Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Fermanagh

Go down 
+24
Shergar
sarsno1
Liffey Likes
kildaregaa365
Kildare98
steviegenius
TommyKeegan
LillieLad
shoutitout
flourman
Ogie
Rex
kelf
jj
murof
Cranky
Cilldara_2000
Sam1928
Onechance
Flamingo
bite the pillow
bigball
SeamusMurphy
jimmers
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:26 am

Well, the thing is that Fermanagh will fully pack them in at the back so I would want D Flynn to drift the odd time, even early on so that he can break through.
We need points on the board early to force them out a bit...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:24 am

I think this is going to be a very tough game.

I expect Fermanagh to take a leaf out of Carlow's book - try & rough us up & get in out faces. However, it's been notable that the Kildare defence have been shoving their opponents around before throw-in last couple of games - we need to take that mentality into this match. Let them know it's going to be played ON OUR TERMS.

When you attack against Fermanagh, very rarely is the quick inside ball on. So you usually have to work it up the pitch and be patient. Stretch them and look for the runners off the shoulder and the movement inside.

Believe me it's a lot more difficult than it sounds - particularly when you have gobshites in the crowd yelling at you to "kick it" (exactly what the Carlows & Fermanaghs of the world want you to do).

I'm telling you - it was shocking how badly we dealt with this type of defensive system against Carlow. Our other cardinal sin was defenders tearing up the field leaving huge gaps behind - which Carlow gleefully exploited when they turned us over.

Defenders: Time your runs! Make sure a bunch of you don't go at once, and also ensure we have plenty of cover back there if there's a turnover.

Otherwise, when the kickouts go long, we need to swarm those breaks and show the same sort of passion & desire we did last week.

Agree rotating Brophy & D Flynn is a good tactic because when the latter runs at teams from deep he is capable of doing anything.

One other point - Fermanagh are going to be filthy so we need to keep our discipline. NO RED CARDS.

Ideally, we build up a good early lead & break their spirit quickly. If we can carry out the gameplan with the same sort of energy and determination we showed last week, we should put ourselves in a good position.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 4:37 am

"Particularly when you have gobshites in the crowd yelling at you to "kick it"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 9:30 am

The key tomorrow is getting ahead of Fermanagh and staying ahead of them. 2 weeks ago we trailed Longford for most of the game - a team inferior to Fermanagh - and only took the lead in the last couple of minutes of normal time. Fermanagh will be better able to close out a game if they have the lead - they have a gameplan hardened in Ulster football.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 10:40 am

Team unchanged as you’d expect.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 2:11 pm

If mr douglas had to climb a wooden pole to make a simple phone call we can do this.  A MEATH friend of mine said that the best pint of guinness in navan is clems. see you all there.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 8:35 pm

bite the pillow wrote:
If mr douglas had to climb a wooden pole to make a simple phone call we can do this.  A MEATH friend of mine said that the best pint of guinness in navan is clems. see you all there.

Sounds like you went down last night to sample a few pillow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 9:26 pm

jj wrote:
bite the pillow wrote:

Sounds like you went down last night to sample a few pillow Very Happy
:Very Happy

Sounds like he had a few alright, I'd say his Mrs didn't have to "bite the pillow" last night such was the state he was in.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 5:59 am

Having been present at Carlow game and now tonight, simply cannot credit turnaround... Almost defies logic. Sensational first half performance. Next stop Super 8 town, choo-choo!
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 7:28 am

Fair play to cian and the lads . Really turned it around . Playing great stuff
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 8:44 am

Just back from match. Great performance from the lads tonight. Went a small bit flat for 15 mins near the end but that's understandable. Can't wait to see the 2nd goal on telly....it was bloody special in real life !!! A special word for the fans as well. Must have had 90 per cent of stadium. A white-out !
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 8:49 am

GAA twitter account has the second goal if you want to see it
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 10:07 am

Just looking back at the second goal again... Sums up the best & worst of modern football in one clip.

Fermanagh - 10 points down - concede the kickout. They let us work it up the field but the quality of our attacking play was incredible. Flynn does a STEPOVER in the corner before flicking it up & throwing it back to Brophy... Ends up with Conway who plays a lovely ball into Moolick. He palms it on to Doyle who sets up Flynn for the goal.

