Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+72
bigball
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 5:13 am

Update: Planning permission granted for new clubhouse and widening of pitch to 'near croke park dimensions'. Great news, and the beginning of a hugely positive step.
Back to top Go down
Hated in the Nation
Junior C
Junior C
Hated in the Nation

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 5:28 am

Great news!
Not for us slow backs do,
Always love Newbridge's tight pitch.
Dressing rooms are beyond a joke do
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:54 pm

The tight pitch in Newbridge , in my opinion, has not helped us at all in last 10 years. It has evened things up for of lot of average teams . An example would be when we almost got beaten V Antrim in 2010. Following week we skint them on big hurling pitch that was Casement Park. I think we play better on OMoore Park and Navan. Certainly pitch in Conleths is not good preparation for Croke Park. Be great to see the place touched up properly.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Agree. We seem to play better away from home these days, and struggle in conleths.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:57 pm

Would it cost a lot to stick a run-of-the-mill roof over a terrace or two? Never understand why GAA grounds never bother. (Also never understand why GAA grounds always knock the existing stand to build a new one, rather than building it across from existing stand and having two, although in our case I get the space and light issues with houses against far terrace.)
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 5:47 am

With the houses behind the terrace planning permission would be difficult as a roof would be very high in relation to the houses cutting off sun & light, just as planning was refused for lights on those grounds............ So stand & roof probably have to be on the other side..............
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 7:11 am

I often thought why they never roofed the Town End Terrace. Always a great view from that side and a roof would make it more attractive to stand on! Just picture the terrace behind the goal in Nowlan Park - all roofed!

On the opposite end - Athgarvan / Kilcullen end, there is absolutely no view of the pitch from that side. Too low and too far away from pitch itself. Hopefully by altering the dimensions of the field they intend to bring the pitch closer to that end and breaking down the block walls that surround the field!
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 8:17 am

the dubs getting a new 40000 seater at newlands cross selling parnell park ?
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 2:18 am

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 2:42 am

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 4:23 am

Few questions.

1. If not being placed on the clubs, where is €4.5m coming from? I know it says 10-year seats and naming and so on but given numerous factors the aim and reality don't add up for me.

2.  Was the problem with health and safety not partly due to terraces? Did this change or will they also be updated?

3. If a three-year project, can we play our home league games in Athy. Monaghan, Antrim and Cork have used club grounds across the secondary competition without complaint, can we and will we?

4. Lastly, and this isn't Kildare but a long-held gripe with GAA grounds being rip offs. Is this really bang for buck. A 6m stand? Look at what St Mirren recently built for 8m in terms of an entire stadium. Or Oxford United for a little more. Or Chesterfield. I could go on and on. I know dimensions are different but not to point of this. Essentially why can soccer clubs cross-channel build decent stadia for little more than the cost of what is a very basic stand?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Few questions.

1. If not being placed on the clubs, where is €4.5m coming from? I know it says 10-year seats and naming and so on but given numerous factors the aim and reality don't add up for me.

2.  Was the problem with health and safety not partly due to terraces? Did this change or will they also be updated?

3. If a three-year project, can we play our home league games in Athy. Monaghan, Antrim and Cork have used club grounds across the secondary competition without complaint, can we and will we?

4. Lastly, and this isn't Kildare but a long-held gripe with GAA grounds being rip offs. Is this really bang for buck. A 6m stand? Look at what St Mirren recently built for 8m in terms of an entire stadium. Or Oxford United for a little more. Or Chesterfield. I could go on and on. I know dimensions are different but not to point of this. Essentially why can soccer clubs cross-channel build decent stadia for little more than the cost of what is a very basic stand?
Athy does not meet health and safety standards
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 4:40 am

Although you can only welcome this especially the chance of floodlights being installed, I will stick by my opinion that I will believe it when I see the machines roll in and tear it down. Up until last night they had a three phase plan to complete the works for which I understand they had obtained planning permission to commence on the pitch and dressing rooms.
Now that planning has been thrown aside and they need to apply again. This as stated will take an extra six months, then they are hoping to get grants as in that article nothing has been guaranteed. They also hope to sell seats. Unless we start getting home championship games regularly whats the point. Sure you can turn up at any match and get a seat if you want.
Naming rights, how much will we be able to get for that if anyone actually wants to part with their cash for a stadium that never gets a big game in the summer. Lastly envisioned to have it complete in three years, lets be honest in Kildare GAA terms three years is a hell of a long time.

