Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Semi Final

Go down 
+10
bk 1
Kildare98
rockman83
Morrissey
naked-lilly
Botch
micky murphy
SeamusMurphy
bob12
BarrowSideBlue
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrowSideBlue
Junior A
Junior A

All Ireland Semi Final Empty
PostSubject: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 am

Monasterevin play Finuge in the All Ireland Intermediate club Semi Final on Sunday at 2pm in the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick. Finuge with players such as Paul Galvin and Kerry manager Eamon Fitzmaurice are heavy favourites at 1/5 but we re not letting that bother us too much around here, would be interesting to hear other members of the forum thoughts on our chances . I would like to wish the lads the best of luck and the same to the Kildare Vec team in their Leinster Final on Friday.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 am

best of luck to Monasterevin hopefully the 1st of many AI semi appearances from all Kildare teams in all codes
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 am

Feckin hell the Bookies arent giving Monasterevin much chance on Sunday BSB.. I suppose the fact that Finuge won the Munster title without Galvin and Fitzmaurice has a bearing on those odds.
I wish them luck, looks like theyll need it if we go by those odds.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 am

Best of luck to Monasterevan in their achievements so far this year think they can do it seemingly they have put in massive work this year and Paschal Keelaghan seems to have them flying. They bring a massive work rate to all their games and have the right attitude. They also have nobody on the Kildare panel which is strange when you consider some people on that panel over the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 am

I think they ahve a good chance myself. The brand of football they play gives them a chance and suits this competition big time. They will put them under serious pressure on the ball. If the monasterevin forwards are on form especially the free taker they have a good chance.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 am

Are you related to me Micky ? Very Happy
Its a good point re: "Monasterevin having no County Player".. Think their more of a Team than any stand out individuals..
One must wonder when you look at JTB with their County Panelists how their not Senior Champions let alone Intermediate Champions, for example, C McNally, D Flynn and B Flanagan who all started in the Forwards V Offaly Sunday.. Add in the other Panelists, P Cribben and S Hurley and you would wonder how its Monasterevin in an All Ireland Semi and not JTB ?
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Are you related to me Micky ? Very Happy
Its a good point re: "Monasterevin having no County Player".. Think their more of a Team than any stand out individuals..
One must wonder when you look at JTB with their County Panelists how their not Senior Champions let alone Intermediate Champions, for example, C McNally, D Flynn and B Flanagan who all started in the Forwards V Offaly Sunday.. Add in the other Panelists, P Cribben and S Hurley and you would wonder how its Monasterevin in an All Ireland Semi and not JTB ?

bottlers Smile
Back to top Go down
Morrissey
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 am

I think the big thing that has been mentioned already is the term 'TEAM'. A number of very talented players doesn't guarantee success sometimes it is very hard to get the blend right, perhaps that has been Johnstownbridge's downfall in recent years, a very talented team on paper but just not able to bring it all together. I'm certain they will break down that door at some stage though!

Anyway best of luck to Monasterevan in the semi final on sunday, they have every chance if they keep up the workrate that brought them this far.
Back to top Go down
rockman83
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 am

Best of luck to Monasterevan tomorrow they are up against it according to the bookies who don't get it wrong too often but hopefully they can give a good account of themselves and upset the odds. A lot will probably depend on how they deal with Galvin and Fitzmaurice and take their chances when they come.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Best of luck to Monasterevan. Wayne Fitzpatrick is a terrific young player. Incidentally, I saw Finuge described in one of the local papers during the week as "an unfashionable club". I would have thought with Galvin Klein in the line-up they'd be the most fashionable club around. Anyway, best of luck once again to Monasterevan!
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:20 pm

best of luck to monasterevin today, 4/1 in the bookies so i might just have a tenner on them, a ballykelly tenner that is, bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 2:53 am

finuge 0-9 monasterevan 0-5
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 4:12 am

Hard luck to Monasterevan on what was a great Year for Ye, and Ye did the County proud.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:29 am

On a sour note.. While I thought that Fitzmaurice and Galvin were very good for Finuge, and Fitzmaurice to his credit did shake hands with all the Monasterevan Players.. Galvin on the other hand couldnt get off the Pitch quick enough.. A real Hero Shocked
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 am

Fitzmaurice & Galvin were class. They pulled the strings and controlled the whole game. They kicked no wides in the first half against a counter attacking team. They had the homework done & executed the game plan to perfection.
Monasterevan were just out of their dept. Only scoring 3 points with the wind was terrible. But they have struggled to score all year.

