Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer

Go down 
+31
abl
shoutitout
Cilldara_2000
white boy
archie
milltownmary
johnsmyth
micky murphy
Jimmy winning matches
jimmers
nuxer
LillieLad
murof
MD
SeamusMurphy
standhimup
Xavi
Ogie
topcat
kildaregaa365
flourman
OutTheGap
tomoneillandhissisteranne
jj
kickingking
Stonecold
if_in_doubt
Kildare98
lilysavage
Westside
Rex
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:29 am

Ogie wrote:
jj wrote:
A division 4 team plain and simple, no point in trying to big them up. If we don't have 8 to spare at the end it will be a disappointment

What did Kerry have to spare over them?

I'd lay money Clare will be happy with the draw too. It's just one of those... you're not going to get any credit for winning it but that's better than you're gonna get for losing it. Take a one-point win. Remember Limerick a couple of years ago?

Gary Brennan is one of the top midfielders around - no-one aware of him here but he's a Paddy Keenan type - strong in the air and good for a few points. We won't be kicking the ball down the middle anyway but they will. And Rory Donnelly and the Collins boys are very good forwards.

What you'd hope is that Kildare's forwards will do damage if they get enough ball. Carlow scored 2-13 despite getting hockeyed. But it was some mauling of Carlow, given they'd beaten Waterford and Waterford took Clare to a replay.

It's the Kerry performance that is the one though. If that doesn't have you on your guard and you're talking about Division 4 and tradition and should be winning by eight points or more, you could be in for a bumpy land. Don't think Kildare can be talking like that about anyone.

Right now though, I'm just still delighted with their response to Meath in Newry. That was excellent.

Clare were beaten by 4 Ogie by a Kerry team not out of 2nd gear by all accounts. Of course I'd take a victory of any sorts on Saturday night but I would hope and expect that it should be comfortable enough for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 4:35 am

Should beat them but cannot be complacent, we need to play well I would start Smith and Eoin Doyle for Flats and Keith Cribben, if Mick O'Grady is fit I would definitely bring him in for Hugh McGrillen too.

Thought we played well against Down thought Fitzpatrick played very well on his first championship outing, Ollie is prob our best back other than Peter Kelly and is tigerish in the tackle and his pace causes the opposition serious problems going forward. Bolton was unreal too played pretty much everywhere and curbed the threat of Poland and Laverty, scored a lovely point too. I thought Hughie was caught behind Coulter and Coulter destroyed him at times Coulter is unreal though. The half backs did very well Conway is growing into the position every game has the tendency to hold onto the ball and risk loosing the ball but was brilliant otherwise. Cribbin was good going forward and worked his ballox off I would like to see a half back line of Eoin Doyle, Conway and Bolton

The Midfield did well in parts Chalky had a stormer and drove us on at the start of the game when we looked a bit nervy. Tommy worked his ballox off but was up against one of the best midfielders in the game, I would keep the same midfield again and if were loosing a lot of ball bring in Hughie Lynch, thought he did well and made one savage catch. In the half forward line Id have Paudi, Niall Kelly and Leper all good aul players and work hard, Niall came in and out of the game but when we really needed him he scored two good points. In the full forward line Id love to have Podge Tomas and Alan Smith but know that wont happen.

Never thought wed get the win on saturday but delighted we did when the game went level I pretty much shit myself but the players showed some great character to kick on and win the match we have to keep on improving!!

Last edited by LillieLad on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nuxer
Intermediate
Intermediate
nuxer

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 4:36 am

Xavi wrote:
any word on when the game is? who the ref is?

our 2 nd favourite cavan man , should have no bearing on the outcome
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 am

nuxer wrote:
Xavi wrote:

Joe fucking McQuillan  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 4:53 am

LillieLad wrote:
nuxer wrote:
Xavi wrote:

Please tell me you are joking  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 5:06 am

flourman wrote:
LillieLad wrote:
nuxer wrote:
Xavi wrote:

Please tell me you are joking  Shocked 

Well at least it should lessen the chances of him reffing us against either Donegal or Monaghan...
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 5:22 am

However good Clare are Carlow still managed to put 2-13 past them. No need for complacency but we should win this with something to spare.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:08 am

so if win saturday night we play losers from ulster final on 2 august if win that its ulster champions or leinster champions on saturday 9 august in quarters finals
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Either Monaghan or Donegal would be a huge test, as both would be in the Class of the so called "Big Teams" that We havnt been able to beat over the last Number of Years..
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:03 pm

jimmers wrote:
However good Clare are Carlow still managed to put 2-13 past them. No need for complacency but we should win this with something to spare.