Genuinely was "tiki-taka Gaelic football" as Dick Clerkin called it. Delighted also for Neil Flynn - has had a terrible time with injuries but has played brilliantly since coming back.

Exciting times.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 10:38 am

Are we living a real life version of invasion of the body snatchers because I love to know what happened to this team. To go from Carlow to this last couple of weeks is indescribable. I'm actually lost for words.

Also was it not a sight to warm the heart to see the Kildare travelling support there tonight. A sea of white, like the good old days. Thought I'd never see it again.

Roll on the super 8's. If we win next week you'll need to sell a Kidney to get a ticket for Newbridge and even then it might not be enought to get you in. Happy , Happy days.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 10:47 am

Wow. That was seriously intelligent football in the first half. It is stunning to see that from Kildare teams on back to back nights. As much as I always enjoy watching us kick the crap out of Laois. I really want to see us have a crack at Moanaghan. Remember when lads were afraid to even shoot in the second half v Carlow? Must have been just a bad dream.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 11:29 am

6 weeks ago we were beaten by Carlow.

It seems like a different world to where we are now. The Super 8's beckon and on the back of two of the best Kildare performances in the last few years.

Lets just savour it for now...............
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Went back out to have a few pints and celebrate with my buddies. If you can't celebrate these last few weeks well when can you celebrate ! The reason i wanted to post again was a very simple one. I forgot to mention something earlier. Fair play to everyone on this forum. I used to be happy enough to read all the posts on here. It's only lately i got the courage to post a few myself. This is a bloody great forum, with very knowledgeable people who love their clubs and love their county. Long may it continue and prosper. It's bloody great to be a Lily !!!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 4:22 pm

The all out gung ho tactics were exactly what was needed against a Fermanagh team intent on keeping it tight, we had them rattled right from the off, basically won the game in that first 20 minutes, but there is no way we can or will be that open in the super 8's, we coughed up 18 scores and if Fermanagh had their rattled shooting boots on we could have conceded quite a few more.

Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 5:51 pm

That first 35 minutes, can anyone remember a better performance?, 40 years following them and I'm struggling to. question: were we that good or were Fermanagh very poor?, Newstalks presenter said during the week that we are a huge team of monsters, powerful, super fit and skillful, it was men against boys last night, another thing, amazing support again, the hunger is there, let the giant awaken......
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 7:43 pm

What a brilliant weekend for Kildare Gaa, The u20s on Friday and seniors yesterday, two of the most complete performances from any kildare teams i have ever witnessed. Well done all, Keep her lit #CillDaraAbu
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 7:57 pm

Am I dreaming or are the events of the last two weeks real? Incredible.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 8:08 pm

Next up = banish the Croke Park hoodoo.
Monaghan next Sunday, will be a very winnable game - if we bring the performances of the last 2 weeks.

These lads are finally delivering on the potential everybody on here knew they had. Back-boned by the extraordinary minor team of 2010 (who unbelievably won nothing) and supplemented by subsequent successful minor teams that won 3 Leinster titles in 4 years.

On a side note, will somebody pull Daniel Flynn aside and teach him how to pronounce "definitely" - fuck it actually, he keeps performing like last night, he can say whatever the fuck he wants Smile
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior A
Junior A
Cranky

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 pm

flourman wrote:
On a side note, will somebody pull Daniel Flynn  aside and teach him how to pronounce "definitely" - fuck it actually, he keeps performing like last night, he can say whatever the fuck he wants Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Definoitly lol
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Serious, serious performance
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Great win, powerful performance, players and management growing massively over last few weeks, just one note on Neil Flynn goal he didn't get a mention on TV but Tommy Moolick was moving around and got into the position for the flick at the right time some intelligence and some movement..........
At the end of the day like they said on the Sunday game you can legislate for a lot of things but workrate is up to the individual player....... these lads are putting in serious workrate over last few weeks and looks like the few coming off the bench are forcing the starters.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh    Kildare v Fermanagh  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Fermanagh
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next