Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What does 2013 have in store?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigbadwolves
Junior C
Junior C

What does 2013 have in store? Empty
PostSubject: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:42 am

Are we all looking forward to the new footballing year??
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:28 am

National Football League 2013 Division 2

Rd 1 3rd Feb
Galway (H ) v Kildare

Rd 2 10th Feb
Cavan (H) v Kildare

Rd 3 17th Feb
Kildare (H) v Clare

Rd 4 3rd March
Westmeath (H) v Kildare

Rd 5 24th March
Kerry (H) v Kildare

Rd 6 31st March
Kildare v Waterford

Rd 7 6th April
Kildare (H) v Fermanagh
Back to top Go down
Bigbadwolves
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 am

My question was aimed towards the club scene kelf. County teams get enough debate here, no harm letting the important part - the club scene be discussed.

Can we wxpect any improvements to the club setup?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 5:08 am

Bigbad

AOK !!!

Convention is tomorrow night which is the opportunity for the clubs to make changes.

I see there is not even one motion in for discussion and that's dissapointing from 40 clubs.

The "January" County Board meeting would be the chance for clubs to put in their proposals on Competitions & Fixtures. The dates for all National Competitions are out & Leinster should have theirs by then sothat will be the time for the real discussion on club games/comps/fix.

I am not an ideas person but there are plenty out there who are and here's hoping they come up with good ones.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:44 am

Wouldn't hold my breath Kelf, history tell's us that debate doesn't start till after convention and describing it as debate is being kind
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 4:40 am

So it starts for real on Sunday.

Who are travelling to Menlough ( not too far. Motorway to Ballinasloe & out via Ahascragh.).

Kildare have never beaten a Galway first team, as far as I know.

Ran them close a few times & the 2011 draw in Ballykelly the best result.

Galway got to the League Final last year where they flopped v Mayo but then hammered Mayo in Connacht Final so they have the players and the talent but dont always harness it.

Kildare might just pull this one off !!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 am

Just to correct you kelf. The football starts for real when the bread and butter of Kildare football, the CLUB scene, starts back.

It would be nice for the county team to be competitive for a change, some return for the ridiculous amount of money that's being spent on them must be seen!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:37 am

Luv the positive !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:54 am

With respect, Im not concerned what you love.

It's very disrespectful to insinuate that anything outside of your senior team is not 'for real'.

As for the finances. It's the clubs who are carrying the burden for this team, are we not entitled to a return on our hard earned cash?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 am

Football starts, happens to be the County Seniors and when I comment someone jumps down my neck !!!! I was not disrespective of any one but u were, of the team who represent Kildare.

I have no knowledge of the CB Finances since I left but agree its is, always was and will be the Clubs who comprise the County Board who do the funding.

I will he happy to acknowledge the Club League when it starts and even get to plenty of the games.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:52 am

Good result, in fact the best result ever, in Galway.

A bit lucky as a lot of "home" refs would not have given the late peno but it was a little consolation after the 2 Yellows. Aine was targeted all through, head high in the first minute, but there was never a hope he card a home player and there were at least 4 he should have given them.

Good Senior debuts for Aoife H & Ais C, both straight out of minor.

Hoping the injury list ( Holton, Berry etc) will improve and with Kate impressing in the second half, Louise due back soon its looking up but no game will be easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:10 am

Why must you always blame the referee? Every game you ever report on has a crib over undeserved cards for Kildare. Biased or "home" referees. Yet you always have a good smile about dirty blows struck by Kildare players. Some things will never change.

A fortuitous draw in Galway with an unbalanced team & inexperienced management team will do. Galway area decent side. Lets see if Kildare can learn & progress...
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 am

Whitelass: U seem confused. I did not write a report on the game !!!!

Took some bad photos !!!!

Last edited by kelf on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:14 am

The year starts for me whether its schools, club or county. Happy to go to any one of them whichever comes first ,been kicking my heels all winter waiting for it all to resume. To encourage all children to play GAA its always good to have the county teams competitive. The signs look good for both male and female teams at the moment.

What would be fortuitous about drawing with Galway, was it not a penalty ? Great to see them get something out of the game with such an ''unbalanced team & inexperienced management'' Who was it once said ''the more i train the luckier i get'' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:45 pm

You would have to be very pleased with that for a start. No more than the lads, it's only February but it looks like a step forward to me. We'll have a better idea of course in April but, admittedly not having seen the game, I wouldn't see too much wrong with a draw in Galway. I'm sure there's plenty to improve on. If everything was right in February, then I would be worried.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:59 am

Hard fought win v Cavan & I'm pretty sure its a first away win v Cavan.

A couple missing, a n early injury, wind rain cold but at least both the pitch & ref were good.
Very stric on steps & "charging"but no cards even if a few o both sides pushed their luck.

The knee into Elaine's ribs must have been sore but ref called it "unintentional" and it was in last 5 & did not seem to have any bad intent so no quibble, both had to leave, Elaine with ribs & the other girl hurt her knee in the process. Both on NUIM TEAM Sso next training session could be interesting !!!

Debut late on for Rachel Corrigan and she made 2 great plays.

Clare next, away again, will be a big ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does 2013 have in store?   What does 2013 have in store? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What does 2013 have in store?
Page 1 of 1