Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?

Go down 
+20
Admin
peile
Sam1928
centreback
shoutitout
flourman
flyonthewall
Stonecold
Loads of Pints
ChillDara
Ogie
white hope
kickingking
MD
abl
Rex
kildarecat
Jimmy winning matches
walsheman
gibbs
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?   Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 pm

I'm still waiting for these people who have doubts over McGeeney to come up with the alternative also JME.
I've never hidden the fact that I'm a huge admirer of McGeeney both when he was a player and now when he's our manager.
I've always said he should stay, even in the immediate aftermath of louthgate.
I'm not saying I told you so, it could easily have went pear shaped
Against Antrim.

I want Sam1928 who doubted mcgeeneys tactics, kildarecat who has doubts, flyonthewall who thinks he made us a bunch of showmen thugs to answer me this.
How the f@ck does that pie taste?
Hope everyone is enjoying every fuppin spoonful.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?   Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:59 pm

No Fionn you're not saying I told you so at all. That's obvious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?   Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:05 pm

No no. I'm not the told you so type.

However if the shoe was on the other foot I imagine flyonthewall and co
Would be on here calling for Geezers head.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?   Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:07 pm

was a doubt all time now like type of football are playing and the backs have improve alot since louth games seems the meeting on monday after louth game has works wonders
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?   Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 pm

But it's not like they just come up with that style of football now. That's the way they were playing last year.... it's just not been easy to get back to that due to the massive upheaval in player personnel. Beginning to have a bit of consistency of selection at last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?   Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Kieran McGeeney wasn't in the least bit surprised by Kildare's 11-point drubbing of Derry in Saturday's All-Ireland football qualifier.

"I don't think you can be surprised," the Lilywhites boss said.

"The fellas have displays like that in them. As soon as it's over, you get five minutes of adulation and you're back to it. A few people were telling me to lighten up but they'll be the same guys that'll be knocking me down next week if we don't win.

"It was a good display, there's no doubt about it. Our full back line was tight, half back line was good on the breaks, we had an exceptional display from Leper (Eamonn Callaghan). It's a great result for us up here."

He added: "I have faith in this bunch of lads and have since I came in. I think they're well capable of competing for major honours. That's just words. As long as they get strongly mentally week-in, week-out, the football is there, there's no questioning their football ability."
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?   Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Top man, you know he can see the talent in the squad. I think the hardest thing he has to overcome is the mental side. There is a terrible defeatist attitude prevailing in the County for decades and that's hard to shift.

Even some of their own supporters and county men would rather bust a blood vessel than give them any kind of compliment or dare say that they are a decent team.

They are not here at the moment but you can guarantee it that as soon as the curtain falls on our season they will be on here throwing rubbish around again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?   Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:59 pm

There lurking in the grass that got a bit of a mow over the weekend, waiting for it to grow again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?   Who can predict geezers line up for Derry? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who can predict geezers line up for Derry?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3