I'll believe when I'm sat in the new stands watching a game on a Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 pm

That's unfortunately always the case in Ireland because planning is such an unknown. I presume they have had some discussions with people living around it but the floodlights could be an issue for residents for example.

As for the bigger costs, again, that's Ireland. Speak to any construction people that have worked in UK and here and it's different kettle of fish in terms of regulation, how workers and subbies are treated, cost - cowboy and screwing quotient much higher here.

So, it is only right to say - that sounds great, it's good to see they have a plan and congratulations on that - but it is a long way from being done. A lot of hurdles to clear yet but good start.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 6:28 pm

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-shelve-plans-for-45m-spawell-stadium-36063877.html

Change of plan by Dublin. Is this just a cry for help to see will Croke Park and Leinster Council approach and offer more to develop a 30k stadium??
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:48 am

Quite a bit of info in here from Kildare Now:

- naming rights
- cost of the development
- timelines
- funding including hopes for government grant
- bar for members
- Club Kildare memberships at €2,500 a pop.. that would have to be lifetime membership!

https://www.kildarenow.com/sport/kildare-gaa-sell-naming-rights-county-grounds-raise-funds-st-conleths-park-redevelopment/198669
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 5:23 am

Planning decision within 3-6 months

Development starting in April 2019 depends on finance available. 10. - 12 months to complete

Grounds to close no decision yet . If closed all Allianz Football and Hurling League games away in 2020
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 6:59 pm

fone wrote:
Planning decision within 3-6 months

Development starting in April 2019 depends on finance available.  10. - 12 months to complete

Grounds to  close  no decision yet . If closed  all  Allianz Football and Hurling League games away in 2020

I don’t get that. If Donegal can play in Ballyshannon and Tipp in Clonmel surely we could play in Athy, Clane, Towers, Hawkfield? Even out a temporary stand up for the duration of the league somewhere if necessary. Cricket Ireland put up an entire temporary stadium in Malahide for matches. Or play on a neutral ground (Tullamore / Portlaoise). Don’t get why it has to be away?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 7:07 pm

Agree completely 365. Clonmel was some hole yet no issue playing there. A bit of fore planning and a temporary stand could be erected in Hawkfield for the league. Problem solved. To play all games away is a ridiculous suggestion.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Tullamore for me all day long..........!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Rex wrote:
Agree completely 365. Clonmel was some hole yet no issue playing there. A bit of fore planning and a temporary stand could be erected in Hawkfield for the league. Problem solved. To play all games away is a ridiculous suggestion.
it’s rule from Croke Park but in 2021 league season Kildare have 7 home games .
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 8:57 pm

What rule would prevent us playing in (say) Athy if Clonmel is deemed inter-County standard?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 9:03 pm

kildaregaa365 wrote:
What rule would prevent us playing in (say) Athy if Clonmel is deemed inter-County standard?
What about grassbanks on three sides fans not allowed on them under health and rules, Croke Park force London to play All their. League games away last year when Ruislip was being redeveloped this why they have all home games this year.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Didn't stop them playing the our game in Clonmel, where there was a cow shed for a stand and grass banking everywhere else. Not getting at you fone, but it all seem double standards where certain counties are concerned.

Either way I'll stick to my original assessment in that I'll believe it will be built when I'm sitting in it.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:24 pm

fone wrote:
kildaregaa365 wrote:
What about grassbanks  on three sides fans not allowed on them under health and rules,  Croke Park force London to play All their. League games away last year when Ruislip was being redeveloped this why they have all home games this year.

Grass banks were in use in Ballyshannon no problem. Open construction area in fact behind one goal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next