Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Fermanagh

Go down 
+24
Shergar
sarsno1
Liffey Likes
kildaregaa365
Kildare98
steviegenius
TommyKeegan
LillieLad
shoutitout
flourman
Ogie
Rex
kelf
jj
murof
Cranky
Cilldara_2000
Sam1928
Onechance
Flamingo
bite the pillow
bigball
SeamusMurphy
jimmers
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Kildare v Fermanagh  Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:29 am

Time to turn the focus to Navan......... and Fermanagh

Just out of interest what is the capacity of Pairc Tailteann? Tickets will hardly be an issue
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:43 am

Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:22 am

13800 I was told. Would expect a big Kildare crowd
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:00 am

Would worry slightly about the 7 day turnaround after that energy sapping game. Having said that it's probably a bit easier with a win under your belt and the confidence up. As for the fans....let's turn Navan white on Saturday night !
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Jesus I think our boys didn't seem too sapped at the end of the game.
They were flying and if that does not energise the lads then there is something wrong.

I think the same 15 and away we go. As I said on the other thread that is two games in a row in serious heat where our bench did damage. Slattery glided along the ground

Feely must have done some work to get back for that game, so I hope his injury hasn't flared up. At one stage in the second half he let a little limp out of him and I was worried...
Niall Kelly will hopefully get the bit between the teeth too and come at the game stronger again.
Hard straight runs at Fermanagh will be key. Paul Cribbin and Conway are key men in that, plus Kevin Flynn is growing in each game.

26 degrees expected in Navan...
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:41 pm

This trend seems to be a bit slow on taking off..

Are we all gathering ourselves from the past week?

I think this will be a tight game and we will scrape over the line by 3-5 points..
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:21 pm

I see nothing but a comprehensive and confident win. I can only imagine it must be a great buzz in training this week.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Agreed. Keep her lit now boys.
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior A
Junior A
Cranky

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Lads Fermanagh have had two weeks rest, this will be our third week on the trot. This will be no cakewalk and we would be foolish given painful past experiences to think otherwise. If things aren't going to plan on Saturday, management will need a plan b and if that doesn't work a plan c and d if needed. Fermanagh will be a totally different nut to crack. In saying that, if we show the same intensity as the last day and homework is done we'll win.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:58 pm

Good article by Darragh O'Se outlining the dangers awaiting Kildare if their attitude isn't right. Says Monaghan took Fermanagh too lightly after a great win over Tyrone.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 12:26 am

100% agree that we can't sleepwalk into this.
Fermanagh will play like Carlow in that they will sit. One advantage we have over Monaghan is that we don't have one man to tie up and their main threat inside will be the Flynns who have more pace that McManus.
Then I am really liking the form of Conway and Cribbin coming into this one.
We need hard straight runners and the worst that happens is a free.
Their midfield have plenty of legs too, so will need minding.
I just think our workrate came up a notch the last day and we forced the issue.

From a defensive viewpoint frees need to be kept very low and we need options for Donnellan for quick kickouts.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:29 am

We started our attacks from defence against Mayo and at pace, something that was missing as recently as Longford where we built slowly and only tried to inject pace high up the pitch where we were getting bottled up. More of Mayo game tactics please Cian.
A good start and I'll be very confident but a sluggish start will see us dragged into a dogfight that we don't need. Still think we'll win either way
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 3:03 am

One other factor in addition to pace and hard running needed..............

Width

and looking back so many Kildare scores came from moves along the flanks...........

Daniel, Fergal and Johnny B points on the right

Paddy B pass to Paul along the left. Slats, Healy & Lepper up that wing late on.

Of course Peter K burst up the middle a few times, after winning the tackle. Speed being the secret there and for the wing moves....... So please no static play........
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 8:36 am

Just win. I don't care how. However in an ideal world we play with the same hunger, desire and skill from last Saturday. It's unlikely though as it will be nearly impossible to replicate the last week. I just hope they don't revert to the Carlow level of performance. We need to play with pace and purpose, plenty of hard runs and off the shoulder passes. It was interesting to see Flynn pull his man out wide on Saturday then burn him coming back in. Will Fermanagh allow their full back to follow him out.

Key men for us will be Cribbin and Conway. Those two make the bursts to break the line more than most. Neil Flynn has added an x-factor up front and it's no surprise we have won our last three since he started.

I think we will do it eventually. Kildare by 4.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 10:28 am

Sam1928 wrote:
I see nothing but a comprehensive and confident win. I can only imagine it must be a great buzz in training this week.

I'd say the Farney Men were in the same mode after defeating Tyrone and thought we'll tog out here.
Any such complacency and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Dirty, dirty game coming off the high of last weekend and given the completely different set of challenges. There'll be no kick passing for starters. The last time they were faced with this test, they failed it completely. You're hoping confidence is higher, that they'll be patient but what worked against Mayo, won't work here. Patience, intensity, attitude the same, but style of play, not a bit. Get over it by a point and run away with a big smile on your face, and don't give a crap about people remarking afterwords how poor it was or they were. The win is everything and I cannot for the life of me see how anyone thinks it will be easy. I hope ye are right.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Not complacency. Ive been there through the years starting as far back as Aughrim under Pat Fitzgearld and even Drogheda under Micko. This is different. Coming off the back of the week that was and seeing the togetherness of the supporters and players on the pitch afterwards I am totally and utterly convinced for probably the first time in my Kildare life that we will absolutely win this. 100%.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
Not complacency. Ive been there through the years starting as far back as Aughrim under Pat Fitzgearld and even Drogheda under Micko. This is different. Coming off the back of the week that was and seeing the togetherness of the supporters and players on the pitch afterwards I am totally and utterly convinced for probably the first time in my Kildare life that we will absolutely win this. 100%.

ah FFS 1928 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Mark my words. Eye rolls or whatever lads. We are winning Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm with Rex on this one, just win it. Don't care how bad or how good just win it.

Last time this team had a good win under them was the Cork game 3 years ago. That feeling didn't last long when they played Kerry the next week.

Good teams learn from their mistakes (not something we are noted for) but if we can learn from the Carlow game then we have a very good chance on Saturday.

Ogie, you are right in saying that the same game plan as last week will not work this week but if we can match the same desire, attitude and work rate then the outcome should be the same.

Kildare by 4
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 11:05 pm

Referee is Conor Lane.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:01 am

Yeah the confidence frightens me, I'd take a point win without a doubt!!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:32 am

Kildare by six, with a good start and a few goals proving the difference.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:48 am

Fermanagh beat Armagh and Monaghan so far this year Kildare could not beat either of them in the last year so even after last weekend this is going to be a totally different ball game. What i think is most important is to start well get the early scores, Looking at fermanagh the last day we more than likely win our own kickouts then build from there that is where we need player running off the shoulder quick passing and movement as lads said holding the ball up they will just go back into the structure get them out of there comfort zone. Its not going to be pretty to watch but if we can get into some sort of a lead then they will have to come out and play a bit which will suit us.
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:52 am

Having watched fermnagh first hand at the Ulster Final they do play extremely defensive, albeit not to the same extent as Carlow did. What I did notice was that Donegal pushed right up to stop them taking a quick kick out and forced them to go long, then crowded the middle with 8/9 players and they cleaned up on the breaks!
It was just Quigley in the full forward at all times with Donegal employing McFadden in front of him and he didn't want to know about it having to break out past a sweeper, P Kelly should take Quigley up and it wont be a problem for him.
The key is to get runners punching holes down the middle, get in front early and force them to come onto us.
I expect we should win by 4/5 points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Fermanagh
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next