... add in that this Clare team drew with Waterford in Ennis, we should and will win this game - provided the attitude is right. I know they ran Kerry to 4 points but that was a Kerry without Buckley or O'Donoghue who accounted for 14 points between them against Cork.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:19 pm

To me for a game like this Kildare should be worrying about Kildare, if every Kildare player is on top of his game and wins his personal battle and all the 50:50 ball and more along with ensuring we are hungrier and more ruthless than Clare to win we should come out on the right side of the result of this potential banana skin which to me would be similar to a Wicklow game years ago where we lost!
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 12:13 am

It seems like people on the forum and around the county are starting to get behind the team. A win on saturday evening is crucial, last weeks win shows we have potential and hopefully lessons have been learned and we can get over this potential banana skin.
Great to be looking forward after the post mortem that followed the leinster semi defeat. It took some balls to go to Down and win against a team most consider fairly strong. If the momentum could be built on this week we can beat a Clare team that are confident have nothing to lose and will know our weaknesses but may not know our strengths.
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 1:38 am

As I now reside in the Banner county I can honestly tell you they have no fear of playing Kildare. A couple of the hurlers have rejoined the panel since last week and fitness will not be a problem for them. If we turn up in Ennis expecting an easy ride they will tear us apart, they hit hard and hit often as Kerry found out. Dont forget we were 2 divisions ahead of Meath and they thought us a lesson. Its all or nothing at this stage and Clare have nothing to lose, they are in bonus territory and will give it a hell of a lash..
Travelling home from ennis is easy as dublin bus run a coach every hour from dunnes stores to kildare village up to 1am
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:59 am

We were only one division ahead of Meath this year and now we are both in the same place. However Div 1 this year has been a poor guide to the Championship as only Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and Cork are still in the race for Sam and the latter have been very poor so far.
Div 2 looks really strong with Donegal, Monaghan, Meath and Armagh still going strong. Clare had a good league and in a way I am glad its an away game as it will focus the minds better on the game. We are far from the finished article yet but I think we have some very good footballers who will thrive on a series of matches.
I honestly thought we would lose to Down last week but now feel that game could be a turning point similar to the Derry game in 2010.
Better days ahead!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:46 am

I don't know where you got any notion that hurlers have joined the football panel, according to the manager himself, they have not drafted any hurlers into the panel.

http://hoganstand.com/Clare/ArticleForm.aspx

Also the last bus I could find leaves Ennis for Kildare Village at 8pm - not 1am.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 am

Podge Collins plays both.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:12 am

Was not involved with the hurlers last week - he chose to stick with footballers
Back to top Go down
archie
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:59 am

He was suspended after first Wexford match
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:29 am

Any team news lads?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:53 am

In the morning I'd say like last week
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 am

Lads to win this we need to put it to bed in the first 15m . We need to score 4 to 5 points and get on top . Teams like Clare are not able to respond as the big teams are . If you trade p for p they love that. I hope j.ryan see whenever we in trouble and moves on it fast . Not waiting for the ref to give one of our players a card. .p.s h. Lynch should start in the middle of park
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:25 pm

johnsmyth wrote:
It seems like people on the forum and around the county are starting to get behind the team. A win on saturday evening is crucial, last weeks win shows we have potential and hopefully lessons have been learned and we can get over this potential banana skin.

This is true and it's not the "expectation mode" that we used to have many years ago but the "let's get behind the lads and hope they do well" mode of the last few years. Much better than the "I wouldn't cross to road to watch that shower" attitude a lot of people seemed to have so far this year.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:02 pm

1. Mark Donnellan Maynooth
2. Ciaran Fitzpatrick Kilcock
3. Hugh McGrillen Celbridge
4. Ollie Lyons Celbridge
5. Emmet Bolton Eadestown
6. Fergal Conway Celbridge
7. Keith Cribbin Johnstownbridge
8. Tommy Moolick Leixlip
9. Gary White Sarsfields
10. Cathal McNally Johnstownbridge
11. Niall Kelly Athy
12. Padraig O’Neill St. Laurences
13. Eamonn Callaghan Naas
14. Padraig Fogarty St. Laurences
15. Eoghan O’Flaherty Carbury
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Kildare V Clare 1. M Donnellan 2.C.Fitzpatrick 3.H. McGrillen 4.O. Lyons 5. E.Bolton 6. F.Conway 7.K.cribbin 8.T,Moolick 9. G.White 10. C.McNally 11. N.Kelly 12. P O Neill 13. E.Callaghan 14.P.Fogarty 15.E O Flaherty
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:04 pm

I can't help but feel Smith is very unlucky not to be starting has played very well in every game hes played so far this year and Flats wasn't great last week other than that happy enough with the team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer   Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clare v Kildare round 3B qualifer
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next