As for Galvin shaking hands or not. What difference does it make? The man is an outstanding footballer. So what if he did rush off the pitch, it was no worse than Keeleghan's statement on KFM, that Finuge wouldn't win an All-Ireland.

Well done on the year that you had Monasterevan but don't belittle it by nit picking trivialities.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm

I am disappointed they did not won but a great year for them. Well Done. As for Galvin. So what. Maybe he was in a rush to get to work or something. I have done it myself where the match is bearly over and I had to rush off to work.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:07 pm

heard galvin gave ger mcnally an interview for kcr after the game. wouldnt be a favourite of mine galvin but if he had time for a media interview he had the time to show repect to the opposition and shake a few hands. he didnt have to shake everyones. then again the word respect would not be linked heavily with Paul Galvin. Now the word media and attention hmmmmmmmmm clown
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Spot on lastline..its respect for the opposition.. That was my point BTA. Not to belittle anyone. But sur what has respect got to do with it?, dosent cost anything to say " hard luck lads" does it?
As for the Game itself, agree Finuge deserved their win, no doubts. They had the better Forwards and more scoring threat.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Respect, ethos etc. isn't it amazing how sensitive people can be when it suits. Who's to say Galvin didn't shake his markets hand before he rushed off?
How many of the other Finuge players left the pitch without speaking to or shaking Monasterevan hands? Nobody knows or cares, because this is Paul Galvin.

If we're talking about respect. Where was the Monasterevan mangers respect when he went on the radio telling Kildare listeners that Finuge wouldn't win any All-Ireland?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:36 pm

Nothing to do with P Galvin or his fan Club. The rest of the Finuge Players stayed on the Field, and you would have known this BTA if you were at the match, as I was, supporting the Team representing the County.. As for Kelleghans remarks, I dont agree, as I think they will win the Final.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:26 am

It dosent matter if you agree with Keeleghan's comments or not. If you claim Galvin insulted people by apparently not shaking hands. Then the managers comments were even more insulting.

I left 5 mins before the end - the game was well over - to collect the missus from her shopping crusade and to bet the traffic. I've no interest in watching hand shakes or lads take jerseys off or a y other meaningless tripe.

The best team won. Good luck to them in the final. Hard luck to Monasterevan and done in the year they had. 2013 will be very tough for them. Although listening to the in laws, they don't think so...
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:41 am

Have to say what I saw after the match and that alot of Finuge players did shake hands with Monsaterevin players when the game was over, even if some left the pitch rather quickly, also thought the game was played in the right spirit although I did think some of the Monasterevin players went out of their way to have a go at Galvin and were rightly booked........the Kerry team were physical stronger in alot of positions all over the pitch, Galvin and Fitzmaurice had fine games and did dominate most of the play around the middle, small little corner forward caused all kinds of problems for the Monasterevin defence all through the game. I was talking to a mate after the game and he told me that the had been talking to Galvin and a few of his friends, Galvin played the game with 2 broken fingers on his right hand he had broken the week before in a challenge match.......you wouldn't think he had any injury the way he played......imo every team needs a player of the caliber of Paul Galvin to be successful......he might rub people up the wrong way but he's a winner on the field of play and i'd have him on my team any day.......IMO of coarse...
Back to top Go down
rockman83
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:44 am

So what if he ran off do you really think that the players even cared that he didn't shake their hands they have just lost a huge game the last thing they are thinking of is Paul Galvin.
It was a sporting game with not one dirty blow in it that Finuge deserved to win so don't take from that.

As for Keelaghan it was bad form to make the comment he did even if I think he is right I can't see finuge winning either however it shouldn't take from a great year for Monasterevan but they will be in for a tough 2013.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:51 am

Could be a very tough Year for Monasterevan alright.
Maybe I am too sensitive BTA, yeah, Maybe thats it..
When my 9 Year Old goes out to Play later in the Year at U10s, Ill tell him to forget about that hand shaking crap / tripe after the Matches are over because its meaningless.. and if he asks me about the " GIVE RESPECT - GET RESPECT " Logo, Ill tell him dont be too fecking sensitive Son, you dont need to shake anyones hand, win, lose or draw.
Now Im off to join the local UFC Club to get all that sensitive sh_ _ e knocked out of me..
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:59 am

Up to you how you rear ur child Seamus. But after the exhibition of football that Galvin gave on Sunday, all you can comment on is his alleged failure to shake hands. It smacks of a sore loser to me.

And maybe Im wrong. But U/10 go games is a hell of a long way from All Ireland football. There's plenty of clubs and club players in Kildare who don't GIVE RESPECT. Do you highlight all those?

#justasking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi Final   All Ireland Semi Final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Semi Final
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next