Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Fermanagh

Go down 
+23
micky murphy
moatesports
kevhog88
Onhisboot
OutTheGap
Curraghplains
lilliesabu
murof
lillyboy
lilysavage
Rex
KILL BILL
Badger85
lily4fr
if_in_doubt
seamymurphy
Gaa1928
jj
jimmers
Highball
shoutitout
white boy
kickingking
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Fermanagh Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 3:43 am

Why do we do it to ourselves part 495...

Apparently, Feely, Conway & Masterson all doubtful/definitely out, in which case I'd go for something like...

O'Neill

O'Grady
P Kelly
Doyle

D Hyland
Ryan
K Flynn

P Cribbin
Moolick

Tyrrell
N Kelly
Robinson

N Flynn
D Flynn
J Hyland

That won't be the team but I'd go for something like that. Apparently John Treacey and Chris Byrne did well pre-season. I don't know much about them, maybe other posters have a better idea of whether they're ready or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 am

Lack of work rate in your half forward line there bud. Need Darragh Ryan and Keith Cribben in there allowing for your midfield having p Cribben. Or p Cribben with Liam Power in middle
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 am

I think the word that springs to mind about this game would be attritional.

No idea of the team but hopefully something different to the last few years.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 5:19 am

If we start slowly and allow them an early lead then it certainly will be attritional like last year. The only way to beat a well set up defensive team is to take plenty of early scores and force them to abandon the system.
There are plenty of Kildare forwards available who are well capable of scoring, hopefully some of them take that opportunity on Sunday. Really is a must win game for us.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 5:51 am

Definitely a must-win & tbh I don’t want any excuses afterwards.

I don’t care if we win this 5-4, we need to dig in, fight like demons & get the two points.

There’ll be more space against Clare & Armagh when style will be more of a consideration, but this is just purely about winning.

Keep the width, stretch them & when the gaps appear just go for it - and be utterly ruthless with goal chances.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 6:53 am

I'd be surprised if Con Kavanagh doesn't start.
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 6:53 am

I'm hearing O Neill is not in contention for goalkeeper.. but an outfield spot.. interesting as James Robinson is also on the Panel.. wondering why have 3 Goalkeepers.
Is this just a rumour anyone?.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 7:25 am

Midfield crisis

Conway out for 6-8 weeks
Masterson our for Fermanagh and Clare matches
Feely a doubt for Sunday hamstring
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 7:25 am

Another tactical note: against Carlow, Fermanagh & Tyrone over past 18 months we have been a dream to play against.

Stripped off the ball & picked off on the counter attack countless times. Depending on how play develops I think we need two players stationed in front of our FB line to stop quick counters. If we can’t find a way through with nearly a dozen players camped in their 45 then we’re at nothing to be honest.

Also if we’re particularly vulnerable on a turnover we need to use tactical fouls. We’ve been woeful at dark arts for a long time - Jesus even Corofin stooped to it yesterday. O’Connor needs to drill it into them: no handy counter attacks.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 7:34 am

Disappointing about midfield but it shouldn’t be an excuse & we just need to get on with it.

Aside from Paul Cribbin & Moolick, Daniel Flynn can also play midfield and Paschal Connell - while not in Feely or Conway’s league - is decent cover.

Certainly against Fermanagh, we shouldn’t be using it as a crutch.
Back to top Go down
lilliesabu
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 7:43 am

What about David Hyland & Con Kavanagh at mid field - both good work horses
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 8:16 am

An article in kildare now: https://www.kildarenow.com/news/sport/509930/six-newcomers-included-in-kildares-national-football-league-squad.html suggested Aaron O'Neill might be in contention for a midfield spot but I don't know if it's based on fact. I think most of us would prefer to see him in goals! No harm having 3 keepers in the panel in case one gets injured.

The full-back line is hard to predict. You'd imagine Mick O'Grady will take one spot and maybe Peter Kelly if he's showing form. Eoghan Bateman and Liam Healy played in all the O"Byrne cup matches so they could be picked. Mark Barrett was very good for the Under 20's a couple of years ago so I'd be hoping he could push for a place.

It will be interesting to see if Eoin Doyle is picked and if so - where? Kevin Flynn and Johnny Byrne are back this year. Con Kavanagh played well in the O'Byrne cup. I've been very impressed with Daragh Ryan every time I've seen him play.

David Hyland played in midfield in a couple of the O'Byrne Cup games and I think he could play there on Sunday with Tommy Moolick. Pascal Connell, Liam Power and Paul Cribbin are also options.

Paul Cribbin was a bit rusty in the Carlow match but hopefully he's improved since then. I'd have Adam Tyrell in my team for his freetaking and long range shooting. Lots of options in the half forward line like Niall Kelly, Paddy Brophy, Tony Archbold, Chris Byrne, John Treacy and Conor Hartley.

For the full-forward line, I'd have Jack Robinson, Dan Flynn and Neil Flynn with Jimmy Hyland coming off the bench when the game has opened up a bit.

Here's my effort at picking a team
Aaron O'Neill
Peter Kelly  Mick O'Grady  Liam Healy
Kevin Flynn Eoin Doyle  Con Kavanagh/Johnny Byrne
  Tommy Moolick  David Hyland
Adam Tyrell  Niall Kelly/Paddy Brophy Paul Cribbin
Jack Robinson  Dan Flynn  Neil Flynn
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 2:07 am

if jack robinson in team he has to be as close to goal as possible to me he could be a great if left in side
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 11:13 pm

Is that match still going ahead, very quite here, Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
lilliesabu
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 am

Kevin Flynn on DCU team that won Sigerson semi final last night. Will this rule him out for Sunday?
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 2:07 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Is that match still going ahead, very quite here, Shocked Shocked Shocked

What match lol!
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 2:09 am

Never seen as quiet a build up to a League first round.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 3:03 am

Big test to start off with. Moolick will be very important in how this match will play out.
They’ll target our kick outs and midfield. If Moolick holds his own physically (I believe he will) and the half backs and half forwards win the lions share of breaking ball it’ll set us up nicely to win the match.
Win the ball and move it quickly to the ff line, before they get men back.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 11:23 am

We need to be winning this by 6 or 7p and picking up another win in Clare,before heading to Armagh with 4p on the league table. If we want to get back to div 1 first 2 are must win games.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm

white boy I would take any sort of a win on Sunday let alone win by 6 or 7.

The 3 games we played already would do very little to make you think we could win on Sunday. This will be a dogged match and an quick start will be crucial.

With our injuries in mid field Hyland maybe used here but I would actually like to see him play at center forward. He moved there in the last 10 minutes against Carlow and along with other switches it made a huge positive impact. He has being scoring well of late (for a back) and his kick passing is good. His pass for the goal against Carlow was sublime.

Good quick ball into the full forward line on Sunday will be the key but I expect this to be a very tight match that may even end in a draw.

Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 8:27 pm

We're 2/7 for this one.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 10:30 pm

Uruurgh what a horrible price
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 12:28 am

Theres never much of a buzz for first league game until day of it. I guarantee you a big crowd in Conleths this Sunday. Looking forward to seeing Jack on the line and how the new lads fare out. Good practice to play against an ultra defensive team on a tight pitch. Hopefully Jack has some answers for it.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 12:40 am

Kildare by six.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 12:56 am

It's a tricky opener for us given that they beat us convincingly last year and we are in no way a settled outfit yet, but I do believe we have the players in this new squad to get the win. Kildare by 3+
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Fermanagh
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next