in Croker as possible and put them out.

Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Delighted with the win yesterday, I thought Sligo were more than capable of putting us out of the championship but thankfully the lads knuckled down and got stuck in. We must take on Cork with that same attitude, fight for every ball. give no ground and make Cork battle to the last. They will come to play football and in my opinion they are deserved favourites for the All Ireland. looking forward to a great game.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Great performance from the lads yesterday really got down to dirty work... proud of them

Cork it is and if we want to win an all ireland we got to be the best to beat the best.. They will be fancied no doubt but if we stick to our guns and put in a performance like we know we can I really think we can run them very close and nick a victory..Cork are very open team and that will suit us down to the ground..
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:41 pm

0-13 to 0-3 if the dope on an umpire had been doing his job right.

Really happy with the performance last night. Built up a good lead from early on and as Rex said we squeezed the life out of Sligo in the second half. The only negative was the failure to open up a bigger lead from the 12th min to half-time. I have to say I was a little worried at the break that Sligo still had a good chance with the wind at their backs, but their tactics in the second half were crazy. The always had 10-12 players in their own half and allowed us to dictate the pace of the game. Someone forgot to tell them they were we behind and needed to push up on the loose Kildare players in the middle third.

Good to see Johnny playing well again (I thought his workrate was immense). Foley was very good again in the middle and Tomás and Smithy looked very sharp too.

Not too disappointed with the draw. We generally play well against Cork and they haven't had a serious test in 8 weeks since they played Kerry so I think if we play up to our capabilities we've got a big shout. Glad to see that Aertel reckoned we were unconvincing last night. Coming in as the underdogs will suit us nicely.

Well done lads and best of luck next week.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:21 am

Lads what day do you think we will be on? Im hoping next Sunday personally...
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 am

I'd say Saturday double header with Down Mayo or Donegal Kerry dubs might be on Monday as a stand alone huge support again last night 12k paying customers and another 5-6 k kids in free horrible night for it roll on Cork next week end since they played Kerry they hav had no match or serious game since then we played Offaly, Meath, Cavan, Limerick and Sligo looks unfiar but no better preperation than games hope we catch them cold next week end as Rex said I have a feeling we could have a big say where sam ends up. On a positive i know im dreaming but Kildare Dublin Final is still on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:01 am

Delighted with the lads performance last night. The intensity and workrate was top notch. Defence was very good fustrated sligo time and time again. Thought Ollie did a good job on Kelly. Foley super again in midifeld. JD was everywhere that was his best performance to date. Mikey Conway, Alan Smith, Kavanagh, Bolton and Tom all had great games. In saying that everyone of the lads upped their game and all in all a good performance all round. Credit to the kildare supporters there last night to travelled in numbers once again. Looking forward to the game next weekend. We are going in as the underdogs and under the radar now. Kildare like it that way. Pressure off and all on Cork. Cork are the favourites to lift sam so we will go up and have nothing to lose. I still believe there is a huge performance in this team maybe this is the game where we will see it. Cork are not going to have it all their way and this team will give them a right rattle. If there is a time to catch them it is now.
Just to say though well done to the lads on getting to the all ireland quarters. It's a position where many another county would love to be in and i thank the team for giving us another day out this summer. When kildare are doing well It lifts the entire county. This is where we want to be back in croke park playing the best and shouting on the lilywhites this august bank hoilday weekend.
Also Well done to the team and management on their achievement of having never been beaten in the qualifiers since 08. Who knows... if Carlsberg did all Irelands it would be Kildare v Dublin final.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:41 am

Great performance on a pitch that was like ice. Brilliant defence - though like others I was worried at half-time that Sligo could use the wind to get back into it. But the defending, from the full-forward line back was immense.
However, I think Fear an Geata above hit on a fair point. Even when they were behind and dropping further behind, Sligo continued with a massed defence - as though their priority was to keep the score vaguely respectable rather than ever considering victory a possibility..
Taking nothing from Kildare, I thought Sligo were unbelievably bad - not a patch on Limerick or even Cavan (for twenty minutes) for commitment.
Great travelling support from Kildare.
Well done to one and all.
All White ...it would have to be a Kildare/Laois final..... bounce
Coldrick came in for a lot of stick from Sligo supporters around me and rightly so, I thought, on more than one occasion. But there you go............
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 am

Kildare v Cork Sunday Croke Park at 2 pm

Extra recovery time will be helpful
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:38 am

Dinny Breen wrote:
Kildare v Cork Sunday Croke Park at 2 pm

Extra recovery time will be helpful

Followed by Kerry v Donegal at 4pm. Great to be able to see this game.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 am

Hopefully the mood will be good and we can really enjoy the Kerry v Donegal game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:11 am

Happy with that Smile will the hill be open for this one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:16 am

Great win for the lads, excellent defensive performance.

Will need that again along with a cohesive attacking display and a little luck to get over Cork.

Incidentally how many will be at our game?

Kildare will bring 12-15k I suspect.
Cork maybe 10k ?
Donegal 5-10k?
Kerry 10k?!?

40,000 max?!?
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:25 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Great win for the lads, excellent defensive performance.

Will need that again along with a cohesive attacking display and a little luck to get over Cork.

Incidentally how many will be at our game?

Kildare will bring 12-15k I suspect.
Cork maybe 10k ?
Donegal 5-10k?
Kerry 10k?!?

40,000 max?!?

I'd be surprised if theres more than 3000 or 4000 from Cork at it at the very most as they're notorious for poor crowds at this stage of a competition. Kerry might bring a little more than that but not huge numbers either. Reckon there'll be a big crowd from Donegal. They like themselves these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next