Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Fermanagh

Go down 
+19
Dinny Breen
Ogie
Lily8
OutTheGap
TommyKeegan
LillieLad
inexile
kickingking
moatesports
Kildare98
jimmers
lilywhites on tour
Jimmy winning matches
Flamingo
SeamusMurphy
kildaregaa365
Rex
Fizzer
tomoneillandhissisteranne
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 2:59 am

Dan Flynn's movement was excellent yesterday I thought and when he drives at teams he causes havoc, wouldn't play him anywhere else, Kildare reminded me of Dublin yesterday and their ability to score goals. O'Neill is starting to create competition for places which drive standards as well, which is why I lament Paddy Brophy, he would flourish in this system as well.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 3:02 am

How is Brophy getting on by the way? We'd better get him back soon as he's starting to look very Australian! Once the transformation is complete, there may never be any going back! http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/player-profile/paddy-brophy
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 3:26 am

Dan Flynn was booked yesterday (very harshly, barely a foul) and then was ticked after another foul so that could be why Cian O'Neill took him off.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 4:30 am

Yeah in fairness I know we gave away 14 points but some frees were awful. Quigley blatantly pushed Hyland I think at one stage and got the free.
Dan's yellow was an open hand attempt to flick the ball away.

One thing that you look at is that when the ground hardens this team should be able to open up more and Dan Flynn and the Cribbins will burn lads.

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 5:50 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
How is Brophy getting on by the way? We'd better get him back soon as he's starting to look very Australian! Once the transformation is complete, there may never be any going back!  http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/player-profile/paddy-brophy

Going well enough I believe. Don't think there is much chance of getting him back before 2019 unfortunately from our perspective
Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 am

Great win yesterday and having hoped we should target avoiding relegation at the start of the year , I know feel it would be disappointing not to be promoted. There has been nothing flukey about our victories, we look like a good team. A few comments/observations about yesterday:
1. Ollie Lyons: it's a first for me to see a corner forward go out and do a man marking job on a corner back! Most bizarre to see Ollie being pulled and dragged so much, obviously a sign of respect for his attacking threat.
2.First Ten minutes of the second half: we seemed to collapse against Derry , yesterday we effectively put the game to bed , doubling our lead. Excellent game management .
3. Dan Flynn. Immediately prior to being taken off he had 2 plays of the ball. The first was an ambitious cross field attempted pass to a corner forward that didn't work out. The second was an equally ambitious goal effort after a great solo run. Both would have been brilliant had they worked out but was it good game management at the time? Might have been a factor in being taken off? I don't know the answer, is it better to pop it over the bar or go for the spectacular goal when you are comfortably ahead?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 6:29 am

bigball wrote:
Wait till they see Jimmy hyland. Now theres a star in the making

Long way to go from minor.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:18 am

Highball wrote:
Yeah agree completely with that last point Johnny, bit of unpredictability and off the cuff play is what we have been missing for a long time.. Great to see.

Linked to that, does anyone think Dan Flynn was whipped off after he went for a goal rather than take the point . Would have been goal number 5.

You might be right highball but the chat around us was that he was already on a yellow and a tick so a red was a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:42 am

bigball wrote:
Wait till they see Jimmy hyland. Now theres a star in the making
recover from injury frist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Fermanagh
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3