Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+72
bigball
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 5:43 am

There’s no excuse for that. Literally none. It’s embarrassing, but far from shocking.
We’ve a county board, run by amadans. Anything to be said for a sponsored walk?

(I’m putting that at the end of every post about the county board, club Kildare, or Conleth’s park, until or if ever, they prove me wrong)
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 7:59 am

What's the issue with the sponsored walk anyway? Didn't it raise 90k or something? We are hardly in a position to sniff at that. Doesn't stop us from pursuing corporate sponsorship

OutSideOfTheBoot likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 8:04 pm

lily4fr wrote:
What's the issue with the sponsored walk anyway? Didn't it raise 90k or something? We are hardly in a position to sniff at that. Doesn't stop us from pursuing corporate sponsorship

Its the fact that it was done, whilst on the surface, no attempts have been made to get bigger sponsors.

Or I’ll rephrase that, we haven’t gotten any bigger sponsors.

The walk is the lowest common denominator. No thought required. And they raised 90k. Imagine what they could’ve raised with a bit more effort.

Also, 90k spread out amongst the teams is pocket money. Would it even cover physios and Doctor’s bills?

We need a bit more thinking surrounding these things. The last decent fundraiser they did was Geezer’s fight night.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 8:04 pm

lily4fr wrote:

Its the fact that it was done, whilst on the surface, no attempts have been made to get bigger sponsors.

Or I’ll rephrase that, we haven’t gotten any bigger sponsors.

The walk is the lowest common denominator. No thought required. And they raised 90k. Imagine what they could’ve raised with a bit more effort.

Also, 90k spread out amongst the teams is pocket money. Would it even cover physios and Doctor’s bills?

We need a bit more thinking surrounding these things. The last decent fundraiser they did was Geezer’s fight night.
Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 11:08 pm

I agree, considering we've some of the biggest multinational companies in the world in our county ie Intel. They wouldn't miss a $$. Wonder has it ever been looked at. Good opportunity for them, playing a part in the community and all that.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 12:41 am

Just on multinationals, I know Pfizer sponsored the senior football championship for a number of years, maybe between 2009 and 2011 but have had no involvement since for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 12:45 am

topcat wrote:
Just on multinationals, I know Pfizer sponsored the senior football championship for a number of years, maybe between 2009 and 2011 but have had no involvement since for whatever reason.
probably need links in these multinationals to get money from them

I know intel give donation to club of employees every so many years
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2022 9:59 pm

As noted, we need an 'in' with those companies or else you need to present something to them.

Even if we are not doing well on the field companies will buy in to the GAA to access the community. 90k is a serious amount of money but like it shows how much money was left behind.
A walk gives people who are not the usual hardcore supporters nothing. And even those who did pay would have liked some fun attached.

Race days and golf outings are also nothing to be sniffed at. But, I don't see how we don't raffle a house when other counties eg Wexford actually made money raffling a house in our county. Even clubs are doing it!

If streaming is done right, it can also bring extra revenue. How many neutrals looked out the window for the county final and said feck it - i'll do KFM.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2022 10:41 pm

Flamingo wrote:
As noted, we need an 'in' with those companies or else you need to present something to them.

Even if we are not doing well on the field companies will buy in to the GAA to access the community. 90k is a serious amount of money but like it shows how much money was left behind.
A walk gives people who are not the usual hardcore supporters nothing. And even those who did pay would have liked some fun attached.

Race days and golf outings are also nothing to be sniffed at. But, I don't see how we don't raffle a house when other counties eg Wexford actually made money raffling a house in our county. Even clubs are doing it!

If streaming is done right, it can also bring extra revenue. How many neutrals looked out the window for the county final and said feck it - i'll do KFM.

Offaly gag did walk last year raised over 200,000
Westmeath gaa did walk last year raised over €140,000

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 3:27 am

Offaly picked a day to do it if I'm not mistaken? Even that makes a difference.
Make an event of things. Get the players to press the flesh and try to get some other names involved.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 3:30 am

Flamingo wrote:
Offaly picked a day to do it if I'm not mistaken? Even that makes a difference.
Make an event of things. Get the players to press the flesh and try to get some other names involved.
yes and so did Westmeath

Ballyteague gaa pick a day for there walk was great success.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 3:47 am

I’m also sure a certain golfer probably generously donated to the walk.
The house raffle is a great idea. There are estates popping up all over the county. So much so, that other counties are raffling houses in Kildare. We can’t sort ourselves out to do that though.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 3:48 am

Simplest way to raise money easily would be to drop the price of club Kildare. I know loads and loads who would love to join but can’t afford to.
Simple economics, drop the price, see demand rise and overall takings will follow.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 3:51 am

Badger85 wrote:
Simplest way to raise money easily would be to drop the price of club Kildare. I know loads and loads who would love to join but can’t afford to.
Simple economics, drop the price, see demand rise and overall takings will follow.
. We have the same agreement this time next year  about Kildare gaa lack of fundraising   Notting go change  in county board. They lack vision.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2022 3:45 am

Imagine st conleths has no wfi and chairman of club Kildare in topdog in National broadband Ireland

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2022 3:57 am

Jaysus, WiFi is well done the “things to do” list for Conleth’s. What a kip! Sure all we can do is laugh. Giving out here will solve nothing. We’ll pay the entry fees next year, like we always do and they’ll behave like they always do.
You’d see more ambition for the future on death row! They could’ve widened the pitch at very little cost and it might even have been ready for next year. They could’ve pulled down the iron fencing around the pitch, painted the goals, painted the walls, fixed the signs… heated thr shower water. Instead they stand like puddings on the balcony surveying all before them, like kings. The emperor is wearing no clothes though.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2022 6:46 am

The pitch being widened would suit us a bit and I'm amazed no-one has got a doing from the wall. It's a severe hazard.

Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 6:25 pm

Just when you think there's no hope of this happening you're reeled back in.

https://kildare-nationalist.ie/2022/11/02/st-conleths-redevelopment-to-commence-in-2023-county-board-chairman/

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 8:25 pm

It’s amazing how they always come out and say it’s due to start next year, every year, around the renewal dates for sponsors and club Kildare…..
fool me once, shame on you, fool me 6,7,8 times…. I’m a massive fool.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 10:53 pm

I'm trying to start looking at the positives in that if the money is released it has to be spent.

The Nationalist has lots of good news it seems with revenue up everywhere and sleeve sponsors. The split season did us no harm and I did notice more supporters in general.

They said 300k from Club Kildare, and again I would say imagine if there was some thought put into the fundraisers.

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 11:15 pm

'On a night when good news stories abounded from the top table the Chairman said that the County Board Management were determined that the work would commence next year.'

Not really a statement of fact from the chairman, I will believe it when I see it, then again that's what I said 5 years ago as well, Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
*Southernsupporter*
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2022 12:05 am

Great to see all the positive news coming out of Kildare GAA last night.

Amazingly some ‘supporters’ still try to put a negative spin on it.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2022 2:51 am

@Southern Supporter... Do you really blame people !!! The proof is in the pudding and all that ... Conleths is a disgrace and until we see tangible improvements , everything else is talk and promises which we have heard for many many years
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2022 3:02 am

I attended my first match in St Conleths in the 1960's and not much has changed since then so please excuse my lack of excitement with yet another statement.

White Bridge likes this post

Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 8:17 pm

Exactly this... Until sod is turned and there are lads on the ground, statements and sound bites will not cut it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 15 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next